Contact Dr Licia Dossi
- Tel: +44 (0) 1793 785397
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
Licia graduated with a MSc in Chemistry from Pisa University Italy in 1992, Department of Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry with a thesis on Chiral Smectic Side-Chain Liquid Crystalline Polymers: Synthesis and Mesomorphic Properties.
She received her PhD in 1996 in Biomaterials from Brescia University, Department of Mechanical Engineering (Italy) with a thesis on "Formulation of New Polymeric Materials for Biomedical Applications as Adjiuvants to Dialysis in the Treatment of Chronic Uremia".
Licia had a research contract with Pisa University and a brief experience in a pharmaceutical industry (Ivoclar-Vivadent, Liechtenstein) before gaining her PhD. Afterwards she accepted two post-doctoral positions in Genoa with the Italian National Research Council and then with Genoa University, before moving to UK in 1998. Licia spent three years at Bristol University as research assistant at the Department of Organic Chemistry and then had a seven years career break raising her young family. Licia joined Cranfield University in 2008 as a Research Fellow working in the Department of Engineering and Applied Science.
Licia produces a consistent number of scientific reports in restricted areas.
Licia is involved in a wide variety of research topics including:
- Chemical detection of explosives (CRIM-TRACK - FP7 European Project)
- Curable polymers (AWE)
- Design and synthesis of binders for energetic formulations (WSTC)
- Smart high performance energetic formulations (Cranfiedld)
- Synthesis and characterisation of common explosives (MoD)
- Coating of explosives and metals (DSTL)
Licia is supervising MSc and PhD students and designs, organises and delivers short courses for governmental and private clients. She is the Module Leader for the Ammunition Technical Officers MoD course and Manufacture and Properties of Materials Master course. She delivers lectures
- Nitration Theory
- Thermodynamics of energetics
- Polymers/Binders Chemistry
- Manufacture and Properties of Energetic Materials.
- European Community
- Chemring EOD
Articles In Journals
- Kister G & Dossi E (2015) Cure monitoring of CFRP composites by dynamic mechanical analyser, Polymer Testing, 47 (October 2015) 71-78.
- G. Kister & E Dossi (2015) Cure monitoring of CFRP composites by dynamic mechanical analyser, Polymer Testing, 47 71-78.
- Gallot B, Galli G, Dossi E & Chiellini E (2006) Structural characterization of the smectic polymorphism of chiral liquid crystalline polysiloxanes containing biphenyl mesogens, Liquid Crystals, 18 (3) 463-473.
- Galletto R, Attanasio F, Dossi E, Schulein M & Rialdi G (1998) Heat of protonation of endoglucanase V catalytic domain (EGV- core) from Humicola insolens, 321 (1-2) 17-21.
- Solaro R, Dossi E, Chiellini E & Mazzanti G (1997) New multifunctional polymeric materials for the treatment of chronic uremia, Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers, 12 (1) 27-46.
- Chiellini E, Dossi E, Galli G, Solaro R & Gallot B (1995) Synthesis and structural characterization of chiral smectic C and smectic A poly(vinyl ether)s, Macromolecular Chemistry and Physics, 196 (12) 3859-3875.
- Chiellini E, Galli G, Dossi E, Cioni F & Gallot B (1993) New chiral smectic polysiloxanes from mesogenic olefin or vinyl ether monomers, Macromolecules, 26 (4) 849-851.
- Chiellini E, Galli G, Cioni F & Dossi E (1993) Chiral liquid-crystalline polymers : recent issues and perspectives, Makromolekulare Chemie. Macromolecular Symposia, 69 (1) 61-64.
- Chiellini E, Galli G, Cioni F, Dossi E & Gallot B (1993) Chiral smectic liquid-crystalline polyacrylates with variously spaced and substituted biphenylene units, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 3 (10) 1065-1073.
- Molgaard LL, Buus OT, Larsen J, Babamoradi H, Thygesen IL, Laustsen M, Munk JK, Dossi E, O'Keeffe C, Lassig L, Tatlow S, Sandstrom L & Jakobsen MH (2017) Improved detection of chemical substances from colorimetric sensor data using probabilistic machine learning. In: Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Sensing XVIII, Anaheim, CA, 9-13 April 2017.
