Contact Dr Lin Wang
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Energy and the Environment
- Renewable Energy
- Structures and Materials
Dr Wang received his BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Automation and MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering from Xiangtan University (China) in 2009 and 2011, respectively, and completed his PhD in Wind Energy Engineering from the University of Central Lancashire in the UK in 2014.
Dr Wang joined Cranfield University in 2015 as a Research Fellow in Structural Mechanics, and he has been involved in several projects related to development of renewable energy technologies such as:
- 30kW Aerogenerator project funded by APL and DECC
- Operational Strategy Update for Marine Energy Converters based on dynamic reliability assessment through integration of structural health monitoring (OSUMEC) project funded by EPSRC
- Innovation of small Wind turbine Technologies (IsWindTech) project funded by ERDF
- Development of a 10kW direct-driven wind turbine project funded by XEMC
- Renewable energy technology
- Wind energy engineering and wind turbine technology
- Aeroelasticity of wind turbine blades
- Structural design optimisation of wind turbine blades
- Aerodynamic design optimisation of wind turbine blades
- CFD/FEA/FSI modelling of wind turbine blades
- Multibody dynamic simulation of wave power energy converters
- Design optimisation of offshore jacket structures.
- ERDF (European Regional Development Fund)
- EPSRC (Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council)
- APL (Aerogenerator Project Limited)
- DECC (Department of Energy & Climate Change)
- XEMC (Xiangtan Electric Manufacturing Corporation)
Articles In Journals
- Gentils T, Wang L & Kolios A (2017) Integrated structural optimisation of offshore wind turbine support structures based on finite element analysis and genetic algorithm, Applied Energy, 199 (August) 187-204.
- Martinez-Luengo M, Kolios A & Wang L (2017) Parametric FEA modelling of offshore wind turbine support structures: towards scaling-up and CAPEX reduction, International Journal of Marine Energy', 19 (September) 16-31.
- Ioannou A, Wang L & Brennan F (2017) Design implications towards inspection reduction of large scale structures, Procedia CIRP, 60 434-439.
- Delafin PL, Nishino T, Kolios A & Wang L (2017) Comparison of low-order aerodynamic models and RANS CFD for full scale 3D vertical axis wind turbines, Renewable Energy, 109 (August) 564-575.
- Delafin PL, Nishino T, Wang L & Kolios A (2016) Effect of the number of blades and solidity on the performance of a vertical axis wind turbine, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 753 (2) Article No. 022033.
- Wang L, Quant R & Kolios A (2016) Fluid structure interaction modelling of horizontal-axis wind turbine blades based on CFD and FEA, Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 158 (November 2016) 11-25.
- Wang L, Liu X & Kolios A (2016) State of the art in the aeroelasticity of wind turbine blades: Aeroelastic modelling, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 64 (October) 195-210.
- Wang L, Kolios A, Nishino T, Delafin PL & Bird T (2016) Structural optimisation of vertical-axis wind turbine composite blades based on finite element analysis and genetic algorithm, Composite Structures, 153 (October) 123-138.
- Wang L, Liu X, Renevier N, Stables M & Hall GM (2014) Nonlinear aeroelastic modelling for wind turbine blades based on blade element momentum theory and geometrically exact beam theory, Energy, 76 (November) 487-501.
- Wang L, Liu X, Guo L, Renevier N & Stables M (2014) A mathematical model for calculating cross-sectional properties of modern wind turbine composite blades, Renewable Energy, 64 52-60.
- Liu X, Wang L & Tang X (2013) Optimized linearization of chord and twist angle profiles for fixed-pitch fixed-speed wind turbine blades, Renewable Energy, 57 111-119.
- Zhao J, Liu XW, Wang L & Tang XZ (2012) Design attack angle analysis for fixed-pitch variable-speed wind turbine, Advanced Materials Research, 512-515 608-612.
- Wang L, Tang X & Liu X (2012) Blade design optimisation for fixed-pitch fixed-speed wind turbines, ISRN Renewable Energy, 2012.