Contact Dr Maurizio Bevilacqua
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x5670
- Email: email@example.com
- Linkedin: https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/maurizio-bevilacqua/35/708/18a
Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Engines, Powertrains & Alternative Fuels
- Instrumentation & Sensors
- Manufacturing Systems
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
- Systems Engineering
- Throughlife Engineering Services
- Vehicle Health Management
BackgroundMaurizio Bevilacqua was born in Battipaglia (Sa), Italy, in 1983. He received the MS degree in Electronic Engineering from the University of Salerno in 2008. He received his PhD in 2012 discussing a thesis on "Advanced models and methods for the calibration of 3D scanners".
Dr Maurizio Bevilacqua is a Research Associate at Cranfield University. The topic of his research is focused on data mining and data fusion for self-aware maintenance systems on AUTONOM project, developing a multiobjective optimisation framework for the planning and scheduling of maintenance activities.
The integration of sensor-based information has been well established in some contexts, for example automobile or food manufacturing, where the environment is well controlled, and the benefits easily justify the investment. But the uptake in geographically dispersed and less structured environments poses challenges in technology and cost justification.The overall aim of this project is to enable improved integration between architectural levels in data-rich environments in automated, intelligent maintenance, responding to business pull and demonstrating value.
Additionally Maurizio is working on following how this WP will capture a system of stationary sensor nodes and mobile sensors and can work together as an intelligent autonomous system suitable for integrated infrastructure maintenance.
- Network Rail
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC).
Articles In Journals
- Durazo-Cardenas I, Starr A, Turner CJ, Tiwari A, Kirkwood L, Bevilacqua M, Tsourdos A, Shehab E, Baguley P & Xu Y (2018) An autonomous system for maintenance scheduling data-rich complex infrastructure: Fusing the railways’ condition, planning and cost, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 89 (April) 234-253.
- Durazo-Cardenas I, Starr A, Tsourdos A, Bevilacqua M & Morineau J (2014) Precise vehicle location as a fundamental parameter for intelligent selfaware rail-track maintenance systems, Procedia CIRP, 22 219-224.
- Bevilacqua M, Di Leo G, Landi M & Paolillo A (2013) Multi-exposure imaging for measurements in rubber production, Measurement Science and Technology, 24 (7).
- Emmanouilidis C, Pistofidis P, Fournaris A, Bevilacqua M, Durazo-Cardenas I, Botsaris PN, Katsouros V, Koulamas C & Starr AG (2016) Context-based and human-centred information fusion in diagnostics. In: 3rd IFAc Workshop on Advanced Maintenance Engineering, Services and Technology AMEST 2016, Biarritz, 19-21 October 2016.
- Bevilacqua M, Tsourdos A & Starr A (2016) Egomotion estimation for monocular camera visual odometer. In: 2016 IEEE International Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference, Taipei, 23-26 May 2016.
- Lu Y, Savvaris A, Tsourdos A & Bevilacqua M (2016) Vibration energy harvesters for wireless sensor networks for aircraft health monitoring. In: 3rd IEEE International Workshop on Metrology for Aerospace (MetroAeroSpace 2016), Florence, 22-23 June 2016.
- Bevilacqua M, Tsourdos A, Starr A & Durazo-Cardenas I (2015) Data fusion strategy for precise vehicle location for intelligent self-aware maintenance systems. In: IEEE 6th International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation (ISMS), 2015, Kuala Lumpur, 9-12 February 2015.
- Durazo-Cardenas I, Starr A, Turner C, Kirkwood L, Bevilacqua M, Baguley P & Shehab E (2015) An Intelligent Maintenance System for the Rail: Integrating Condition, Planning and Cost. In: Railway Engineering 2015, Edinburgh, 30 June 2015.
- Bevilacqua M, Di Leo G, Landi M, Liguori C, Paciello V, Paolillo A & Pietrosanto A (2013) A flexible stereo calibration for a structured-light profilometer. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), Cape Town, 25-28 February 2013.
- Bevilacqua M, Di Leo G, Landi M & Paolillo A (2012) Measurements on metal-rubber profiles with HDR and EF imaging techniques. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST), Manchester, 16-17 July 2012.
- Bevilacqua M, Landi M & Paolillo A (2012) A self-calibration procedure for a sinusoidal fringe profilometer. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST), Manchester, 16-17 July 2012.
- Bevilacqua M, Liguori C & Paolillo A (2010) Stereo calibration for a camera-projector pair. In: 2010 IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Technology Conference, Austin, 3-6 May 2010.