Contact Dr Hongmei He
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758206
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: https://iotsecurityfoundation.org/is-your-enterprise-security-insured/
Areas of expertise
- Autonomous Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Defence manufacturing
- Industrial Automation
- Sensor Technologies
Dr Hongmei (Mary) He (SIEEE, FHEA) obtained her PhD in Computer Science and MSc in Multimedia and Internet Computing from Loughborough University, UK in 2006 and 2003, respectively. Before coming to the UK, she was a senior embedded system engineer at Motorola Design House, China. Currently, she is a lecturer in AI and Cyber Security and the course director of MSc in Cyber-Secure Manufacturing at Cranfield University. Dr He had rich postdoctoral research experience for several universities, such as Loughborough University, University of Bristol, Ulster University and University of Kent, and she has completed many projects sponsored by EPSRC, MoD, FP7, Leverhmul Trust, Innovate UK as well as International grants. Her expertise in AI has been explored in a wide range of applications, such as Cognitive Robotics, Cognitive Cyber Security, Data/Sensor Fusion, and Safety & Security of autonomous systems, etc. Currently, her research focuses on AI for Trustworthy Robots and Autonomous Systems. She is a productive researcher and has published many papers in peer-reviewed journals, national/international conferences, and book chapters.
Dr Hongmei He is a full member in EPSRC peer-review college and EU H2020 ICT Robotics Programme review panel member in 2016 and 2019. She is the secretary of IEEE UK & Ireland RAS Chapter, vice chair of Adaptive & Dynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning Technic Committee in IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, and working group member of IEEE Technical Ethics (P7000) standard.
Dr He’s current research interests include:
(Sensor) Data Fusion
Internet of Things (IoT)
Welcome excellent candidates who are interested in AI, Robotics or Cyber Security to contact Dr Hongmei He for a PhD research program.
Articles In Journals
- Zhu Z, Xu G, He H, Jiang J & Wang T (2019) Recognition of speed signs in uncertain and dynamic environments, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1187 (4) Article No. 042066.
- Ani U, He H & Tiwari A (2019) Human factor security: evaluating the cybersecurity capacity of the industrial workforce, Journal of Systems and Information Technology , 21 (1) 2-35.
- Jadhav S, Hongmei H & Jenkins K (2018) Information gain directed genetic algorithm wrapper feature selection for credit rating, Applied Soft Computing, 69 (August) 541-553.
- Hallawi H, Mehnen J & He H (2018) A comparison of resource allocation process in grid and cloud technologies, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1032 Article No. 012048.
- Ani UPD, He H & Tiwari A (2018) A framework for operational security metrics development for industrial control environment, Journal of Cyber Security Technology, 2 (3-4) 201-237.
- Hallawi H, Mehnen J & He H (2017) Multi-capacity combinatorial ordering GA in application to cloud resources allocation and efficient virtual machines consolidation, Future Generation Computer Systems, 69 1-10.
- Jadhav S, He H & Jenkins K (2016) An academic review: applications of data mining techniques in finance industry, International Journal of Soft Computing and Artificial Intelligence, 4 (1) 79-95.
- He H, Salagean A, Makinen E & Vrt’o I (2015) Various heuristic algorithms for the two-page drawing problem of graphs, Open Computer Science, 5 (1) 22-40.
- He H, Zhu Z & Makinen E (2014) Task-oriented distributed data fusion in autonomous wireless sensor networks, Soft Computing, 19 (8) 2305-2319.
- He H, McGinnity M, Coleman S & Gardiner B (2014) Linguistic Decision Making for Robot Route Learning, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 25 (1) 203-215.
- He H & Qin Z (2013) Bisociation networks analysis for business process, International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 4 (5) 419-426.
- Gardiner B, Coleman SA, McGinnity TM & He H (2012) Robot control code generation by task demonstration in a dynamic environment, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, 60 (12) 1508-1519.
- Zhu Z, Oyadiji SO & He H (2012) Energy Awareness Workflow Model for Wireless Sensor Nodes, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, 14 (17) 1583-1600.
- He H, Salagean A & Mäkinen E (2010) One- and two-page crossing numbers for some types of graphs, International Journal of Computer Mathematics, 87 (8) 1667-1679.
- He H, Zhu Z & Mäkinen E (2009) A neural network model to minimise the connected dominating set for self-configuration of wireless sensor networks, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 20 (6) 973-982.
- He H & Lawry J (2009) Optimal cascade linguistic attribute hierarchies for information propagation, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, 36 (2) 129-136.
- Lawry J & He H (2008) Multi-attribute decision making based on label semantics, International Journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, 16 (SUPPL.2) 69-86.
- He H, Sýkora O & Mäkinen E (2007) Genetic algorithms for the 2-page drawing problem of graphs, Journal of Heuristics, 13 (1) 77-93.
- He H, Sýkora O, Sălăgean A & Mäkinen E (2007) Parallelization of genetic algorithm for the 2-page crossing number problem, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 67 (2) 229-241.
- He H, Sýkora O & Mäkinen E (2006) An improved neural network model for the 2 -page crossing number problem, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 17 (6) 1642-1646.
- He H & Sýkora O (2006) A Hopfield neural network model for the outerplanar crossing number problem, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, 32 (3) 483-488.
- He H, Sýkora O & Vrt'o I (2005) Heuristic crossing minimisation algorithms for the 2-page drawings (extended abstract), Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics, 22 527-534.
