Contact Dr Jonathan Mark Hallam
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758348
- Email: Jonathan.Hallam@cranfield.ac.uk
- Twitter: @hallam_jon
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathan-mark-hallam-a9121366
Areas of expertise
- Expert in Advanced Optics
- PhD in Diffractive Optics for Interferometric Gravitational Wave Detection. Undertaken as part of the LIGO collaboration at the University of Birmingham under the supervision of Professor Andreas Freise. Congratulations to my colleagues on their September 2015 first-observation of Gravitational Waves!
- Post-Doctoral work at the Space Research Centre and Department of Engineering, University of Leicester:
- Broad Band Cavity Enhanced Absorption Spectrometry (for atmospheric trace gas detection, with a focus on NO2).
- Confocal Microscopy for high-speed bio-imaging applications using solar-exploration derived capacitive micro-channel plate detector.
- Diamond dynode film analysis using surface science techniques including Stimulated Electron Emission, Scanning Electron Microscopy and Raman Spectroscopy.
- Airline Alerts project monitoring and modelling high-frequency transpolar radio communication through the ionosphere, maintaining international radio-sounding array and using high-performance cluster computing system.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) systems
- Micro-particle detection
- Micro-fluidic flow tracking
- 3D printing: www.thingiverse.com/hallam_jon
Clients, Collaborators and Funding Agencies:
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Natural Resources Canada
- Solarmetrics Ltd
- Atomic Weapons Establishment
- Photek Ltd
- Centre for Engineering Photonics