María received her Bachelor’s and Master's degree in Industrial Engineering (Renewable Energy and Power Plants) from Polytechnic University of Valencia in 2013. She was awarded another Master’s degree in Carbon Capture and Transport from Cranfield University in 2014, where she focused on process modelling of natural gas power plants integrated with post-combustion carbon capture. She recently finished her PhD in Cranfield University, working on the development of synthetic solid adsorbents for high temperature Calcium looping cycles, as well as testing new operation modes (high oxygen oxy-combustion) for pilot plant CO2 capture.
María is part of the research team working on the BEN (Balanced Energy Networks) project, where she is investigating the suitability of different solid materials for air capture. She is also highly involved in the development of a pilot-scale prototype calciner using SOFC (Solid Oxide Fuel Cell) off-gas.
Articles In Journals
- Clough PT, Greco G, Erans M, Coppola A, Montagnaro F & Anthony E (2018) The extent of sorbent attrition and degradation of ethanol treated CaO sorbents for CO2 capture within a fluidised bed reactor, Fuel Processing Technology, 171 198-204.
- Hanak DP, Erans M, Nabavi SA, Jeremias M, Romeo LM & Manovic V (2018) Technical and economic feasibility evaluation of calcium looping with no CO2 recirculation, Chemical Engineering Journal, 335 763-773.
- Erans M, Cerciello F, Copolla A, Senneca O, Scala F, Manovic V & Anthony EJ (2017) Fragmentation of biomass-templated CaO-based pellets, Fuel, 187 (January) 388-397.
- Erans M, Jeremias M, Manovic V & Anthony EJ (2017) Operation of a 25 kWth calcium looping pilot-plant with high oxygen concentrations in the calciner, Journal of Visualized Experiments (128).
- Haider SK, Erans M, Donat F, Duan L, Scott,SA, Manovic V & Anthony EJ (2017) Copper-based oxygen carriers supported with alumina/lime for the chemical looping conversion of gaseous fuels, Journal of Energy Chemistry, 26 (5) 891-901.
- Duan L, Yu Z, Erans M, Li Y, Manovic V & Anthony EJ (2016) Attrition study of cement-supported biomass-activated calcium sorbents for CO2 capture, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 55 (35) 9476-9484.
- Erans M, Manovic V & Anthony EJ (2016) Calcium looping sorbents for CO2 capture, Applied Energy, 180 (October) 722-742.
- Duan L, Su C, Erans M, Li Y, Anthony EJ & Chen H (2016) CO2 capture performance using biomass-templated cement-supported limestone pellets, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 55 (39) 10294-10300.
- Erans M, Beisheim T, Manovic V, Jeremias M, Patchigolla K, Dieter H, Duan L & Anthony EJ (2016) Effect of SO2 and steam on CO2 capture performance of biomass-templated calcium aluminate pellets, Faraday Discussions, 192 97-111.
- Erans M, Hanak DP, Mir J, Anthony EJ & Manovic V (2015) Process modelling and techno-economic analysis of natural gas combined cycle integrated with calcium looping, Thermal Science, 20 (Supplement 1) 59-67.