Contact Dr Hongmei He
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758206
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: https://iotsecurityfoundation.org/is-your-enterprise-security-insured/
Areas of expertise
- Autonomous Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Defence manufacturing
- Industrial Automation
- Sensor Technologies
Dr Hongmei (Mary) He is a Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Cyber Security for Manufacturing at Cranfield University. She is a computer scientist with expertise in artificial intelligence, data mining and robotics. Dr He obtained an MSc in Multi-media and Internet Computing and a PhD in Computer Science from Loughborough University in 2003 and 2006 respectively, as well as a BEng in Electronics & Computer Engineering from Anhui Polytechnic University, China in 1997.
Dr He has worked in the field of computer engineering/science for more than 30 years and has taken part in a variety of research/industry projects. Before coming to the UK, Dr He was a senior software engineer at Motorola Design House in China. Her expertise in AI has been applied to areas such as cognitive robotics, data fusion/mining, wireless sensor networks, Internet of Things (IoT) intelligence, cyber security, and cloud computing. She has published more than 60 papers in peer-reviewed journals and for international conferences.
Dr He has been an Editorial Board
member of Advances in Computing since 2011. She is a Working Group Member
of the UK IoT Security Foundation (IoTSF), a Senior Member of IEEE
(Computational Intelligence, RAS, Cyber Security and Women in Engineering
societies). She actively serves the IEEE UK & Ireland RAS Chapter as the
chapter secretary, and continuously organised the annual IEEE UK & Ireland RAS Conference as a program chair. She also served as a PC member or session chair at
various international conferences in the computational intelligence/AI areas and cyber security.
Dr He’s current research interests include:
(Sensor) Data Fusion
Internet of Things (IoT)
Welcome excellent candidates who are interested in AI, Robotics or Cyber Security to contact Dr Hongmei He for a PhD research program.
Articles In Journals
- Zhu Z, Xu G, He H, Jiang J & Wang T (2019) Recognition of speed signs in uncertain and dynamic environments, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1187 (4) Article No. 042066.
- Ani U, He H & Tiwari A (2019) Human factor security: evaluating the cybersecurity capacity of the industrial workforce, Journal of Systems and Information Technology , 21 (1) 2-35.
- Jadhav S, Hongmei H & Jenkins K (2018) Information gain directed genetic algorithm wrapper feature selection for credit rating, Applied Soft Computing, 69 (August) 541-553.
- Hallawi H, Mehnen J & He H (2018) A comparison of resource allocation process in grid and cloud technologies, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1032 Article No. 012048.
- Ani UPD, He H & Tiwari A (2018) A framework for operational security metrics development for industrial control environment, Journal of Cyber Security Technology, 2 (3-4) 201-237.
- Hallawi H, Mehnen J & He H (2017) Multi-capacity combinatorial ordering GA in application to cloud resources allocation and efficient virtual machines consolidation, Future Generation Computer Systems, 69 1-10.
- Jadhav S, He H & Jenkins K (2016) An academic review: applications of data mining techniques in finance industry, International Journal of Soft Computing and Artificial Intelligence, 4 (1) 79-95.
- He H, Salagean A, Makinen E & Vrt’o I (2015) Various heuristic algorithms for the two-page drawing problem of graphs, Open Computer Science, 5 (1) 22-40.
- He H, Zhu Z & Makinen E (2014) Task-oriented distributed data fusion in autonomous wireless sensor networks, Soft Computing, 19 (8) 2305-2319.
- He H, McGinnity M, Coleman S & Gardiner B (2014) Linguistic Decision Making for Robot Route Learning, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 25 (1) 203-215.
- He H & Qin Z (2013) Bisociation networks analysis for business process, International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 4 (5) 419-426.
- Gardiner B, Coleman SA, McGinnity TM & He H (2012) Robot control code generation by task demonstration in a dynamic environment, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 60 (12) 1508-1519.
- Zhu Z, Oyadiji SO & He H (2012) Energy Awareness Workflow Model for Wireless Sensor Nodes, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 14 (17) 1583-1600.
- He H, Salagean A & Mäkinen E (2010) One- and two-page crossing numbers for some types of graphs, International Journal of Computer Mathematics, 87 (8) 1667-1679.
- He H, Zhu Z & Mäkinen E (2009) A neural network model to minimise the connected dominating set for self-configuration of wireless sensor networks, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 20 (6) 973-982.
- He H & Lawry J (2009) Optimal cascade linguistic attribute hierarchies for information propagation, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, 36 (2) 129-136.
- Lawry J & He H (2008) Multi-attribute decision making based on label semantics, International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, 16 (SUPPL.2) 69-86.
- He H, Sýkora O & Mäkinen E (2007) Genetic algorithms for the 2-page drawing problem of graphs, Journal of Heuristics, 13 (1) 77-93.
- He H, Sýkora O, Sălăgean A & Mäkinen E (2007) Parallelization of genetic algorithm for the 2-page crossing number problem, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 67 (2) 229-241.
- He H, Sýkora O & Mäkinen E (2006) An improved neural network model for the 2 -page crossing number problem, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 17 (6) 1642-1646.
- He H & Sýkora O (2006) A Hopfield neural network model for the outerplanar crossing number problem, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, 32 (3) 483-488.
- He H, Sýkora O & Vrt'o I (2005) Heuristic crossing minimisation algorithms for the 2-page drawings (extended abstract), Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics, 22 527-534.
