Areas of expertise
Dr. Guillaume Kister completed his higher education in mechanical engineering in France before being awarded his PhD in ‘Ceramic-matrix composites for gas turbine applications at the University of Bath.
Guillaume Kister is currently employed as a Research Fellow in the Defence Chemistry Centre at Cranfield University at Shrivenham and is involved in:
- Materials characterisation using conventional techniques such as DMA/TMA, DSC, FTIR, rheometer
- Structural health monitoring of composite structures using temperature and strain optical fibre sensors
- Cure monitoring of composites and resin systems using spectroscopy- and refractive index-based optical fibre sensors
- Mechanical testing and microscopy analysis of materials
Articles In Journals
- Moniruzzaman M, Christogianni P & Kister G (2016) Self-healing in epoxy thermoset polymer films triggered by UV light, Procedia Engineering, 148 114-121.
- G. Kister & E Dossi (2015) Cure monitoring of CFRP composites by dynamic mechanical analyser, Polymer Testing, 47 71-78.
- Christogianni P, Moniruzzaman M & Kister G (2015) Enhancement of mechanical properties of photo-responsive polymers, Macromolecular Symposia, 354 (1 Special Issue: MACRO 2014) 55-61.
- Christogianni P, Moniruzzaman M & Kister G (2015) Light-triggered enhancement of mechanical properties and healing effect in azobenzene-based polymer films, Polymer, 77 272-277.
- Moniruzzaman M, Christogianni P & Kister G (2014) Reversible Isomerization and Cure Monitoring of Epoxy Azobenzene Resins, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 131 (18).
- Kister G, Wood DC, Appleby-Thomas GJ, Leighs JA, Goff M, Barnes NR & Hazell PJ (2014) An overview on the effect of manufacturing on the shock response of polymers, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 500 (19).
- Wakeling BR, Degamber B, Kister G, Lane DW, Bailey MJ & Jeynes C (2012) In situ analysis of cadmium sulphide chemical bath deposition by an optical fibre monitor, Thin Solid Films, 525 1-5.
- Hazell, P. J., Appleby-Thomas, G. J., Kister & G. (2010) Impact, penetration, and perforation of a bonded carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic composite panel by a high-velocity steel sphere: An experimental study, Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design, 45 (6) 439-450.
- Hazell PJ, Cowie A, Kister G, Stennett C & Cooper GA (2009) Penetration of a woven CFRP laminate by a high velocity steel sphere impacting at velocities of up to 1875 m/s, International Journal of Impact Engineering, 36 (9) 1136-1142.
- Hazell PJ, Kister G, Stennett C, Bourque P & Cooper G (2008) Normal and oblique penetration of woven CFRP laminates by a high velocity steel sphere, Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing, 39 (5) 866-874.
- Kister G, Winter D, Gebremichael YM, Leighton J, Badcock RA, Tester PD, Krisnamurthy S, Grattan K T V & Fernando GF (2007) Methodology and integrity monitoring of foundation concrete piles using Bragg grating optical fibre sensors, Engineering Structures, 29 (9) 2048-2055.
- Kister G, Winter D, Tetlow J, Barnes RA, Mays GC & Fernando GF (2006) Structural integrity monitoring of reinforced concrete structures. Part 1: Evaluation of protection systems for extrinsic fibre Fabry-Perot sensors, Engineering Structures, 27 (3) 411-419.
- Kister G, Badcock RA, Gebremichael YM, Boyle WJO, Grattan KV, Fernando GF & Cannon L (2006) Monitoring of an all-composite bridge using Bragg grating sensors, Construction and Building Materials, 21 (7) 1599-1604.
- Talbot JD, Wang L, Kister G, Ralph B & Fernando GF (2004) Conventional E-Glass Fibre Light Guides: Self-Sensing Composite Based on Cladding, Smart Materials and Structures, 13 (1) 73-81.
- Kister G, Ralph B & Fernando GF (2004) Damage detection in glass fibre-reinforced plastic composites using self-sensing E-glass fibres, Smart Materials and Structures, 13 (5) 1166-1175.
- Kister G, Badcock R & Fernando GF (2004) A novel technique to study the fracture of E-Glass fiber reinforced composites, Journal of Materials Science, 39 (4) 1425-1428.
- Kister G, Wang L, Ralph B & Fernando GF (2003) Self-sensing E-glass fibres, Optical Materials, 21 713-727.
- Kister G, Badcock RA, Gebremichael YM, Leighton J, Boyle WJO & Fernando GF Structural integrity of a foundation pile using optical fibre-based sensors. In: RUFUS Conference, London.