Contact Dr Panagiotis Tsoutsanis
- MEng of Aerospace Engineering, University of Liverpool 2003
- Second-lieutenant Hellenic Air-Force 2004-2006
- Phd Cranfield University 2006-2009
- Airframe & Development Engineer, Aegean Airlines 2009-2011
- Associate Research Scientist, The Cyprus Institute 2011-2012
- Project Leader of UCNS3D (www.ucns3d.com)
Opportunities for research in the following topics:
- Development of High-Order Numerical Methods for Turbulence Modelling
- Hybrid Finite-Volume/Finite-Element Methods for Compressible Flows
- Industrial scale Very Large Eddy Simulation
- High-Order Visualisation of Transient Turbulent Simulation Data
- Automotive aerodynamics
Current activitiesState-of-the-art numerical methods for Computational Fluid Dynamics in the following areas:
- Turbulence modelling in conjunction with high-order schemes
- Large-scale production RANS for aerospace applications
- Implicit Large Eddy Simulation for hybrid-unstructured meshes
- Parallel scientific computing with numerical-methods driven partitioning techniques
- Techniques for moving overset meshes tailored complicated geometries
- Adaptive mesh refinement strategies for efficient simulation techniques.
- MBDA Systems
- Jaguar Land Rover
- Red Bull
- Augusta Westland
- BAE systems
Articles In Journals
- Farmakis PS, Tsoutsanis P & Nogueira X (2020) WENO schemes on unstructured meshes using a relaxed a posteriori MOOD limiting approach, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 363 (May) Article No. 112921. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.11836164.v1
- Ricci F, Silva PASF, Tsoutsanis P & Antoniadis AF (2020) Hovering rotor solutions by high-order methods on unstructured grids, Aerospace Science and Technology, 97 (February) Article No. 105648.
- Tsoutsanis P (2019) Stencil selection algorithms for WENO schemes on unstructured meshes, Journal of Computational Physics: X, 4 (September) Article No. 100037. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.8983772
- Vasilopoulos K, Sarris IE & Tsoutsanis P (2019) Assessment of air flow distribution and hazardous release dispersion around a single obstacle using Reynolds-averaged Navier-Stokes equations, Heliyon, 5 (4) Article No. e01482.
- Tsoutsanis P (2018) Extended bounds limiter for high-order finite-volume schemes on unstructured meshes, Journal of Computational Physics, 362 (June) 69-94.
- Tsoutsanis P, Antoniadis AF & Jenkins KW (2018) Improvement of the computational performance of a parallel unstructured WENO finite volume CFD code for implicit large eddy simulation, Computers and Fluids, 173 (September) 157-170.
- Simmonds N, Tsoutsanis P, Antoniadis AF, Jenkins KW & Gaylard A (2018) Low-Mach number treatment for finite-volume schemes on unstructured meshes, Applied Mathematics and Computation, 336 (November) 368-393.
- Vasilopoulos K, Mentzos M, Sarris IE & Tsoutsanis P (2018) Computational assessment of the hazardous release dispersion from a diesel pool fire in a complex building’s area, Computation, 6 (4) Article No. 65.
- Singh D, Antoniadis AF, Tsoutsanis P, Shin H-S, Tsourdos A, Mathekga S & Jenkins KW (2018) A multi-fidelity approach for aerodynamic performance computations of formation flight, Aerospace, 5 (2) Article No. 66.
- Antoniadis AF, Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2017) Assessment of high-order finite volume methods on unstructured meshes for RANS solutions of aeronautical configurations, Computers and Fluids, 146 (March) 86-104.
- Yi Y, Salonitis K, Tsoutsanis P, Litos L & Patsavelas J (2017) Improving the curing cycle time through the numerical modeling of air flow in industrial continuous convection ovens, Procedia CIRP, 63 499-504.
- Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2016) A high-order finite-volume method for atmospheric flows on unstructured grids, Journal of Coupled Systems and Multiscale Dynamics, 4 (3) 170-186.
