Contact Dr Huamin Jia
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x5115
- Email: H.Jia@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
- Aeronautical Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
- Systems Engineering
BackgroundDr Huamin Jia is a lecturer of Avionics Systems at Cranfield University. He received his MSc (Eng.) in Computer Software Engineering from University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China in 1988, and his PhD in Avionics Systems from College of Aeronautics, Cranfield University, UK in 2004.
Dr Jia's research interests are concerned with data fusion methodologies for guidance, navigation, control and synthetic vision, integrated navigation systems; performance-based navigation and 4D trajectory optimisation; air traffic flow optimisation; distributed sensor network systems and data fusion algorithms; system failure diagnosis and prognosis; and avionics system safety assessment.
Dr Jia is teaching advanced navigation systems, fault-tolerant avionics systems design, and avionics software engineering, and provides supervision for PhD and masters research projects.
Current Research interests include:
- Performance-based navigation and 4D trajectory optimisation;
- Distributed sensor network systems and data fusion algorithms;
- System failure diagnosis and prognosis;
- Air traffic flow optimisation;
- Data fusion methodologies for guidance, navigation, control and synthetic vision, integrated navigation systems.
- BAE Systems
- UK MOD
Articles In Journals
- Liu C-A, Lei Q & Jia H (2022) Maximum entropy bi-objective model and its evolutionary algorithm for portfolio optimization, Asia-Pacific Journal of Operational Research, Available online 11 April 2022.
- Liu C & Jia H (2019) Multiobjective imperialist competitive algorithm for solving nonlinear constrained optimization problems, Journal of Systems Science and Information, 7 (6) 532-549.
- Gibbs G, Jia H & Madani I (2017) Obstacle detection with ultrasonic sensors and signal analysis metrics, Transportation Research Procedia, 28 173-182.
- Liu C & Jia H (2015) Dynamic Multiobjective Evolutionary Algorithm With Two Stages Evolution Operation, Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, 21 (4) 575-588.
- Allerton David J & Jia Huamin (2008) Distributed data fusion algorithms for inertial network systems, IET Radar Sonar and Navigation, 2 (1) 51-62.
- Allerton David J & Jia Huamin (2007) Redundant Multi-Mode Filter for a Navigation System, IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, 43 (1) 371-391.
- Ibanez Segura D, Rovira Garcia A, Sanz J, Juan JM, Gonzalez Casado G, Alonso MT, Lopez Salcedo JA, Jia H, Pancorbo Garcia FJ, Garcia Daroca C, Martin Calle I, Abadia Heredia SR & Lopez Martinez M (2019) A kinematic campaign to evaluate EGNOS 1046 maritime service. In: 32nd International Technical Meeting of the Satellite Division of The Institute of Navigation (ION GNSS+ 2019), Miami, 16-20 September 2019.
- Jiménez A, Andrade J, Ogbu IV, Dontas I, Capitán C, Oliveres E, Jia H & Kostaridis A (2019) Galileo and EGNOS as an asset for UTM safety and security. In: 25th Ka and Broadband Communications Conference (KA), Sorrento, 30 September - 2 October 2019.
- Sabatini R, Richardson MA, Jia H & Zammit-Mangion D (2012) Airborne laser systems for atmospheric sounding in the Near Infrared. In: Laser Sources and Applications, Brussels, 16-19 April 2012.
- Sabatini R, Richardson MA, Cantiello M, Toscano M, Fiorini P, Jia H & Zammit-Mangion D (2012) Night Vision Imaging Systems design, integration and verification in military fighter aircraft. In: Optical Sensing and Detection II, Brussels, 16-19 April 2012.
- Gu W, Navaratne R, Quaglia D, Yu Y, Madani I, Sethi V, Jia H, Chircop K, Sabatini R & Zammit-Mangion D (2012) Towards the development of a multi-disciplinary flight trajectory optimization tool: GATAC. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2012: Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition (GT2012), Copenhagen, 11-15 June 2012.
- Ubadike OC, Jia H & Brook PC (2009) Investigation of image fusion methods for helicopter day, night and all weather operation. In: 2009 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Xi'an, 3-5 June 2009.