Areas of expertise
- Aircraft Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Gas Turbines & Propulsion
Mani Santhanakrishnan received a B.Tech. degree in Aeronautical Engineering followed by a M.Eng. degree in Aerospace Engineering from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 2006. Subsequently he worked on the aerodynamic design of defense aircrafts at DRDL, India. Later, he worked on the aero-thermal design and analysis of steam turbines and wind turbines at General Electric India. In GE, he is awarded with two patents and a green-belt certificate on six-sigma design methodology. He also worked as a Lead engineer at Airbus India Operations, where he is involved with the airplane characteristics data generation and its mathematical modelling. In 2018, he completed his Ph.D. in the University of Greenwich on topology optimization applied to the design of heat sinks and heat exchangers. Subsequently, he joined the Cranfield University as a Research Fellow on Aircraft-engine integration and aero-performance. His research focus is on applied computational fluid dynamics, aerodynamic design, turbomachinery flows and optimization techniques. He is a chartered engineer, and a Member of Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Aero-engine installation design
Engine Airframe integration
Articles In Journals
- Santhanakrishnan MS, Tilford T & Bailey C (2022) Multi-objective NSGA-II based shape optimisation of the cross-sectional shape of passively cooled heat sinks, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 32 (3) 1025-1045.
- Santhanakrishnan MS, Tilford T & Bailey C (2019) Multi-material heatsink design using level-set topology optimization, IEEE Transactions on Components Packaging and Manufacturing Technology Part A, 9 (8) 1504-1513.
- Santhanakrishnan M, Tilford T & Bailey C (2018) Performance assessment of density and level-set topology optimisation methods for three dimensional heat sink design, Journal of Algorithms and Computational Technology, 12 (3) 273-287.
- Santhanakrishnan M, Tilford T & Bailey C (2018) Multi-material level set based topology optimisation of convectively cooled heat sinks. In: 6th European Conference on Computational Mechanics (ECCM 6) and 7th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics (ECFD 7), Glasgow, 11-15 June 2018.
- Santhanakrishnan M, Tilford T & Bailey C (2017) Level-set based topology optimisation of convectively cooled heatsinks. In: COMSOL 2017, Rotterdam, 18-20 October 2017.
- Mistry H, Santhanakrishnan M, Liu J, Stein A, Dey S & Slepski J (2012) Aerodynamic performance assessment of part-span connector of last stage bucket of low pressure steam turbine. In: ASME 2011 Power Conference POWER 2011, Denver, 12-14 July 2011.
- Theerthamalai P, Manisekaran S & Nagarathinam M (2005) A prediction method for aerodynamic characterization of grid-fin configurations at supersonic speeds. In: 23rd AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Conference, Toronto, 6-9 June 2005.