Contact Dr Iq Mead
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758106
- Email: Iq.Mead@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
- University of Manchester: Research Associate. [10/2014 - 05/2016]. School of Earth, Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences.
- University of Malaya: Senior Research Fellow. [07/2013 - 09/2014]. Institute of Ocean and Earth Sciences.
- University of Malaya: Visiting Associate Professor. [25/07 - 11/08 - 2015]. Institute of Ocean and Earth Sciences.
- US National Institute of Aerospace: Visiting Scientist. [Periodic (campaign based) between 08/2013 - 08/2014]. NASA DISCOVER-AQ Mission.
- University of Cambridge: Senior Research Associate (from Research Associate). [10/2006 – 06/2014]. Centre for Atmospheric Science.
- Research into spatio-temporal scales of air quality and greenhouse gas pollutant distribution from high-resolution heterogeneous sensor network studies.
- Observational studies of atmospheric trace species.
- Use of UAVs and balloons for in-situ studies.
- Low-cost high-density networks of sensors for the investigation of spatial scales of pollutant transport.
- Analysis of high-density network data and integration with large scale/broad swath products (e.g. satellite/aircraft/modelling).
Articles In Journals
- Mead MI, Castruccio S, Latif MT, Nadzir MS, Dominick D, Thota A & Crippa P (2018) Impact of the 2015 wildfires on Malaysian air quality and exposure: a comparative study of observed and modeled data, Environmental Research Letters, 13 (4) Article No. 044023.
- Nadzir MS, Ashfold MJ, Khan MF, Robinson AD, Bolas C, Latif MT, Wallis BM, Mead MI, Hamid HH, Harris NR & Ramly ZT (2018) Spatial-temporal variations in surface ozone over Ushuaia and the Antarctic region: observations from in situ measurements, satellite data, and global models, Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 25 (3) 2194-2210.
- Oram DE, Ashfold MJ, Laube JC, Gooch LJ, Humphrey S, Sturges WT, Leedham-Elvidge E, Forster GL, Harris NRP, Mead MI, Abu Samah A, Phang SM, Ou-Yang CF, Lin NH, Wang JL, Baker AK, Brenninkmeijer CAM & Sherry D (2017) A growing threat to the ozone layer from short-lived anthropogenic chlorocarbons, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 17 (19) 11929-11941. Dataset/s: 10.5194/acp-17-11929-2017-supplement
- Ashfold M, Latif M, Samah A, Mead M & Harris N (2017) Influence of Northeast Monsoon cold surges on air quality in Southeast Asia, Atmospheric Environment, 166 (October) 498-509.
- Dunmore RE, Hopkins JR, Lidster RT, Mead MI, Bandy BJ, Forster G, Oram DE, Sturges WT, Phang S-M, Samah AA & Hamilton JF (2016) Development of a combined heart-cut and comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography system to extend the carbon range of volatile organic compounds analysis in a single instrument, Separations, 3 (3) Article No. 21.
- Dominick D, Latif M, Juneng L, Khan M, Amil N, Mead M, Nadzir M, Moi P, Samah A, Ashfold M, Sturges W, Harris N, Robinson A & Pyle J (2015) Characterisation of particle mass and number concentration on the east coast of the Malaysian Peninsula during the northeast monsoon, Atmospheric Environment, 117 187-199.
- Heimann I, Bright V, McLeod M, Mead M, Popoola O, Stewart G & Jones R (2015) Source attribution of air pollution by spatial scale separation using high spatial density networks of low cost air quality sensors, Atmospheric Environment, 113 10-19.
- Mohd Nadzir M, Phang S, Abas M, Abdul Rahman N, Abu Samah A, Sturges W, Oram D, Mills G, Leedham E, Pyle J, Harris N, Robinson A, Ashfold M, Mead M, Latif M, Khan M, Amiruddin A, Banan N & Hanafiah M (2014) Bromocarbons in the tropical coastal and open ocean atmosphere during the 2009 Prime Expedition Scientific Cruise (PESC-09), Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 14 (15) 8137-8148.
- Bennett M, Christie S, Graham A, Garry K, Velikov S, Poll D, Smith M, Mead M, Popoola O, Stewart G & Jones R (2013) Abatement of an aircraft exhaust plume using aerodynamic baffles, Environmental Science and Technology, 47 (5) 2346-2352.
