Contact Dr Gilbert Tang
Areas of expertise
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Aerospace Structures
- Autonomous Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Industrial Automation
- Manufacturing Systems
- Mechatronics & Advanced Controls
- Product and Service Design
- Sensor Technologies
Gilbert is a Chartered Engineer and Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. He is also a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Gilbert's research interests:
- Intelligent automation
- Safe shared workspace for the coexistence of humans and robots
- Human-robot collaboration
- Automated aircraft assembly
- Metrology assisted aircraft assembly
- Artificial Intelligence in Robotics
- Robotic system design
- Human-robot interface: Gesture control and teleoperation
- Airbus (UK)
- BAE Systems
- Rolls Royce
Articles In Journals
- Tang G, Webb P & Thrower J (2019) The development and evaluation of Robot Light Skin: A novel robot signalling system to improve communication in industrial human–robot collaboration, Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, 56 (April) 85-94. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.7314548
- Tang G & Webb P (2018) The design and evaluation of an ergonomic contactless gesture control system for industrial robots, Journal of Robotics, 2018 Article No. 9791286.
- Tang G, Asif S & Webb P (2015) The Integration of Contactless Static Pose Recognition and Dynamic Hand Motion Tracking Control System for Industrial Human and Robot Collaboration, Industrial Robot: An International Journal, 42 (5) 416-428.
- Johnson T, Tang G, Fletcher SR & Webb P (2016) Investigating the effects of signal light position on human workload and reaction time in human-robot collaboration tasks. In: AHFE 2016 International Conference on Human Aspects of Advanced Manufacturing, Florida, 27-31 July 2016.
- Tang G, Charalambous G, Webb P & Fletcher SR (2014) Users' understanding of industrial robot gesture motions and effects on trust. In: International Conference on Ergonomics and Human Factors 2014, Southampton, 7-10 April 2014.