Contact Dr Hyo-sang Shin
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758577
- Email: email@example.com
Areas of expertise
- Aeronautical Systems
- Aircraft Design
- Autonomous Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Flight Physics
- Instrumentation & Sensors
- Space Systems
- Systems Engineering
- Throughlife Engineering Services
- Vehicle Health Management
- Weapons Engineering
BackgroundDr. Hyo-Sang Shin, received an MSc on flight dynamics, guidance and control in Aerospace Engineering from KAIST and gained a PhD on cooperative missile guidance from Cranfield University. He is a Lecturer on Guidance, Control and Navigation Systems in Autonomous and Intelligent Systems Group at Cranfield University since 2010. He participated in the 3rd Korea Robot Aircraft Competition with Team Highest winning the Silver (2004) and Most Popular Team award (2004).
Current activitiesDr Hyo-Sang Shin is extensively involved in teaching and research. He has published book chapter and journal and conference papers. He has been invited to lecture at other universities, research institutes and to industry. His current research interests include cooperative guidance and control for multiple vehicles, coordinated heath monitoring and management, and information-driven sensing.
- Selex ES
- Lockheed Martin
- BAE systems
- Intergraph and Lecia Geo Systems
Articles In Journals
- Shin HS, Antoniadis AF & Tsourdos A (2018) Parametric study on formation flying effectiveness for a blended-wing UAV, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Early online.
- Lee CH, Shin HS, Tsourdos A & Skaf Z (2018) New application of data analysis using aircraft fault record data, Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, In press.
- He S, Shin HS & Tsourdos A (2018) Joint probabilistic data association filter with unknown detection probability and clutter rate, Sensors, 18 (1) 269-283.
- He S, Shin HS & Tsourdos A (2018) Track-oriented multiple hypothesis tracking based on Tabu search and Gibbs sampling, IEEE Sensors Journal, 18 (1) 328-339.
- Lee C-H, Shin H-S, Lee J-I & Tahk M-J (2018) Zero-effort-miss shaping guidance laws, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 54 (2) 693-705.
- Cho N, Shin H, Kim Y & Tsourdos A (2018) Composite model reference adaptive control with parameter convergence under finite excitation, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 63 (3) 811-818.
- Lee CH, Shin HS, Tsourdos A & Lee JI (2017) A new command shaping guidance law using Lagrange multiplier, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50 (1) 15185-15190.
- Yogaswara YH, Hong S-M, Tahk M-J & Shin H-S (2017) Impact angle control guidance synthesis for evasive maneuver against intercept missile, International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 18 (4) 719-728.
- Lee H-I, Yoo D-W, Lee B-Y, Moon G-H, Lee D-Y, Tahk M-J & Shin H-S (2017) Parameter-robust linear quadratic Gaussian technique for multi-agent slung load transportation, Aerospace Science and Technology, 71 (December) 119-127.
- Cho N, Kim Y & Shin H (2017) Generalization of linearly parametrized trajectory shaping guidance laws, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50 (1) 8285-8290.
- Jang I, Jeong J, Shin H-S, Kim S, Tsourdos A & Suk J (2017) Cooperative control for a flight array of UAVs and an application in radar jamming, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50 (1) 8011-8018.
- Shaoming H, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2017) Constrained multiple model bayesian filtering for target tracking in cluttered environment, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 50 (1) 425-430.
- Shin H-S, Garcia AJ & Alvarez S (2017) Information-driven persistent sensing of a non-cooperative mobile target using UAVs, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, In press.
- Tang B, Zhua Z, Shin H-S, Tsourdos A & Luo J (2017) A framework for multi-objective optimisation based on a new self-adaptive particle swarm optimisation algorithm, Information Sciences, 420 (December 2017) 364-385.
- Ra WS, Whang IH, Shin HS & Tsourdos A (2017) Efficient aimpoint tracking using target range profiles of a wideband FMCW seeker, International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, 15 (4) 1969-1974.
- Shin H, Li K & Tsourdos A (2017) A new three-dimensional sliding mode guidance law variation with finite time convergence, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 53 (5) 2221-2232.
- Leboucher C, Shin H-S, Siarry P, Le Ménec S, Chelouah R & Tsourdos A (2016) Convergence proof of an enhanced particle swarm optimisation method integrated with evolutionary game theory, Information Sciences, 346-347 389-411.
