Contact Dr Kranthi Jonnalagadda
Areas of expertise
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Process Systems Engineering
- Renewable Energy
Dr. Jonnalagadda joined the Cranfield University as a research fellow in 2018. Prior to that he completed his PhD in Cryogenic Engineering from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. His area of study included single and multi stage pulse tube cryocoolers, Pressure Wave Generators and a novel helium recondensation system.
Dr Jonnalagadda has a Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. His masters is Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. Before starting his PhD he worked as a software developer with Wipro Technologies.
Dr Jonnalagadda is currently involved in optimising the transport of captured CO2 using ships. This includes experimental investigation of the effect of transportation conditions like temperature, pressure, ship motion and presence of impurities. He is currently working on ‘Recovering liquefaction cost of captured carbon dioxide by cold energy utilization and electric power generation’ which was funded by UK Carbon Capture and Storage Research Centre (UKCCSRC)
Dr. Jonnalagadda is also working on research project for utilizing concentrated solar power (CSP) with Multi Effect desalination (MED) to produce fresh water from saline water for the firm ‘Solar Water’
Dr. Jonnalagadda is involved in the development of a new wood burning stove prototype for deployment in rural mexico. The stove prototype design not only takes into consideration safety and efficiency but also the ethno-graphic and cultural patterns of use.
- Solar Water
- Eider Investors
- EGB Engineering
Articles In Journals
- Sansom C, Patchigolla K, Jonnalagadda K & King P (2022) Design of a novel CSP/MED desalination system, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2445 Article No. 140012.
- Al Baroudi H, Patchigolla K, Thanganadar D & Jonnalagadda K (2021) Experimental study of accidental leakage behaviour of liquid CO2 under shipping conditions, Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 153 (September) 439-451.
- Al Baroudi H, Awoyomi A, Patchigolla K, Jonnalagadda K & Anthony EJ (2021) A review of large-scale CO2 shipping and marine emissions management for carbon capture, utilisation and storage, Applied Energy, 287 (April) Article No. 116510.