Contact Dr Patrick McLaughlin
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x5484
- Email: email@example.com
Patrick McLaughlin is an operations practitioner with extensive experience of leading implementation of operations excellence in manufacturing facilities.
His career in manufacturing spans manufacturing engineer, manager and director. He has worked in both multinational and SME businesses. He has experience with a range of manufacturing processes and different companies, allied to experience in several industry sectors. This has provided a strong background in managing manufacturing operations, including managing productivity improvement, growth, downturn, restructuring and relocation of manufacturing facilities.
He has worked in manufacturing industry at director level for over 20 years, and been responsible for several plant-wide productivity improvement implementations. He designed and led several strategy implementations that delivered operational and financial performance improvements to a business. He has experience of improving productivity in automotive, capital goods, industrial equipment and consumer durables. This experience includes responsibility for integrating the design and development of new products into a lean operations environment, developing a continuous improvement culture to facilitate sustainable performance gains in a lean implementation, and creation of a radical innovation culture that led to a pipeline of innovative new products.
- Rolls-Royce plc
- Brompton Bicycle
- Alamo Group Europe
- Aura Inflight
- DPD group
Articles In Journals
- Abualfaraa W, AlManei M, Kaur R, Al-Ashaab A, McLaughlin P & Salonitis K (2022) A synergetic framework for green and lean manufacturing practices in SMEs: Saudi Arabia perspective, Sustainability, 15 (1) Article No. 596.
- Alnadi MMA & McLaughlin P (2021) Critical success factors of Lean Six Sigma from leaders’ perspective, International Journal of Lean Six Sigma , 12 (5) 1073-1088.
- Alkhoraif A & McLaughlin P (2020) Explore and evaluate organisational culture aspects that affecting lean implementation within manufacturing SMEs: the case of Saudi Arabia, International Journal of Services and Operations Management , 36 (2) 247-270.
- Algarni NA, McLaughlin P, Alqarni NM & Alotaibi MM (2020) The effects of cultural aspects and leadership practices on the healthcare organizations' performance: the case of Saudi Arabia, Journal of Organizational Management Studies, 2020, Article No. 790792.
- Alkhoraif A & McLaughlin P (2020) A methodology to surface aspects of organizational culture to facilitate lean implementation within SMEs, International Journal of Operational Research , 40 (1) 52-91.
- Alotaibi MS, McLaughlin P & Al-Ashaab A (2019) Organizational cultural factors influencing continuous improvement in Saudi universities, Journal of Organizational Management Studies, 2019 Article No. 408194.
- Alkhoraif A, McLaughlin P & Rashid H (2019) A framework to improve lean implementation by review leveraging aspects of organizational culture: The case of Saudi Arabia, International Journal of Agile Systems and Management, 12 (2) 124-179.
- Alkhoraif A, Rashid H & McLaughlin P (2018) Lean implementation in small and medium enterprises: Literature review, Operations Research Perspectives, 6 Article No. 100089.
- Alkhoraif A & McLaughlin P (2018) Organisational culture aspects that facilitate lean implementation: a pilot study, International Journal of Agile Systems and Management, 11 (2) 103-125.
- McLaughlin P (2018) Creating a culture for radical innovation in a small mature business, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 232 (8) 1471-1483.
- Al Shehri M, McLaughlin P, Al-Ashaab A & Hamad R (2018) The impact of organizational culture on employee engagement in Saudi banks, Journal of Human Resources Management Research, 2017 Article No. 761672.
- Alkhoraif A & McLaughlin P (2018) Lean implementation within manufacturing SMEs in Saudi Arabia: Organizational culture aspects, Journal of King Saud University (Engineering Science), 30 (3) 232-242.
- Almaiman S & McLaughlin P (2018) Investigating the role of organizational culture in facilitating continuous improvement within Saudi non-profit organizations, Journal of Human Resources Management Research, 2018 Article No. 724461.
- Algarni NA, McLaughlin P, Ahmed A & Hamad R (2018) Identifying factors influencing the leadership performance of Saudi's healthcare sector, Journal of Organizational Management Studies, 2018 Article No. 683208.
- McLaughlin P, Al Ashaab A & Rashid H (2017) Factors influence employee engagement leveraging by organisational culture (pilot study in Libyan banking sector), Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 22 (1) 88-101.
- Algarni N, Mclaughlin P & Al-Ashaab A (2017) 4 Developing a framework to improve leadership performance in healthcare organisations: the case of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, BMJ Leader, 1 (Suppl 1) A2-A3.
- Alkhoraif A & McLaughlin P (2017) Organisational culture - enablers and inhibitors factors for the effective implementation of lean, International Journal of Lean Thinking, 8 (2) 65-96.
- Eseleni M, McLaughlin P, AlAshaab A, Rashid & H (2016) Impact of organisational culture and leadership on employee engagement in Libyan banking sector, Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, 21 (12) 36-43.
- McLaughlin & P (2014) Measuring Productivity, Management Services -Enfield-, 58 (4) 31-37.
- McLaughlin P & Durazo-Cardenas I (2013) Cellular manufacturing applications in MRO operations, Procedia CIRP, 11 254-259.
- McLaughlin P, Bessant J & Smart P (2008) Developing an organisation culture to facilitate radical innovation, International Journal of Technology Management, 44 (3-4) 298-323.
- Alnadi M & McLaughlin P (2020) Leadership that facilitates the successful implementation of Lean Six Sigma. In: 3rd International Conference on Information Management and Management Science (IMMS 2020), London, 7-9 August 2020.
- Almaiman S & McLaughlin P (2018) Developing an improvement culture within nonprofit organizations: a grounded theory case of Saudi Arabia. In: 31st International Business Information Management Association (IBMA) Conference, Milan, 25-26 April 2018.
- Almaiman S & McLaughlin P (2018) Facilitating a continuous improvement culture: a literature review. In: 16th International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR 2018), Skovde, 11-13 September 2018.
- Almaiman S, McLaughlin P & Al-Ashaab A (2017) Interventions to develop an improvement culture within nonprofit organizations: the case of Saudi Arabia. In: 15th International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR 2017), Greenwich, London, 5-7 September 2017.
- Almaiman S, McLaughlin P & Al-Ashab A (2017) Developing a framework to facilitate an improvement culture: the case of Saudi Arabia. In: 7th GIKA Global Innovation and Knowledge Conference, Lisbon, 28-30 June 2017.
- Almaiman S & McLaughlin P (2017) Uncovering aspects that facilitate a continuous improvement culture within nonprofit organizations. In: 24th EurOMA Conference 2017, Edinburgh, 1-5 July 2017.
- Almaiman S & McLaughlin P (2016) Success factors to facilitate continuous improvement culture within Saudi non-profit organisations. In: 23rd EurOMA Conference, 2016, Trondheim, 19-22 June 2016.
- Alkhoraif A & McLaughlin W (2016) Organisational culture that inhibit the lean implementation. In: The European Business and Management Conference 2016 (EBMC2016), Brighton, 7-10 July 2016.
- Radif M, Fan IS & McLaughln P (2015) Internal and external barriers influencing LMS implementation in Iraqi higher education. In: 8th International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation, 2015, Seville, 18-20 November 2015.
- McLaughlin W (1994) Introduction of cellular manufacturing at Bomford Turner. In: Manufacturing Division Colloquium on Management of Change, London, 2 March 1994.