- He H, Watson T, Maple C, Mehnen J & Ashutosh T (2017) A new semantic attribute deep learning with a linguistic attribute hierarchy for spam detection. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 2017 (IJCNN 2017), Anchorage, AK, 14-19 May 2017.
- He H, Tiwari A, Mehnen J, Watson T, Maple C, Jin Y & Gabrys B (2016) Incremental information gain analysis of input attribute impact on RBF-Kernel SVM spam detection. In: 2016 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), Vancouver, BC, 24-29 July 2016.
- He H, Watson T, Maple C, Tiwari A, Mehnen J, Jin Y & Gabrys B (2016) The security challenges in the IoT enabled cyber-physical systems and opportunities for evolutionary computing and other computational intelligence. In: 2016 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), Vancouver, BC, 24-29 July 2016.
- Jadhav S, He H & Jenkins K (2015) Prediction of earnings per share for industry. In: 7th International Joint Conference on Knowledge Discovery, Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management (IC3K), 2015, Lisbon, 12-14 November 2014.
- He H, Zhu Z, Tiwari A & Mills A (2015) A cascade of linguistic CMAC neural networks for decision making. In: 2015 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), Killarney, 12-17 July 2015.
- Guest RM, He H, Stevenage S & Neil GJ (2013) An assessment of the human performance of iris identification. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security, Waltham, MA, 12-14 November 2013.
- He H & Guest RM (2013) A framework of configurable multi-engine systems based on performance matrices for face recognition. In: 2013 IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Homeland Security, Waltham, MA, 12-14 November 2013.
- He H, Zhu Z & Mäkinen E (2012) Task-oriented Distributed Decision Making in Wireless Sensor Networks. In: 4th International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics, Nanchang, 26-27 August 2012.
- He H & Qin Z (2010) A k-hyperplane-based neural network for non-linear regression. In: 9th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Informatics (ICCI), Beijing, 7-9 July 2010.
- He H & Lawry J (2009) Optimal cascaded hierarchies of linguistics decision trees for decision making. In: 2009 IAENG International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications (ICAIA'09), Hong Kong, 18 March 2009.
- He H & Lawry J (2009) Linguistic CMAC for multi-attribute decision making. In: 2009 IAENG International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications (ICAIA'09), Hong Kong, 18 March 2009.
- He H & Lawry J (2009) A linguistic CMAC equivalent to a linguistic decision tree for classification. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN) 2009, Atlanta, 14-19 June 2009.
- He H & Lawry J (2008) Linguistic attribute hierarchies for downwards information propagation. In: 2008 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2008), Hoing Kong, 1-6 June 2008.
- Chen MY & Wu YJ and He H (2018) A comprehensive obstacle avoidance system of mobile robots using an adaptive threshold clustering and the morphin algorithm. In: Advances in Computational Intelligence Systems: Contributions Presented at the 18th UK Workshop on Computational Intelligence, September 5-7, 2018, Nottingham, UK, Cham: Springer, p. 312-324.
- He H, Zhu ZL, Gang X & Zhu ZH (2018) How good a shallow neural network is for solving non-linear decision-making problems. In: Advances in Brain Inspired Cognitive Systems: 9th International Conference, BICS 2018, Xi’an, China, July 7–8, 2018 Proceedings, Springer, p. 14-24.
- Mehnen J, He H, Tedeschi S & Tapoglou N (2017) Practical Security Aspects of the Internet of Things. In: Cybersecurity for Industry 4.0: Analysis for Design and Manufacturing. Lane Thames, Dirk Schaefer (ed.), Springer International Publishing, p. 225-242.
- Ani UPD, He HM & Tiwari A (2016) Human capability evaluation approach for cybersecurity in critical industrial infrastructure. In: Advances in Human Factors in Cybersecurity: Proceedings of the AHFE 2016 International Conference on Human Factors in Cybersecurity, July 27-31, 2016, Walt Disney World, Florida, USA, Springer International Publishing, p. 169-182.
- He H (2014) Algorithms on the Book Crossing Number Probelm of Graphs -- An Investigation of Various Algorithms and Theory in Graph Drawings . OmniScriptum GmbH & Co. KG: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
- He H (2014) Algorithms for the book crossing number problems of graphs – an investigation of various algorithms and theory in graph drawings. Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Martin T & He H (2012) Biosociative discovery in business process models. In: Bisociative Knowledge Discovery, An Introduction to Concept, Algorithms, Tools, and Applications. Berthold MR (ed.), Heidelberg: Springer, p. 452-471.
- He H & Lawry J (2010) A linguistic CMAC vs. a linguistic decision tree for decision making. In: Intelligent Automation and Computer Engineering. Huang X, Ao SI, Castillo O (ed.), Netherlands: Springer Science Business Media, p. 1-16.
- He H & Lawry J (2010) A kind of linguistic attribute hierarchies for the two-way information propagation and Its optimisation. In: Intelligent Automation and Computer Engineering. Huang X, Ao S, Castillo O (ed.), Netherlands: Springer, p. 53-66, ed. 2010.
- Lawry J & He H (2010) Linguistic decision trees for fusing tidal surge forecasting models. In: Combining Soft Computing and Statistical Methods in Data Analysis, Berlin Heidelberg: Springer, p. 403-410.