- Shin Hyo-Sang, Lee Jin-Ik & Tahk Min-Jae (2015) A new homing guidance law to reduce sensitivity on initial heading errors, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 229 (9) 1740-1753.
- Oh S, Kim S, Shin, H-S & Tsourdos A (2015) Coordinated standoff tracking of moving target groups using multiple UAVs, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 51 (2) 1501-1514.
- Oh H, Kim S, Shin H-S, Tsourdos A & White BA (2014) Behaviour recognition of ground vehicle using airborne monitoring of unmanned aerial vehicles, International Journal of Systems Science, 45 (12) 2499-2514.
- Le Ménec S, Shin H-S, Markham K, Tsourdos A & Piet-Lahanier H (2014) Cooperative allocation and guidance for air defence application, Control Engineering Practice, 32 236-244.
- Segui-Gasco P, Al-Rihani Y, Shin HS & Savvaris A (2013) A Novel Actuation Concept for a Multi Rotor UAV, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 74 (1-2) 173-191.
- oh h, Shin H, Kim S, Tsourdos A, Kim S & White B (2013) Airborne behaviour monitoring using Gaussian processes with map information, IET Radar Sonar and Navigation, 7 (4) 393-400.
- Oh H, Kim S, Shin HS, White BA, Tsourdos A & Rabbath CA (2013) Rendezvous and standoff target tracking guidance using differential geometry, Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 69 (1-4) 389-405.
- Ryoo CK, Shin HS & Tahk MJ (2010) Energy optimal waypoint guidance synthesis for anti-ship missiles, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 46 (1) 80-95.
- Shin H-S, Tahk M-J, Tsourdos A & White BA (2010) Earliest intercept geometry guidance to improve mid-course guidance in area air-defence, International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 11 (2) 118-125.
- Shin H-S, Kim T-H, Tahk M-J & Hwang T-W (2009) Nonlinear formation guidance law with robust disturbance observer, International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 10 (1) 30-36.
- Hyo-Sang Shin, J. I. Lee & M. J. Tahk (2006) Guidance synthesis to control impact angle and time, International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 7 (1) 129-136.
- Min BM, Shin H-S, Tahk MJ, Kim BM & Kim BS (2006) Auto-landing guidance system design for smart UAV, International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 7 (1) 118-128.
- Ryoo CK, Shin H-S & Tahk M (2005) Optimal Waypoint Guidance for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems, 11 (3) 240-245.
- Zarudzki M, Shin HS & Lee CH (2017) An image based visual servoing approach for multi-target tracking using an quad-tilt rotor UAV. In: The 2017 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), Miami, 13-16 June 2017.
- Shin HS, Antoniadis AF & Tsourdos A (2017) Parametric study on efficient formation flying for a blended-wing UAV. In: The 2017 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), Miami, 13-16 June 2017.
- Lee C, Shin H, Tsourdos A & Skaf Z (2017) Data analytics development of FDR (Flight Data Recorder) data for airline maintenance operations. In: 2017 IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI 2017), Daegu, Korea, 16-18 November 2017.
- Shin HS, Jang I & Tsourdos A (2017) Frequency channel assignment for networked UAVs using a hedonic game. In: 2017 International Workshop on Research, Education and Development on Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS 2017), Linköping, 3-5 October 2017.
- Jang I, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2017) Game-theoretical approach to heterogeneous multi-robot task assignment problem with minimum workload requirements. In: 2017 International Workshop on Research, Education and Development on Unmanned Aerial Systems (RED-UAS 2017), Linköping, 3-5 October 2017.
- Lee CH, Jun BE, Shin HS & Tsourdos A (2017) Nonlinear acceleration controller for exo-atmospheric and endo-atmospheric interceptors with TVC. In: 2017 25th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED), Valletta, 3-6 July 2017.
- Matassini T, Shin HS, Tsourdos A & Innocenti M (2016) Adaptive control with neural networks-based disturbance observer for a spherical UAV. In: 20th IFAC Symposium on Automatic Control in Aerospace, ACA 2016, Sherbrooke, Quebec, 21-25 August 2016.
- German S, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2016) Immune-system inspired approach for decentralized multi-agent control. In: 24th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, Athens, 21-24 June 2016.
- Shin HS, Conekt EC, Tsourdos A & Lappas V (2016) Integrated reconfigurable control and guidance based on evaluation of degraded performance. In: 2016 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), Arlington, 7-10 June 2016.
