Contact Dr Philip Nobles
- Tel: +44 (0) 1793 785652
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- Communications Systems
- Defence Info Systems
Phil is Head of the Communications and Networks Group within the Centre for Electronic Warfare, Information and Cyber at Cranfield Defence and Security where he is responsible for the strategic direction of the Group, which delivers 14 MSc modules in topics including communication systems, networks, Cyber Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA), cybersecurity for connected vehicles and information systems.
Phil is an experienced academic who has led teaching and research into communication systems and networks for over 25 years, having completed his MEng and PhD at Swansea University.
His consultancy roles have included being the academic representative for all universities on the previous UK Ministry of Defence overarching communications and networks research programme (CSIIS) and advice to the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure.
Phil has published widely, with his work on wireless security having been featured on TV and radio. He is a member of the editorial board for the Journal of Data Protection & Privacy.
- Wireless communication systems
- Software Defined Networking
- Military communications
- Communications Electronic Warfare
Development and delivery of a blended learning MSc module on Networked Systems and Cybersecurity for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles.
Leading a work package on emulated radio components for a MOD funded research project under the CSIIS framework investigating wireless-aware software defined networks.
- Assuria Ltd.
- Technology Strategy Board
- Philips Research Laboratories
Articles In Journals
- Shakhirul MS, Jusoh M, Ismail AH, Kamarudin R, Nobles P, Rahim MKA, Sabapathy T, Osman MN, Jais MI & Soh PJ (2017) Textile antenna with simultaneous frequency and polarization reconfiguration for WBAN, IEEE Access, Early online (99).
- Chivers H, Clark JA, Nobles P & Shaikh SA and Chen H (2013) Knowing who to watch: Identifying attackers whose actions are hidden within false alarms and background noise, Information Systems Frontiers, 15 (1) 17-34.
- Shaikh S A, Chivers H, Nobles P, Clark J A & Chen H (2010) A deployment value model for intrusion detection sensors, Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- Siyau MF, Ormondroyd RF & Nobles P (2005) Performance of a layered space-time cellular system used with a fractionally-spaced channel estimator operated in a time-varying frequency selective wireless channel, IEEE Vehicular Technology Magazine.
- Mustafa Z, Nobles P, Maddison-Warren A & Morris S (2016) Investigating the Cloud: Amazon EC2 Client. In: 5th International Conference on Cybercrime, Security and Digital Forensics (Cyberforensics 2016), Shrivenham, 14-15 September 2016.
- Burls R & Nobles P (2014) Analysis of feodo malware - a complementary approach. In: 7th Cybercrime Forensics Education & Training, Canterbury Christ Church University, 10-11 July 2014.
- Nobles P & Horrocks PA (2004) Vulnerability of IEEE802.11 WLANs to MAC layer DoS attacks. In: 2nd IEE Secure Mobile Communications Forum, London, 1 September 2004.
- Nobles P (2004) Performance of a layered space-time cellular system used with a fractionally-spaced channel estimator operated in a time-varying, frequency-selective wireless channel. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Con, 1 September 2004.
- Nobles P & Chatprechakul N (2004) Using mobile agents for data collection, data correlation and response in an intrusion detection and response system. In: Communication Systems, Networks & Digital Signal Processing (CSNDSP 2004), 1 July 2004.
- Nobles P, Siyau MF & Ormondroyd RF (2003) Estimation of frequency selective wireless channels for layered space-time systems. In: IEEE International Sympo on Antennas and Propagation and URSI meeting, Columbus, OH, 1 June 2003.
- Nobles P & Scott R (2003) Wideband Propagation Measurements Onboard HMS Bristol. In: Military Communications conference paper MILCOM 2003, Boston, USA, 1 October 2003.
- Nobles P & Scott R (2003) Wideband propagation measurements on board HMS Bristol. In: Military Communications Conf, MILCOM2003 Boston, MA, 1 October 2003.
- Nobles P & Chatprechakul N (2003) A Software Agent Test-Bed for Network Centric Warfare Concepts. In: NATO Symposiumon Architecture for Network-Centrick Operations, Athens Greece, 1 October 2003.
- Nobles P, Siyau MF & Ormondroyd RF (2003) Channel estimation for layers space-time systems in time-varying frequency selective wireless channels. In: IEEE Vehicular Technology Conf, Orlando, FL, 1 October 2003.
- Nobles P & Chatprechakul N (2003) A software agent test-bed for network centric warfare concepts. In: NATO Sympo on Architecture for Network-Centric Operations, Greece, 1 October 2003.
- Nobles P, Siyau MF & Ormondroyd RF (2003) Channel estimation for layered space-time systems. In: Signal Processing Advances in Wireless Communications, SPAWC, Italy, 1 June 2003.
- Nobles P, Siyau MF & Ormondroyd RF (2002) Semi-blind channel estimation for a space-time system using a combined MEA-PI and auto-tracking algorithm. In: 2002 IEEE International Conf on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing - Orlando FL, 1 May 2002.
- Nobles P, Siyau MF & Ormondroyd RF (2001) Channel estimation for space-Time systems using a multi-element array recursive least squares (MEA-RLS) algorithm. In: 4th International Sympo on Wireless Personal Multimedia Communications, Denmark, 1 September 2001.
- Nobles P, Siyau MF & Ormondroyd RF (2001) Non-linear detection for space-time systems using orthogonal triangularization by QR decomposition. In: IEE Seminar on MIMO communications Systems from Concept to Implementation - London Digest 2001, 1 December 2001.