Areas of expertise
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
- Engines, Powertrains & Alternative Fuels
- Instrumentation, Sensors and Measurement Science
- Mechatronics & Advanced Controls
- Off-Road Vehicle Engineering
- On-Road Vehicle Dynamics
- Vehicle Aerodynamics
Articles In Journals
- Lawson NJ, Blackburn K, Sherwood G, Brighton J & Atkinson HV (2022) Flow visualization and particle dispersion measurements inside an ambulance rear saloon while stationary and in motion, SAE International Journal of Commercial Vehicles, 15 (4) Article No. 23.
- Vandrol J, Rivas Casado M, Blackburn K, Waine TW, Leinster P & Wright R (2018) In-channel 3D models of riverine environments for hydromorphological characterization, Remote Sensing, 10 (7) Article No. 1005.
- Gendre L, Marchante Rodriguez V, Abhyankar H, Blackburn D, Temple C & Brighton J (2016) Development of CNC prototype for the characterization of the nanoparticle release during physical manipulation of nanocomposites, Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A: Toxic Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering, 51 (6) 459-501.
- Kriechbaumer T, Blackburn K, Everard N & Rivas Casado M (2016) Acoustic Doppler current profiler measurements near a weir with fish pass: assessing solutions to compass errors, spatial data referencing and spatial flow heterogeneity, Hydrology Research, 47 (3) 591-605.
- Dubey DP, Abhyankar HA, Marchante V, Brighton JL, Blackburn K, Temple C, Bergmann B, Trinh G & David C (2016) Modelling and validation of synthesis of poly lactic acid using an alternative energy source through a continuous reactive extrusion process, Polymers, 8 (4) Article No. 164.
- Dubey SP, Abhyankar HA, Marchante V, Brighton JL & Blackburn K (2016) Chronological review of the catalytic progress of polylactic acid formation through ring opening polymerization, International Research Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry, 12 (3) Article No. IRJPAC.27469 1-20.
- Misiewicz PA, Blackburn K, Richards TE, Brighton JL & Godwin RJ (2015) The evaluation and calibration of pressure mapping system for the measurement of the pressure distribution of agricultural tyres, Biosystems Engineering, 130 (February) 81-91.
- Gendre L, Marchante Rodriguez V, Abhyankar H, Blackburn K & Brighton JL (2015) Measurement of nanoparticles release during drilling of polymer nanocomposites, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 617 Article No. 012027.
- Peets S, Mouazen AM, Blackburn K, Kuang B & Wiebensohn J (2012) Methods and procedures for automatic collection and management of data acquired from on-the-go sensors with application to on-the-go soil sensors., Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 81 104-112.
- Dixon SJ, James IT, Blackburn DWK, Pettican N & Low D (2008) Influence of footwear and soil density on loading within the shoe and soil surface during running, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part P: Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology, 222 (Part P) 1-10.
- James IT, Blackburn DWK & Godwin RJ (2007) Mole drainage as an alternative to sand slitting in natural turf sports surfaces on clays, Soil Use and Management, 23 (1) 28-35.
- Leeds-Harrison PB, Youngs EG & Blackburn DWK (2000) Soil temperatures during the solar eclipse on 11 August 1999, European Journal of Soil Science, 51 (1) 183-184.
- Misiewicz PA, Richards TE, Blackburn DWK, Hann MJ & Godwin (2010) Experimental evaluation of pressures in deformable soils loaded by agricultural tyres. In: Tire Tech, Cologne, 9 February 2010.
- Hathorn GNB, Brighton JL & Blackburn K (2010) An investigation into wheel sinkage on soft sand. In: 29th Annual Meeting and Conference on Tire Science and Technology, 2010, Akron, Ohio, 20-21 September 2010.
- Misiewicz PA, Richards TE, Blackburn K, Brighton JL, Hann MJ & Godwin RJ (2008) Techniques for estimating contact pressure resulting from loaded agricultural tyres. In: American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers Annual International Meeting 2008, Providence, Rhode Island, 29 June 2008.
- Gasparin CP, Peets S, Blackburn DWK & Godwin RJ (2007) Stakeholder requirements for traceability systems. In: 6th European conference on precision agriculture (ECPA 2007), Skiathos, 3-6 June 2007.
- Gasparin CP, Peets S, Blackburn DWK & Godwin RJ (2007) Market requirements for traceability systems. In: 6th European conference on precision agriculture (ECPA 2007), Skiathos, 3-6 June 2007.
- Peets S, Gasparin CP, Blackburn DWK & Godwin RJ (2007) RFID tags for identifying and verifying agrochemicals in traceability systems. In: 6th European conference on precision agriculture (ECPA 2007), Skiathos, 3-6 June 2007.
- James IT, Dixon SJ, Blackburn DWK & Pettican N (2006) The Measurement of Applied Pressure at Depth with Two Natural Soil Surfaces at Different Densities. In: The Engineering of Sport 2006, Munich, Germany, 11 July 2006.
- Mcleod AJ, James IT, Blackburn DWK & Wood GA (2006) A novel quantitative method for the determination of wear in an installed synthetic turf system. In: The Engineering of Sport 2006, Munich, Germany, 11 July 2006.
- Godwin RJ, Brighton J, Blackburn DWK, Richards TE, Ansorge D & Wheeler PN (2006) Off-Road Dynamics Research at Cranfield University at Silsoe. In: ASABE Annual International Meeting, Portland, Oregon, USA, 9 July 2006.
- Dresser ML, Blackburn DWK, Stranks SN, Dain-Owens A & Godwin RJ (2006) Effect of tillage implements and vehicle loads on buried archaeology. In: 17th ISTRO Triennial Conference "Soil Management for Sustainability", Kiel, Germany, 28 August 2006.
- Anker S, Brighton J, Godwin RJ, Blackburn DWK & Richards TE (2006) New Off-Road Dynamics Facility at Cranfield University. In: 10th European Conference of ISTVS, Budapest, Hungary, 3 October 2006.
- Blackburn DWK, Earl R & Spoor G (2000) Machine formed plastic cloches applied to improving maize production. In: AgEng Warwick 2000 : agricultural engineering into the third millennium : international conference on agricultural engineering, Warwick, UK, 2 July 2000.
- Prins JP, Anker S, Blackburn DWK & Brighton J Off-Road Dynamics Facilities at Cranfield University. In: All-Wheel-Drive Congress, Graz, Austria.