Contact Dr Paco Saez
Professor at Technical University of Madrid (retired), Head of Department of Airspace Systems, Air Transport and Airports (School of Aerospace Engineering, ETSIAE, UPM). Member of the management board of CRIDA/ENAIRE, Member of the Scientific Committee of SESAR, Director of Air Traffic Services in Spain (Aena), Director of Air Traffic Controllers School (Spain, CAA). Member of the Committee of Management of Eurocontrol.
Responsible of the ATM/CNS research and academic activities at Cranfield University.
Sesar (European Commision),
European Commission R&D Framework Programmes.
Articles In Journals
- Verdonk Gallego CE, Gomez Comendador VF, Amaro Carmona MA, Arnaldo Valdes RM, Saez Nieto FJ & Garcia Martinez M (2019) A machine learning approach to air traffic interdependency modelling and its application to trajectory prediction, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 107 (October) 356-386.
- Cheng L, Schon ZY, Arnaldo Valdés RM, Gómez Comendador VF & Sáez Nieto FJ (2019) A case study of fishbone sequential diagram application and ADREP taxonomy codification in conventional ATM incident investigation, Symmetry, 11 (4) Article No. 491.
- Gatsinzi D, Saez Nieto FJ & Madani I (2018) ECAC use case of optimised pre-tactical time of arrival adjustments to reduce probability of separation infringements, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 51 (9) 186-192.
- Barragan Montes R, Gomez Comendador F, Saez Nieto F & Perez Sanz L (2018) Finding precursory air traffic management safety metrics using exploration of trajectory radar tracks, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 31 (1).
- Verdonk Gallego CE, Gomez Comendador VF, Saez Nieto FJ, Orenga Imaz G & Arnaldo Valdés RM (2018) Analysis of air traffic control operational impact on aircraft vertical profiles supported by machine learning, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, In press.
- Garcia Heras J, Soler M & Saez FJ (2016) Collocation methods to minimum-fuel trajectory problems with required time of arrival in ATM, Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, 13 (7) 243-265.
- Saez Nieto FJ (2016) The long journey toward a higher level of automation in ATM as safety critical, socio technical and multi-Agent system, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 230 (9) 1533-1547.
- Cozar JA, Saez FJ & Ricaud E (2016) Radar track segmentation with cubic splines for collision risk models in high density terminal areas, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 229 (8) 1371-1383. Dataset/s: 10.1177/0954410014550218
- Hernando Guadaño L, Arnaldo Valdes RM & Saez Nieto FJ (2014) Using aircraft as wind sensors for estimating accurate wind fields for air traffic management applications, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 228 (14) 2681-2694.
- Garcia-Heras J, Soler M & Saez FJ (2014) A comparison of optimal control methods for minimum fuel cruise at constant altitude and course with fixed arrival time, Procedia Engineering, 80 231-244. Dataset/s: : 10.1016/j.proeng.2014.09.083
- Alonso Alarcon JF, Sáez Nieto FJ & García-Heras Carretero J (2012) Aircraft used as a sensor for atmospheric behaviour determination. Practical case: Pressure estimation using automatic dependent surveillance-broadcast, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 227 (5) 778-797.
- Arnaldo Valdes RM, Gomez Comendador F, Cordum LM & Saez Nieto FJ (2011) The development of probabilistic models to estimate accident risk (due to runway overrun and landing undershoot) applicable to the design and construction of runway safety areas, Safety Science, 49 (5) 633-650.
- Radanovic M, Eroles MA, Koca T, Verdonk Gallego CE & Nieto FJ (2017) Identification of spatiotemporal interdependencies and complexity evolution in a multiple aircraft environment. In: Seventh SESAR Innovation Days, 2017 (SIDS), Belgrade, 28-30 November 2017.
- Verdonk Gallego CE & Saez Nieto FJ (2016) Discussion on complexity and TCAS indicators for coherent safety net transitions. In: 6th SESAR Innovation Days, 2016, TU Delft, 8-10 November 2016.
- Arnaldo R, Sáez F, Garcia E & Portillo Y (2012) CRM model to estimate probability of potential collision for aircraft encounters in high density scenarios using stored data tracks. In: Advances in Human Aspects of Aviation. Landry SJ (ed.), Boca Raton, Florida, USA: CRC PreSS.
- Arnaldo R, Sáez Nieto FJ, Garcia E & Portillo Y (2012) Probability of potential collision for aircraft encounters in high density airspaces. In: Advances in Air Navigation Services, Intech.