- Tsoutsanis P, Kokkinakis IW, Könözsy L, Drikakis D, Williams RJR & Youngs DL (2015) Comparison of structured- and unstructured-grid, compressible and incompressible methods using the vortex pairing problem, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 293 (August) 207-231.
- Tsoutsanis P, Antoniadis AF & Drikakis D (2014) WENO schemes on arbitrary unstructured meshes for laminar, transitional and turbulent flows, Journal of Computational Physics, 256 (January) 254-276.
- Tsoutsanis P, Titarev VA & Drikakis D (2011) WENO schemes on arbitrary mixed-element unstructured meshes in three space dimensions, Journal of Computational Physics, 230 (4) 1585-1601.
- Titarev VA, Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2010) WENO schemes for mixed-element unstructured meshes, Communications in Computational Physics, 8 (3) 585-609.
- Simmonds N, Pitman J, Tsoutsanis P, Jenkins K, Gaylard A & Jansen W (2017) Complete body aerodynamic study of three vehicles. In: WCX17: SAE World Congress Experience, Detroit, 4-6 April 2017.
- Simmonds N, Tsoutsanis P & Gaylard A (2016) Implementation of a low-mach number modification for high-order finite-volume schemes for arbitrary hybrid unstructured meshes. In: ECCOMAS Congress 2016 VII European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, Crete, 5-10 June 2016.
- Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2016) Addressing the challenges of implementation of high-order finite-volume schemes for atmospheric dynamics of unstructured meshes. In: ECCOMAS Congress 2016 VII European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, Crete, 5-10 June 2016.
- Srinivasan H & Tsoutsanis P (2016) Adaptive mesh refinement techniques for high-order finite-volume WENO schemes. In: ECCOMAS Congress 2016 VII European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, Crete, 5-10 June 2016.
- Simmonds N, Tsoutsanis P, Drikakis D, Gaylard A & Jansen W (2016) Full vehicle aero-thermal cooling drag sensitivity analysis for various radiator pressure drops. In: SAE 2016 World Congress and Exhibition, Detroit, 12-14 April 2016.
- Ciarella A, Tsotskas C, Hahn M, Werter NPM, De Breuker R, Beaverstock CS, Friswell MI, Yang Y, özgen S, Antoniadis A, Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2015) A Multi-Fidelity, Multi-Disciplinary Analysis and Optimization Framework for the Design of Morphing UAV Wing. In: 16th AIAA/ISSMO Multidisciplinary Analysis and Optimization Conference, 2015, Dallas, TX, 22-26 June 2015.
- Antoniadis AF, Tsoutsanis P, Rana Z, Kokkinakis I & Drikakis D (2015) Azure: an advanced CFD software suite based on high-resolution and high-order methods. In: 53rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Kissimmee, 5-9 January 2015.
- Kokkinakis IW, Antoniadis AV, Drikakis D, Tsoutsanis P & Rana ZA (2015) High-order methods for hypersonic shock wave turbulent boundary layer interaction. In: 20th AIAA International Space Planes and Hypersonic Systems and Technologies Conference 2015, Glasgow, 6-9 July 2015.
- Antoniadis AF, Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2015) Numerical Accuracy in RANS Computations of High-Lift Multi-Element Airfoil and Aircraft Configurations. In: 53rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Kissimmee, 5-9 January 2015.
- Könözsy L, Kokkinakis IW, Antoniadis AF, Rana ZA, Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2015) High-order methods for shock wave turbulent boundary layer interaction. In: UK Turbulence Consortium Annual Review, Southampton, 3 September 2015.
- Antoniadis AF, Tsoutsanis P & Drikakis D (2012) High-order schemes on mixed-element unstructured grids for aerodynamic flows. In: 42nd AIAA Fluid Dynamics Conference and Exhibit 2012, New Orleans, 25-28 June 2012.