- Munk JK, Buus O, Larsen J, Dossi E, Tatlow S, Laessig L, Sandstrom L & Jakobsen MH. (2015) CRIM-TRACK: Sensor system for detection of criminal chemical substances. In: Optics and Photonics for Counterterrorism, Crime Fighting, and Defence XI; and Optical Materials and Biomaterials in Security and Defence Systems Technology XII, Toulouse, 21 September 2015.
- Dossi E, Bennetto D, Oakley MT & Alder RW (2000) Anionic Ring Opening Polymerisation of New Cyclopropanes and Oxiranes: Conformational Control by Quaternary Carbon Centres. In: World Polymer Congress, 38th Macromolecular IUPAC Symposium, Warsaw/Lodz, 9 July 2000.
- Alder RW, Dossi E & Oakley MT (1999) Anionic ring opening polymerisation of new cyclopropanes and oxiranes: conformational control by quaternary carbon atoms.
- Dossi E, Alder RW & Oakley MT New Oligomers and Polymers containing Transversely-Oriented Aromatic Groups.
- Russo, S, Mariani A, Conio G, Gattiglia E, Boulares A, Dossi E, Bisbano S & Ricco L (1997) Synthese de nouveaux materiaux polymeres. In: Journees Transalpines Polymeres, Grenobles, 6 October 1997.
- Dossi E, Demicheli A & Russo S (1997) Synthesis and characterisation of aliphatic polyamides containing alpha-amino acid linkages.
- Chiellini E, Dossi E, Mazzanti G & Solaro R New Polymeric Materials for the Treatment of Chronic Uremia. In: 3rd Kyoto-Siena Symposium, Kagoshima.
- Chiellini E, Dossi E, Mazzanti G & Solaro R (1996) New polymeric materials for the treatment of chronic uremia.
- Barsotti G, Chiellini E, Dossi E, Giannasi D, Giovanetti S, Mazzanti G & Solaro R New polymeric hydrogels for the removal of uraemic toxins.
- Chiellini E, Dossi E, Mazzanti G & Solaro R New polymeric synthetic and semisynthetic hydrogels for the removal of uraemic toxins.
- Chiellini E, Dossi E, Mazzanti G & Solaro R New Polymeric Synthetic and Semisynthetic Hydrogels for the removal of Uraemic Toxins.
- Komitov L, Lagerwall ST, Stebler B, Dossi E, Chiellini E & Galli G (1995) Electrooptic investigation of Chiral Smectic C and A Liquid Crystals Polysiloxanes.
- Chiellini E, Bemporad L, Dossi E, Fichi C, Giannasi D, Morganti F & Solaro R (1994) New Bioerodible-Biodegradable Hydrophilic Polymers for Biomedical Applications.
- Dossi E, Chiellini E, Galli G, Komitov L, Lagerwall ST & Stebler B The electroclinic properties of new chiral side-chain liquid crystal poly(siloxane)s.
- Chiellini E, Galli G, Cioni F & Dossi E Chiral liquid crystalline poly(vinyl ether)s and poly(siloxane)s: synthesis and mesomorphic behavior.
- Golding P, Contini AE, Dossi E & Bellamy AJ (2014) Recent developments in energetic polyphosphazene binders. In: New Energetics Workshop, Stockholm, 14 May 2014.
- Akhavan J & Dossi E (2013) Energetics @ Cranfield University-Defence Academy of UK. In: 2nd European Conference on Detection of Explosives, Rome, 13 March 2013.
- Dossi E, Robinson J, Munk JK, Buus OT, Lässig L & Jakobsen MH Wellington: A smart sniffer prototype for criminal substances. In: World Customs Organization Technology & Innovation Forum 2015, Rotterdam, 26 October 2015.
- Barsotti G, Chiellini E, Dossi E, Giannasi D, Giovannetti S, Mazzanti G & Solaro R (1996)
New polymeric hydrogels for the removal of uremic toxins. In: Advanced biomaterials in biomedical engineering and drug delivery systems. Ogata N, Tsuruta T (ed.), Tokyo: Springer, p. 299-300.