Contact Dr John Salt
- Tel: +44 (0) 1793 785889
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- Communications Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Defence Info Systems
- Defence Sensors
- Gun Technologies
- Operational Analysis and Simulation
John obtained a combined honours BA in French and Russian from Exeter University in 1982. He then undertook a MSc in Computing Science at Newcastle University in 1988 before completing his PhD in Computer Science at Brunel University in 1999.
John is a Fellow of the Operational Research Society and member of a number of other associations and institutes:
- Association for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and Simulation of Behaviour
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Member of the US Marine Corps Association
- Member of the Royal United Services Institute.
Current activitiesJohn has spent over 25 years as a simulation modelling practitioner in industry. He is currently involved in:
* A modelling project for Airbus in support of the Agile Wing programme
* Module lead for Logistics Modelling in the AMOR course
- Hunting Engineering Ltd
- The European Space Agency
- Shell International
- Saudi Aramco
- The Norwegian Defence Research Establishment
- The Amphibious Warfare Development Centre
- General Dynamics UK
Articles In Journals
- Salt & John (2013) Fast, Free and Fun: Lightweight Simulation Modelling with Python. In: 30th International Symposium on Military OR, London, 29 July 2013.
- Hill M, Salt J & Fletcher G (2011) Distributed Working Pictures. In: European Conference on Information Management and Evaluation, Lisbon, Portugal, 9 September 2010.
- Hill M & Salt J (2010) Life and Death Decisions using Sparse, Unreliable Evidence. In: 4th European Conference on Information Management and Evaluation, Lisbon, 9 September 2010.
- Wise J, Smith G, Salt J, Huey P & Atkins G (2006) Distributed Decision-Making and Control for Agile Military Radio Networks. In: DAMAS 2005 (Defence Applications of Multi-Agent Systems), Utrecht, 25 July 2005.
- Salt JD (2004) Speech acts of war. In: 2004 Winter Simulation Conference (WSC 2004), Washington, DC, 5-8 December 2004.
- Salt JD & Wise J (2004) Synthetic Epistemology: Do Brains in Jars Dream of Electric Rocks?. In: 5th EUROSIM Congress on Modelling and Simulation, Paris, 6 September 2004.
- Salt John D (1997) Braindance: Simulating patterns of behavior. In: 1997 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC 1997), Orlando, FL, 12-15 October 1997.
- Salt JD (1993) Simulation Should be Easy and Fun!. In: 1993 Winter Simulation Conference, Los Angeles, 12 December 1993.