Mehdi Soleymani received his B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, in 2000, 2003, and 2009, respectively. He was with the Automotive Industry Research and Innovation Centre of Saipa Company (AIRIC) as a Test Engineer from 2003-2004. Since March 2009, he had been with Arak University, Arak, Iran, as an Assistant/ Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Director of the Systems Simulation and Control Laboratory. Since October 2018 he is with the Advanced Vehicle Engineering Centre of the Cranfield University as a Research Fellow.
- Modelling, Simulation, and Energy Management of Electric Vehicles
- Modelling, Simulation, and System Identification of Lithium Sulfur Batteries for Automotive Application
- Energy Harvesting of Active/Semi-active Suspension Systems
Articles In Journals
- Khalatbarisoltani A, Soleymani M & Khodadadi M (2019) Online control of an active seismic system via reinforcement learning, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 26 (3) Article No. e2298.
- Khoshbin E, Abolmasoumi A, Soleymani M & Khalatbari A (2018) Generalized active disturbance rejection control of structures under seismic disturbance considering time delays, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 25 (1) Article No. e2029.
- Soleymani M, Abolmasoumi A, Bahrami H, Khalatbari A, Khoshbin E & Sayahi S (2018) Modified sliding mode control of a seismic active mass damper system considering model uncertainties and input time delay, Journal of Vibration and Control, 24 (6) 1051-1064.
- Rajabi N, Abolmasoumi A & Soleymani M (2018) Sliding mode trajectory tracking control of a ball-screw-driven shake table based on online state estimations using EKF/UKF, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 25 (4) Article No. e2133.
- Soleymani M, Khalatabari-S A & Ghanbari-S B (2017) Fuzzy-Sliding-Mode Supervisory Control of a Seismic Shake Table with Variable Payload for Robust and Precise Acceleration Tracking, Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 23 (4) 539-556.
- Mehdizadeh, Soleymani M & Abolmasoumi A (2017) Stability control of a road vehicle considering model and parametric uncertainties, International Journal of Vehicle Autonomous Systems, 13 (3) 203-220.
- Nekoonam V & Soleymani M (2016) Design and virtual implementation of a parallel robot in a medium boat for stabilisation purpose, International Journal of Mechanisms and Robotic Systems, 2 (3-4).
- Kandi-D M, Soleymani M & Ghadimi A (2016) Designing an optimal fuzzy controller for a fuel cell vehicle considering driving patterns, Scientia Iranica, 23 (1) 218-227.
- Hamidizadeh M, Soleymani M, Moradzadeh H & Ghanbari-S B (2016) Fuzzy supervisory control of a seismic shake table, Scientia Iranica, 23 (6) 2451-2457.
- Kandi Dayeni M & Soleymani M (2016) Intelligent energy management of a fuel cell vehicle based on traffic condition recognition, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy, 18 (6) 1945-1960.
- Sayahi S, Hamidizadeh M, Moradzadeh H, Soleymani M & Rahmani M (2015) Fuzzy control of a seismic shake table using a vision-based displacement measurement system, Journal of Modares Mechanical Engineering, 14 (14) 117-124.
- Soleymani M, Yoosofi A & Kandi-D M (2015) Sizing and energy management of a medium hybrid electric boat, Journal of Marine Science and Technology, 20 (4) 739-751.
- Soleymani M & SMS Lee SMS (2014) Sequential combination of weighted and nonparametric bagging for classification, Biometrika, 101 (2) 491-498.
- Soleymani M, Nekoonam V & Asghar Ghadimi A (2014) Optimal fuzzy controller design for an active tripod stable platform using virtual prototyping, Journal of Modares Mechanical Engineering, 14 (1) 168-174.
- Soleymani M & Khodadadi M (2013) Adaptive fuzzy controller for active tuned mass damper of a benchmark tall building subjected to seismic and wind loads, Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 23 (10) 781-800.
- Montazeri-Gh M, Soleymani M & Hashemi S (2013) Impact of traffic conditions on the active suspension energy regeneration in hybrid electric vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 60 (10) 4546-4553.
- Soleymani M, Montazeri-Gh M & Amiryan R (2012) Adaptive fuzzy controller for vehicle active suspension system based on traffic conditions, Scientia Iranica, 19 (3) 443-453.
- Montazeri-Gh M & Soleymani M (2010) Investigation of the energy regeneration of active suspension system in hybrid electric vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 57 (3) 918-925.
- Montazeri-Gh M & Soleymani M (2008) Active suspension system in parallel hybrid electric vehicles, International Journal of Engineering Science, 19 (5) 97-104.
- Montazeri-Gh M, Yaser Jazayeri-M S & Soleymani M (2008) Vehicle ride evaluation based on a time-domain variable speed driving pattern, International Journal of Vehicle Design, 47 (1-4) 87-101.
- Montazeri-Gh M & Soleymani M (2008) Genetic optimization of a fuzzy active suspension system based on human sensitivity to the transmitted vibrations, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 222 (10) 1769-1780.
- Soleymani M, Bahador Ghanbari Sini B & Hamidizadeh M Design and implementation of genetic-fuzzy controller for an electric seismic shake table, Journal of Seismology and Earthquake Engineering, 17 (1) 61-70.
- Ghaderi R, Kandidayeni M, Soleymani M & Boulon L (2020) Investigation of the battery degradation impact on the energy management of a fuel cell hybrid electric vehicle. In: 2019 IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference (VPPC), Hanoi, 14-17 October 2019.
- Soleymani M, Montazeri-Ghi M & Amiryan R (2011) Adaptive fuzzy controller for active suspension system based on the traffic conditions. In: Artificial Intelligence and Applications/718: Modelling, Identification and Control, Innsbruck, 14-16 February 2011.
- Montazeri-Gh M, Soleymani M, Mehrabi & N (2008) Application of virtual prototyping for optimization of fuzzy-based active suspension system. In: 5th International Symposium on Mechatronics and Its Applications (ISMA08), Amman, 27-29 May 2008.
- Soleymani M & Hossein Abolmasoumi AH Fuzzy-sliding mode supervisory control of an electric seismic shake table.