Marta got her degree in Differential Equations and Functional Analysis at the Department of Mathematics of the Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Rome and her PhD in Aerospace Engineering at the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow. She has accomplished a 3 years post-doc within the EU funded AstroNet-II Marie Curie research training network in astrodynamics. She worked as a validation analyst in the field of airport traffic control and management and at the NEO Coordination Centre (ESA-ESRIN) as an Operations Engineer for the asteroid orbit determination and impact monitoring services. Marta recently joined the University of Cranfield as a Lecturer in Space Engineering.
Academic interests / expertise include:
Low Energy Transfers
Asteroid Hazard mitigation
Small Bodies and Minimoons
Articles In Journals
- Valsecchi GB, Del Vigna A & Ceccaroni M (2019) The evolution of the Line of Variations at close encounters: an analytic approach, Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, 131 (10) Article No. 47.
- Micheli M, Cano JL, Faggioli L, Ceccaroni M, Koschny D, Wainscoat RJ, Chambers KC, Flewelling H, Huber ME, Magnier E & Weryk R (2019) Removal of virtual impactor solutions with precovery data: The case study of 2017 XO2, Icarus, 317 (January) 39-43.
- Perozzi E, Ceccaroni M, Valsecchi GB & Rossi A (2017) Distant retrograde orbits and the asteroid hazard, European Physical Journal Plus, 132 (8) Article No. 367.
- Sansottera M & Ceccaroni M (2016) Rigorous estimates for the relegation algorithm, Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, 127 (1) 1-18.
- Ceccaroni M, Celletti A & Pucacco G (2016) Halo orbits around the collinear points of the restricted three-body problem, Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena, 317 (March) 28-42.
- Ceccaroni M, Celletti A & Pucacco G (2016) Birth of periodic and artificial halo orbits in the restricted three-body problem, International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 81 (May) 65-74.
- Bucciarelli S, Ceccaroni M, Celletti A & Pucacco G (2015) Qualitative and analytical results of the bifurcation thresholds to halo orbits, Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata, 195 (2) 489-512.
- Ceccaroni M, Biggs J & Biasco L (2015) Analytic estimates and topological properties of the weak stability boundary, Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, 114 (1-2).
- Ceccaroni M, Biscani F & Biggs J (2014) Analytical method for perturbed frozen orbit around an asteroid in highly inhomogeneous gravitational fields: A first approach, Solar System Research, 48 (1) 33-47.
- Ceccaroni M & Biggs J (2013) Analytic perturbative theories in highly inhomogeneous gravitational fields, Icarus, 224 (1) 74-85.
- Ceccaroni M & Biggs J (2012) Low-thrust propulsion in a coplanar circular restricted four body problem, Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, 112 (2) 191-219.
- Bucciarelli S, Ceccaroni M, Celletti A & Pucacco G (2016) Bifurcations thresholds of halo orbits. In: AstroNet-II, Tossa de Mar, 15-19 June 2015.
- Tantardini M, Flamini E, Capaccioni F, Casalino L, Cremonese G, Filacchione G, Lavagna M, Mastroguiseppe M, Naletto G, Preti G, Re C, Tordi M, Mugnuolo R, Mascetti G, Ceccaroni M, Possenti A, Trucco R, Piccioni G, Pisanu T & Simioni E (2016) A possible Italian contribution in the NASA asteroid redirect robotic mission (ARRM). In: 67th International Astronautical Congress (IAC-16), 2016, Guadalajara, 26-30 September 2016.
- Ceccaroni M & Biggs J (2012) Analytical perturbative method for frozen orbits around the asteroid 433 eros. In: 63rd International Astronautical Congress (IAC-12), 2012, Naples, 1-5 October 2012.
- Ceccaroni M & Biggs J (2011) Nonlinearly stable equilibria in the Sun-Jupiter-Trojan-Spacecraft four body problem. In: IAC2011 : 62nd International Astronautical Congress, Cape Town, 3-7 October 2011.
- Ceccaroni M & Biggs J (2011) Extension of low-thrust propulsion to the autonomous coplanar circular restricted four body problem with application to future trojan asteroid missions. In: 61st International Astronautical Congress (IAC-10), 2010, Prague, 27 September - 1 October 2010.