Contact Dr Lamprini Papadimitriou
Dr Papadimitriou specialises in climate change impact assessments in hydrological and integrated systems.
Dr Papadimitriou joined Cranfield in 2017, after completing her PhD titled "A study of the effects of high-end climate change scenarios on the global hydrological regime" at the Technical University of Crete. She holds an MSc in Hydrology and Water Resources Management (Imperial College London, UK) and an Environment Engineering Diploma (Technical University of Crete, Greece).
She has worked on the EU project HELIX (High-end climate impacts and extremes), analysing the effects of climate change on water resources at the global and regional scale. Within this, she implemented land-surface modelling tools, performed hydrological analysis of mean and extreme flows and studied drought conditions under a changing climate.
Dr Papadimitriou is currently working on climate change impacts and adaptation in integrated socio-environmental systems within the EU project IMPRESSIONS (Impacts and risks from high-end scenarios: Strategies for innovative solutions).
Other research interests include: land surface modelling, hydrological modelling and drought assessments.
Articles In Journals
- Papadimitriou L, Trnka M, Harrison P & Holman I (2019) Cross-sectoral and trans-national interactions in national-scale climate change impacts assessment—the case of the Czech Republic, Regional Environmental Change.
- Papadimitriou L, Holman IP, Dunford R & Harrison PA (2019) Trade-offs are unavoidable in multi-objective adaptation even in a post-Paris Agreement world, Science of the Total Environment, 696 (December) Article No. 134027.
- Papadimitriou L, D’Agostino D, Borg M, Hallett S, Sakrabani R, Thompson A & Knox J (2019) Developing a water strategy for sustainable irrigated agriculture in Mediterranean island communities – Insights from Malta, Outlook On Agriculture, 48 (2) 143-151.
- Koutroulis AG, Papadimitriou LV, Grillakis MG, Tsanis IK, Warren R & Betts RA (2019) Global water availability under high-end climate change: A vulnerability based assessment, Global and Planetary Change, 175 (April) 52-63.
- Momblanch A, Papadimitriou L, Jain SK, Kulkarni A, Ojha CSP, Adeloye AJ & Holman IP (2019) Untangling the water-food-energy-environment nexus for global change adaptation in a complex Himalayan water resource system, Science of the Total Environment, 655 (March) 35-47. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.7041902.v1
- Koutroulis A, Papadimitriou L, Grillakis M, Tsanis I, Wyser K & Betts R (2018) Freshwater vulnerability under high end climate change. A pan-European assessment, Science of the Total Environment, 613-614 (February) 271-286.
- Betts RA, Alfieri L, Bradshaw C, Caesar J, Feyen L, Friedlingstein P, Gohar L, Koutroulis A, Lewis K, Morfopoulos C, Papadimitriou L, Richardson KJ, Tsanis I & Wyser (2018) Changes in climate extremes, fresh water availability and vulnerability to food insecurity projected at 1.5° C and 2° C global warming with a higher-resolution global climate model, Philosophical Transactions A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 376 (2119, 20160452).
- Koutroulis A, Papadimitriou L, Grillakis M, Tsanis I, Wyser K, Caesar J & Betts R (2018) Simulating hydrological impacts under climate change: implications from methodological differences of a pan European assessment, Water (Switzerland), 10 (10) Article No. 1331.
- Papadimitriou L, Koutroulis A, Grillakis M & Tsanis I (2017) The effect of GCM biases on global runoff simulations of a land surface model, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 21 (9) 4379-4401.
- Grillakis M, Koutroulis A, Papadimitriou L, Daliakopoulos I & Tsanis I (2016) Climate-induced shifts in global soil temperature regimes, Soil Science, 181 (6) 264-272.
- Papadimitriou L, Koutroulis A, Grillakis M & Tsanis I (2016) High-end climate change impact on European runoff and low flows - Exploring the effects of forcing biases, Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 20 (5) 1785-1808.
- Koutroulis A, Grillakis M, Tsanis I & Papadimitriou L (2015) Evaluation of precipitation and temperature simulation performance of the CMIP3 and CMIP5 historical experiments, Climate Dynamics, 47 (5-6) 1881-1898.
- Manousaki E, Galanaki K, Papadimitriou L & Kalogerakis N (2013) Metal phytoremediation by the halophyte Limoniastrum monopetalum (l.) boiss: two contrasting ecotypes, International Journal of Phytoremediation, 16 (7-8) 755-769.