- Mead M, Popoola O, Stewart G, Landshoff P, Calleja M, Hayes M, Baldovi J, McLeod M, Hodgson T, Dicks J, Lewis A, Cohen J, Baron R, Saffell J & Jones R (2013) The use of electrochemical sensors for monitoring urban air quality in low-cost, high-density networks, Atmospheric Environment, 70 186-203.
- Edmonds M, Sides I, Swanson D, Werner C, Martin R, Mather T, Herd R, Jones R, Mead M, Sawyer G, Roberts T, Sutton A & Elias T (2013) Magma storage, transport and degassing during the 2008-10 summit eruption at Kilauea Volcano, Hawai'i, Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta, 123 284-301.
- Newman S, Larar A, Smith W, Ptashnik I, Jones R, Mead M, Revercomb H, Tobin D, Taylor J & Taylor J (2012) The Joint Airborne IASI Validation Experiment: An evaluation of instrument and algorithms, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, 113 (11) 1372-1390.
- Grieco G, Masiello G, Serio C, Jones R & Mead M (2011) Infrared Atmospheric Sounding Interferometer correlation interferometry for the retrieval of atmospheric gases: The case of H2O and CO 2, Applied Optics, 50 (22) 4516-4528.
- Reeves C, Formenti P, Afif C, Ancellet G, Attié J, Bechara J, Borbon A, Cairo F, Coe H, Crumeyrolle S, Fierli F, Flamant C, Gomes L, Hamburger T, Jambert C, Law K, Mari C, Jones R, Matsuki A, Mead M, Methven J, Mills G, Minikin A, Murphy J, Nielsen J, Oram D, Parker D, Richter A, Schlager H, Schwarzenboeck A & Thouret V (2010) Chemical and aerosol characterisation of the troposphere over West Africa during the monsoon period as part of AMMA, Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics, 10 (16) 7575-7601.
- Gardiner T, Mead M, Garcelon S, Robinson R, Swann N, Hansford G, Woods P & Jones R (2010) A lightweight near-infrared spectrometer for the detection of trace atmospheric species, Review of Scientific Instruments, 81 (8).
- Cohen J, North R, Wilkins S, Darlington J, Guo Y, Hoose N, Ma Y, Polak J, Suresh V, Watson P, Bell M, Blythe P, Neasham J, Calleja M, Hayes M, Beresford A, Jones R & Mead I (2009) Creating the message infrastructure, Traffic Engineering and Control, 50 (11) 480-483.
- North R, Cohen J, Wilkins S, Richards M, Hoose N, Polak J, Bell M, Blythe P, Sharif B, Neasham J, Suresh V, Galatioto F, Hill G, Mead I, Jones R, Beresford A, Chen H, Ropkins K, Goodman P, Oates C, Tate J & Ballijepalli N (2009) Field deployments of the environmental monitoring, Traffic Engineering and Control, 50 (11) 484-488.
- Khan M, Mead M, White I, Golledge B, Nickless G, Knights A, Martin D, Rivett A, Greally B & Shallcross D (2009) Year-long measurements of C1-C3 halocarbons at an urban site and their relationship with meteorological parameters, Atmospheric Science Letters, 10 (2) 75-86.
- Khan M, Mead M, Nickless G, Martin D & Shallcross D (2009) Sorbent tube sampling and an Automated Thermal Desorption system for halocarbon analysis, TAO: Terrestrial, Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, 20 (2) 345-353.
- Mead M, Khan M, Bull I, White I, Nickless G & Shallcross D (2008) Stable carbon isotope analysis of selected halocarbons at parts per trillion concentration in an urban location, Environmental Chemistry (Australia), 5 (5) 340-346.
- Mead M, Khan M, White I, Nickless G & Shallcross D (2008) Methyl halide emission estimates from domestic biomass burning in Africa, Atmospheric Environment, 42 (21) 5241-5250.
- Mead M, Khan M, Nickless G, Greally B, Tainton D, Pitman T & Shallcross D (2008) Leaf cutter ants: A possible missing source of biogenic halocarbons, Environmental Chemistry (Australia), 5 (1) 5-10.
- Mead M, White I, Nickless G, Wang K & Shallcross D (2008) An estimation of the global emission of methyl bromide from rapeseed (Brassica napus) from 1961 to 2003, Atmospheric Environment, 42 (2) 337-345.