Contact Dr Pavan Addepalli
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758346
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- Instrumentation, Sensors and Measurement Science
- Structures and Materials
- Throughlife Engineering Services
Before joining Cranfield in 2013, Pavan was at the TWI NDT
Validation Centre Wales, working on the non-destructive evaluation of metals
and composite materials. He was the recipient of the Prince of Wales Innovation
Scholarship awarded by the University of Wales in 2010 to take up doctoral
research in using Thermography to characterise defects and damage opccuring in advanced composite materials. He holds an
MPhil in Material Technology from Swansea University, UK and a BEng in
Mechanical Engineering from Anna University, India. He is a Chartered Engineer and a full professional member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (MIMechE), a full time professional member of the
Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET) and a CSWIP Certified
Level 1 Thermography Inspector.
Pavan Addepalli is a Research Fellow in mechanical component degradation analysis based with the Through-life Engineering Services Centre, Manufacturing Theme at Cranfield University.
Pavan is currently working on an EPSRC awarded Platform Grant investigating material behaviour of advanced materials and composites looking at the influence of multiple degradation mechanisms. He continues to expand his research in the area of Non-destructive testing methods, especially Thermography. Additionally, he is expanding his initial research in the area of digital architecture and support for enhanced life prediction of high value parts, part of the Innovate - ATI award - Digitally Optimised Through-life Engineering Services (2018-2022).
Pavan's research interest include:
- Thermography - Passive & Active
- Non-destructive testing (NDT): 3D X-CT, 3D Imaging, Ultrasonic testing and Dye Penetrant Testing
- Mechanical testing & material characterisation
- Composites - near and sub-surface defect and damage assessment
- Through-life Engineering Services
- Digital architecture to support servitization - digital twins
- Rolls-Royce Plc
- BAE Systems
- Bombardier Transportation
- International Tin Association (ITA)
- Elan Business Associates
- Network Rail
- H S Marston Ltd, part of UTC Aerospace Systems
Articles In Journals
- Addepalli S, Zhao Y, Roy R, Galhenege W, Colle M, Yu J & Ucur A (2019) Non-destructive evaluation of localised heat damage occurring in carbon composites using thermography and thermal diffusivity measurement, Measurement, 131 (January) 706-713. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.3490688
- Yazdani Nezhad H,Stratakis D, Ayre D, Addepalli S & Zhao Y (2018) Mechanical performance of composite bonded joints in the presence of localised process-induced zero-thickness defects, Procedia Manufacturing, 16 91-98.
- Luna J, Addepalli S, Salonitis K & Makatsoris H (2018) Assessment of an emerging aerospace manufacturing cluster and its dependence on the mature global clusters, Procedia Manufacturing, 19 26-33.
- Zhao Y, Addepalli S, Sirikham A & Roy R (2018) A confidence map based damage assessment approach using pulsed thermographic inspection, NDT and E International, 93 (January) 86-97. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.5480683.v1
- Witwit W, Zhao Y, Jenkins K & Addepalli S (2018) Global motion based video super-resolution reconstruction using discrete wavelet transform, Multimedia Tools and Applications, 77 (20) 27641-27660.
- Grenyer A, Addepalli S, Zhao Y, Oakey L, Erkoyuncu JA & Roy R (2018) Identifying challenges in quantifying uncertainty: case study in infrared thermography, Procedia CIRP, 73 108-113.
- Addepalli S, Pagalday G, Salonitis K & Roy R (2018) Socio-economic and demographic factors that contribute to the growth of the civil aviation industry, Procedia Manufacturing, 19 2-9.
- Addepalli S, Roy R, Axinte D & Mehnen J (2017) ‘In-situ’Inspection Technologies: Trends in Degradation Assessment and Associated Technologies, Procedia CIRP, 59 35-40.
- Zhao Y, Tinsley L, Addepalli Sri, Mehnen J & Roy R (2016) A coefficient clustering analysis for damage assessment of composites based on pulsed thermographic inspection, NDT and E International, 83 (October) 59-67.
- Addepalli S, Eiroa D, Lieotrakool S, François A-L, Guisset J, Sanjaime D, Kazarian M, Duda J, Roy R & Phillips P. (2015) Degradation study of heat exchangers, Procedia CIRP, 38 137-142.
- Roy R, Mehnen J, Addepalli S, Redding L, Tinsley L & Okoh C (2014) Service knowledge capture and reuse. In: 6th CIRP Conference on Industrial Product-Service Systems, Windsor, 1-2 May 2014.
- Redding L, Addepalli S, Roy R, Menhen J, Tinsley L, Morar N, Okoh C & Kakandar E (2014) Service damage characterisation: A new model to build a semantics based and automated evaluation system. In: The 3rd EPSRC Manufacturing the Future Conference - 2014, Glasgow, 23-24 September 2014.
- Yazdani Nezhad H, Ayre D, Addepalli P & Zhao Y Performance of aerospace composite bonded joints in the presence of process-induced defects. In: 39th International MATADOR Conference on Advanced Manufacturing, Manchester, 5-7 July 2017.
- Addepalli S, Zhao Y & Tinsley L. (2017) Thermographic NDT for through-life inspection of high value components. In: Advances in Through-life Engineering Services, Springer, Cham, p. 189-197. Dataset/s: 10.1007/978-3-319-49938-3_12
- Addepalli SNP & Tinsley L (2014) Active thermography in through-life engineering. In: Through-life Engineering Services, SAGE Publications (UK and US), p. 117-127.