- He H, Watson T, Maple C, Mehnen J & Ashutosh T (2017) A new semantic attribute deep learning with a linguistic attribute hierarchy for spam detection. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 2017 (IJCNN 2017), Anchorage, AK, 14-19 May 2017.
- He H, Tiwari A, Mehnen J, Watson T, Maple C, Jin Y & Gabrys B (2016) Incremental information gain analysis of input attribute impact on RBF-Kernel SVM spam detection. In: 2016 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), Vancouver, BC, 24-29 July 2016.
- He H, Watson T, Maple C, Tiwari A, Mehnen J, Jin Y & Gabrys B (2016) The security challenges in the IoT enabled cyber-physical systems and opportunities for evolutionary computing and other computational intelligence. In: 2016 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), Vancouver, BC, 24-29 July 2016.
- Ogiriki EA, Li YG & Nikolaidis Th (2015) Prediction and analysis of impact of TBC oxidation on gas turbine creep life. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2015: Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition (GT2015), Montreal, Québec, 15-19 June 2015.
- Jadhav S, He H & Jenkins K (2015) Prediction of earnings per share for industry. In: 7th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (IC3K), 2015, Lisbon, 12-14 November 2014.
- He H, Zhu Z, Tiwari A & Mills A (2015) A cascade of linguistic CMAC neural networks for decision making. In: 2015 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), Killarney, 12-17 July 2015.
- Guest RM, He H, Stevenage S & Neil GJ (2013) An assessment of the human performance of iris identification. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security, Waltham, MA, 12-14 November 2013.
- He H & Guest RM (2013) A framework of configurable multi-engine systems based on performance matrices for face recognition. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security, Waltham, MA, 12-14 November 2013.
- He H, Zhu Z & Mäkinen E (2012) Task-oriented Distributed Decision Making in Wireless Sensor Networks. In: 4th International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics, Nanchang, 26-27 August 2012.
- He H & Qin Z (2010) A k-hyperplane-based neural network for non-linear regression. In: 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI), Beijing, 7-9 July 2010.
- He H & Lawry J (2009) Optimal cascaded hierarchies of linguistics decision trees for decision making. In: 2009 IAENG International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications (ICAIA'09), Hong Kong, 18 March 2009.
- He H & Lawry J (2009) Linguistic CMAC for multi-attribute decision making. In: 2009 IAENG International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications (ICAIA'09), Hong Kong, 18 March 2009.
- He H & Lawry J (2009) A linguistic CMAC equivalent to a linguistic decision tree for classification. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN) 2009, Atlanta, 14-19 June 2009.
- He H & Lawry J (2008) Linguistic attribute hierarchies for downwards information propagation. In: 2008 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2008), Hoing Kong, 1-6 June 2008.
- Chen MY & Wu YJ and He H (2018) A comprehensive obstacle avoidance system of mobile robots using an adaptive threshold clustering and the morphin algorithm. In: Advances in Computational Intelligence Systems: Contributions Presented at the 18th UK Workshop on Computational Intelligence, September 5-7, 2018, Nottingham, UK, Cham: Springer, p. 312-324.
- He H, Zhu ZL, Gang X & Zhu ZH (2018) How good a shallow neural network is for solving non-linear decision-making problems. In: Advances in Brain Inspired Cognitive Systems: 9th International Conference, BICS 2018, Xi’an, China, July 7–8, 2018 Proceedings, Springer, p. 14-24.
- Mehnen J, He H, Tedeschi S & Tapoglou N (2017) Practical Security Aspects of the Internet of Things. In: Cybersecurity for Industry 4.0: Analysis for Design and Manufacturing. Lane Thames, Dirk Schaefer (ed.), Springer International Publishing, p. 225-242.
- Ani UPD, He HM & Tiwari A (2016) Human capability evaluation approach for cybersecurity in critical industrial infrastructure. In: Advances in Human Factors in Cybersecurity: Proceedings of the AHFE 2016 International Conference on Human Factors in Cybersecurity, July 27-31, 2016, Walt Disney World, Florida, USA, Springer International Publishing, p. 169-182.
- He H (2014) Algorithms on the Book Crossing Number Probelm of Graphs -- An Investigation of Various Algorithms and Theory in Graph Drawings . OmniScriptum GmbH & Co. KG: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- He H (2014) Algorithms for the book crossing number problems of graphs – an investigation of various algorithms and theory in graph drawings. Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Martin T & He H (2012) Biosociative discovery in business process models. In: Bisociative Knowledge Discovery, An Introduction to Concept, Algorithms, Tools, and Applications. Berthold MR (ed.), Heidelberg: Springer, p. 452-471.
- He H & Lawry J (2010) A linguistic CMAC vs. a linguistic decision tree for decision making. In: Intelligent Automation and Computer Engineering. Huang X, Ao SI, Castillo O (ed.), Netherlands: Springer Science Business Media, p. 1-16.
- He H & Lawry J (2010) A kind of linguistic attribute hierarchies for the two-way information propagation and Its optimisation. In: Intelligent Automation and Computer Engineering. Huang X, Ao S, Castillo O (ed.), Netherlands: Springer, p. 53-66, ed. 2010.
- Lawry J & He H (2010) Linguistic decision trees for fusing tidal surge forecasting models. In: Combining Soft Computing and Statistical Methods in Data Analysis, Berlin Heidelberg: Springer, p. 403-410.