Contact Dr Gulsum Kubra Kaya
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754096
- Email: Kubra.Kaya@cranfield.ac.uk
- Twitter: @gkubrakaya
- Google Scholar
Areas of expertise
- Air Transport Safety & Investigation
- Industrial Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
- Systems Engineering
Dr. G Kubra Kaya is a Lecturer at Safety and Accident Investigation Centre.
She holds degrees in Industrial Engineering (BEng) from Sakarya University, Turkey (2011), Systems Engineering Management (MSc) from University College London, UK (2014) and Engineering (PhD) from the University of Cambridge, UK (2018). She has been working as a Lecturer since 2018. Dr G Kubra Kaya received the title of 'Associate Professor' in Industrial Engineering in 2022.
Dr G Kubra Kaya has experience in developing, applying and teaching safety engineering methods. Her particular areas of interest are system safety, ergonomics and risk assessment.
Articles In Journals
- Ustebay S, Sarmis A, Kaya GK & Sujan M (2023) A comparison of machine learning algorithms in predicting COVID-19 prognostics, Internal and Emergency Medicine, 18 (1) 229-239.
- Kaya GK, Ozturk F & Sariguzel EE (2021) System-based risk analysis in a tram operating system: Integrating Monte Carlo simulation with the functional resonance analysis method, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 215 Article No. 107835.
- Komashie A, Ward J, Bashford T, Dickerson T, Kaya GK, Liu Y, Kuhn I, Günay A, Kohler K, Boddy N, O'Kelly E, Masters J, Dean J, Meads C & Clarkson PJ (2021) Systems approach to health service design, delivery and improvement: a systematic review and meta-analysis, BMJ Open, 11 (1) Article No. e037667.
- Kaya GK, Ward J, Pearman A & Clarkson J (2021) Evaluation of the formal risk assessment practice in hospitals in England, Journal of Risk Research, 24 (6) 771-779.
- Kaya GK (2021) A system safety approach to assessing risks in the sepsis treatment process, Applied Ergonomics, 94 Article No. 103408.
- Kaya GK & Hocaoglu MF (2020) Semi-quantitative application to the Functional Resonance Analysis Method for supporting safety management in a complex health-care process, Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 202 Article No. 106970.
- Kaya GK, Ovali HF & Ozturk F (2019) Using the functional resonance analysis method on the drug administration process to assess performance variability, Safety Science, 118 835-840.
- Kaya GK, Ward J & Clarkson J (2019) A Review of Risk Matrices Used in Acute Hospitals in England, Risk Analysis, 39 (5) 1060-1070.
- Kaya GK, Ward JR & Clarkson PJ (2019) A framework to support risk assessment in hospitals, International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 31 (5) 393-401.
- Kaya & GK (2021) Safety Risk Management in Complex Systems. In: ndustrial Engineering in the Internet-of-Things World. GJCIE 2020, Springer, p. 3-12.
- Kaya, GK, Ozturk & F (2021) A Comparison of the Multi-criteria Decision-Making Methods for the Selection of Researchers. In: Industrial Engineering in the Internet-of-Things World. GJCIE 2020, Springer, p. 147-159.