Contact Dr Joni Pelham
Areas of expertise
- Air Transport Safety & Investigation
- Aircraft Design
- Autonomous Systems
- Throughlife Engineering Services
An aerospace systems research engineer specializing in unmanned systems. Using and creating custom software solutions to understand the flight data of aircraft, to characterize their operations, and to predict changes to their health.
- Flight Operations Quality Assurance
- Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems flight safety
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management for RPAS
- Artificial Immune Systems for flight safety
- Analysis of VHUMS for improved diagnostics and prognostics
- Analysis of maintenance data to understand the No Fault Found phenomenon
Articles In Journals
- Nowoisky S, Grzeszkowski M, Mokhtari N, Pelham JG & Guhmann C (2020) Monitoring concept study for aerospace power gearbox drivetrain, Power Transmission Engineering (August).
- Mokhtari N, Pelham JG, Nowoisky S, Bote-Garcia JL & Gühmann C (2020) Friction and wear monitoring methods for journal bearings of geared turbofans based on acoustic emission signals and machine learning, Lubricants, 8 (3) Article No. 29.
- Pelham J & Hockley C (2017) Analysis of Short form Maintenance Records for NFF Using NLP, Phrase Matching, and Bayesian Learning, Procedia CIRP, 59 257-262.
- Nowoisky S, Grzeszkowski M, Mokhtari N, Pelham JG & Guhmann C (2019) Monitoring concept study for aerospace power gear box drive train. In: VDI International Conference on Gears 2019, Munich, 18-19 September 2019.
- Pelham JG, Fan I-S, Jennions I & McFeat J (2015) Application of an AIS to the problem of through life health management of remotely piloted aircraft. In: AIAA Infotech @ Aerospace 2015, Kissimmee, 5-9 January 2015.
- Pelham JG, Fan IS, Jennions I & McFeat J (2013) Dual use IVHM for UAS health management. In: 2013 AeroTech Congress & Exhibition, Montreal, 24-26 September 2013.