Contact Dr Pete Ito
- Tel: +44 (0) 1793 785128
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Ito earned a Bachelors degree in Political Science from the University of California at Berkeley, a Juris Doctor (law) degree and a Masters degree in International Affairs from George Washington University in Washington, D.C. and a PhD in Defence and Security from Cranfield University. Pete worked for 25 years as a Foreign Service Officer for the U.S. State Department. He served in Seoul, South Korea; Copenhagen, Denmark; Bonn and Berlin, Germany; The Hague, The Netherlands and Washington, D.C. His primary focus was political affairs, particularly defence and security policy.
Dr. Ito has served as a lecturer and researcher in defence acquisition since 2008. He is the director for the Programme and Project Management MSc course. He also serves as the Academic Leader on the Capability and Acquisition training course. Dr. Ito runs the Financial Military Capability (Advanced) course, and delivers the International Dimensions of Defence Acquisiton module on the Defence Acquisition Management MSc. He has undertaken various research projects in the area of defence acquisition and has contributed to a number of published articles. He has written a book chapter on Baltic military assistance programmes.
Articles In Journals
- Ito P & Antill P (2018) Getting it right from the outset, Defence Procurement International (Winter 2017/18) 20-25.
- Ito P & Antill P (2017) Lessons from Iraq and Chilcot, Defence Procurement International (Winter 2016/17) 25-29.
- Ito P & Antill P (2017) Generating a Carrier Strike Capability: People are Still Central, Defence Procurement International (Summer 2017) 28-37.
- Ito P & Antill P (2017) Avoiding the Indiana Jones policy in Naval shipbuilding, Defence Procurement International (Winter 2017/18) 26-31.
- Ito P & Antill P (2015) Naval Procurement – The UK's Type 26 Frigate Programme: getting it right from the start, Defence Procurement International (Summer 2015).
- Ito P & Antill P (2015) Compared To What? – Setting Metrics to Get Results, Defence Procurement International (Winter 2015/16) 96-101.
- Ito P & Antill P (2015) Assessing what matters, Defence Procurement International (Winter 2015/16) 12-17.
- Ito P & Antill PD (2015) Minimising the risk of making bad decisions, Defence Procurement International (Spring) 10-15.
- Ito P & Antill PD (2014) The 2015 SDSR: Considerations for Multinational Defence Acquisition, Defence Procurement International (Summer 2014) 20-24.
- Antill P, Ito P & Robinson S (2013) Anglo-French Defence Cooperation in the Age of Austerity, RUSI Defence Systems, 15 (3) 21-23.
- Antill P & Ito P (2013) Reforming DE&S and the GoCo Option, Defence Procurement International (Summer 2013) 9-13.
- Antill PD & Ito P (2013) The Trials and tribulations of international collaborative procurement -a UK perspective on the JSF programme, International Journal, 68 (1) 13-29.
- Antill P & Ito P (2012) The UK and the Joint Strike Fighter : an acquisition programme in crisis?, RUSI Defence Systems, 15 (1) 91-98.
- Ito P, Moore D M, Young S, Burgess K & Antill P D (2011) Impact of U.S. export control and technology transfer regime on the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Project - views of key UK stakeholders, International Journal of Defense Acquisition Management, 4 (1) 1-52.
- Moore D M, Young S, Ito P, Burgess K & Antill P D (2010) US Export Controls and Technology Transfer Requirements - A United Kingdom Perspective, International Journal of Defense Acquisition Management, 3 23-49.
- Ito P, Moore D, Antill P, Young S & Burgess K Implications for the U.S. of Anglo-French Defense Cooperation. In: NPS 9th Annual Acquisition Research Symposium, Monterey, California, 15 May 2012.
- Moore D M, Ito P, Young S, Burgess K & Antill P D (2011) The Impact of U.S. Export Control and Technology Transfer Regime on the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Project - A UK Perspective. In: NPS Eighth Annual Acquisition Research Symposium, Monterey, California, 10 May 2011.
- Moore D M, Young S, Ito P, Burgess K & Antill P D (2010) US export controls and technology transfer requirements - a UK perspective. In: Seventh Annual Acquisition Research Symposium, Monterey, California, 12 May 2010.
- Moore DM, Antill PD, Smith JCD & Ito P (2014) Austerity and the Current Challenges in the Defence Environment. In: Case Studies in Defence Procurement & Logistics, Cambridge: Cambridge Academic, p. 1-30, ed. One.
- Ito P (2013) Baltic military cooperative projects: a record of success. In: Apprenticeship, Partnership, Membership: Twenty Years of Defence Development in the Baltic States. Tony Lawrence and Tomas Jermalavicius (ed.), Tallinn, Estonia: International Centre for Defence Studies, p. 246-281.
- Antill P D & Ito P (2011) Case 2.5 Multi-National Collaborative Procurement – The Joint Strike Fighter Programme. In: Case Studies in Defence Procurement and Logistics - Volume I: From World War II to the Post-Cold War World. Moore D M (ed.), Cambridge: Cambridge Academic Press, p. 177-252, ed. 1st.