Contact Dr Huamin Jia
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x5115
- Email: H.Jia@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
- Aeronautical Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
- Systems Engineering
BackgroundDr Huamin Jia is a lecturer of Avionics Systems at Cranfield University. He received his MSc (Eng.) in Computer Software Engineering from University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China in 1988, and his PhD in Avionics Systems from College of Aeronautics, Cranfield University, UK in 2004.
Dr Jia's research interests are concerned with data fusion methodologies for guidance, navigation, control and synthetic vision, integrated navigation systems; performance-based navigation and 4D trajectory optimisation; air traffic flow optimisation; distributed sensor network systems and data fusion algorithms; system failure diagnosis and prognosis; and avionics system safety assessment.
Dr Jia is teaching advanced navigation systems, fault-tolerant avionics systems design, and avionics software engineering, and provides supervision for PhD and masters research projects.
Current Research interests include:
- Performance-based navigation and 4D trajectory optimisation;
- Distributed sensor network systems and data fusion algorithms;
- System failure diagnosis and prognosis;
- Air traffic flow optimisation;
- Data fusion methodologies for guidance, navigation, control and synthetic vision, integrated navigation systems.
- BAE Systems
- UK MOD
Articles In Journals
- Gibbs G, Jia H & Madani I (2017) Obstacle detection with ultrasonic sensors and signal analysis metrics, Transportation Research Procedia, 28 173-182.
- Liu C & Jia H (2015) Dynamic Multiobjective Evolutionary Algorithm With Two Stages Evolution Operation, Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, 21 (4) 575-588.
- Allerton David J & Jia Huamin (2008) Distributed data fusion algorithms for inertial network systems, IET Radar Sonar and Navigation, 2 (1) 51-62.
- Allerton David J & Jia Huamin (2007) Redundant Multi-Mode Filter for a Navigation System, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 43 (1) 371-391.
- Gu W, Navaratne R, Quaglia D, Yu Y, Madani I, Sethi V, Jia H, Chircop K, Sabatini R & Zammit-Mangion D (2012) Towards the development of a multi-disciplinary flight trajectory optimization tool: GATAC. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2012: Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition (GT2012), Copenhagen, 11-15 June 2012.
- Ubadike OC, Jia H & Brook PC (2009) Investigation of image fusion methods for helicopter day, night and all weather operation. In: 2009 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Xi'an, 3-5 June 2009.