- Oh H, Shin H-S, Kim S, Ladosz P & Chen WH (2016) Communication-aware convoy following guidance for UAVs in a complex urban environment. In: 24th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, Athens, 21-24 June 2016.
- Oh H, Liu C, Kim S, Shin H & Chen W (2015) Coordinated standoff tracking of in- and out-of-surveillance targets using constrained particle filter for UAVs. In: 2015 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Seoul, 28 June - 1 July 2015.
- Hernandez-Hernandez L, Tsourdos A, Shin H-S & Waldock A (2014) Multi-Objective UAV routing. In: The 2014 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), Orlando, Florida, 27-30 May 2014.
- Leboucher C, Shin H-S, Le Ménec S, Tsourdos A, Kotenkoff A, Siarry P & Chelouah R (2014) Novel evolutionary game based multi-objective optimisation for dynamic weapon target assignment. In: 19th world congress of the International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC 2014), Cape Town, 24 August 2014.
- Oh H, Kim S, Shin H-S, Tsourdos A & White B (2013) Coordinated standoff tracking of groups of moving targets using multiple UAVs. In: 21st Mediterranean conference on control and automation (MED 2013), Platanias-Chania, Crete, 25-28 June 2013.
- Gómez SIF, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2013) Fusion using target motion analysis and geographic data for maritime applications. In: 2nd IFAC Workshop on Research, Education and Development of Unmanned Aerial Systems, Compiegne, 20-22 November 2013.
- Al-Rihani Y, Segui Gasco P, Shin HS, Savvaris A & Salama F (2013) Modelling and simulation of a novel dual axes tilt quadrotor UAV. In: AIAA Modeling and Simulation Technologies (MST) Conference, Guidance, Navigation, and Control and Co-located Conferences, Boston, MA, 19-22 August 2013.
- Sequeira J, Tsourdos A & Shin H-S (2012) S-estimators in mapping applications.
- Shin H-S, Leboucher C & Tsourdos A (2012) Resource allocation with cooperative path planning for multiple UAVs.
- Oh H, Shin H-S, Tsourdos A, White BA & Kim S (2012) Fuzzy expert rule-based airborne monitoring of ground vehicle behaviour.
- Le Ménec S, Shin H-S, Tsourdos A, White B, Zbikowski R & Markham K (2009) Cooperative missile guidance strategies for maritime area air defence.
- Shin H-S, Tsourdos A, White BA, Shanmugavel M & Tahk M-J (2008) UAV Conflict Detection and Resolution for static and dynamic obstacles. In: AIAA Guidance Navigation and Control Conference and Exhibition, 2008, Honolulu, Hawaii, 18 August 2008.
- Leboucher C, Siarry P, Máenec SL, Shin H-S, Chelouah R & Tsourdos A (2014) An Enhanced Particle Swarm Optimisation Algorithm Combined with Neural Networks to Decrease Computational Time. In: Swarm Intelligence Based Optimization, Springer International Publishing, p. 139-156.
- Lo CH, Shin HS, Tsourdos A & Kim SH (2013) Improving the Performance of an Actuator Control Scheme during Saturation. In: Advances in Aerospace Guidance, Navigation and Control. Chu Q, Mulder B, Choukroun D, van Kampen E-J, de Visser C, Looye G (ed.), Berlin: Springer, p. 15-27.
- Leboucher C, Shin HS, Siarry P, Chelouah R, Le Ménec S & Tsourdos A (2013) A Two-Step Optimisation Method for Dynamic Weapon Target Assignment Problem. In: Recent Advances on Meta-Heuristics and Their Application to Real Scenarios. Javier Del Ser (ed.), Rijeka, Croatia: INTECH, p. 109-129.
- Shin HS, Tsourdos A & White BA (2012) UAS Conflict Detection and Resolution Using Differential Geometry Concepts. In: Sense and Avoid in UAS: Research and Applications. Angelov P (ed.), Hoboken, N.J: Wiley, p. 175-204.
- Oh H, Shin HS, Tsourdos A., White BA & Silson P (2011) Coordinated Road Network Search for Multiple UAVs Using Dubins Path. In: Advances in Aerospace Guidance, Navigation and Control. Holzapfel F, Theil S (ed.), Berlin: Springer, p. 55-65.