Contact Dr Efstathios Siampis
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 750111 x3524
- Email: Efstathios.Siampis@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
- Mechatronics & Advanced Controls
Dr Efstathios Siampis joined the Advanced Vehicle Engineering Centre as a Lecturer in December 2019. He received his PhD degree from Cranfield University in 2016 for his work on predictive torque-vectoring control for Electric Vehicles, which resulted in several journal and conference papers. Following his PhD, he joined Delta Motorsport as a Vehicle Dynamics and Control Engineer and worked on several research and commercial projects. His research interests include vehicle systems modelling, autonomous vehicle dynamics, optimal control and estimation and embedded systems.
Advanced Integrated Dynamics for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (AIDCAV): Co-Investigator
of the “AIDCAV” project on path following control of multi-actuated autonomous vehicles (youtu.be/3cBPJrqIg5I).
FAST: Project Manager of the "FAST" project
on the development of a prototype active suspension system for passenger
comfort in a high-performance vehicle.
Articles In Journals
- Papaioannou G, Htike Z, Lin C, Siampis E, Longo S & Velenis E (2022) Multi-criteria evaluation for sorting motion planner alternatives, Sensors, 22 (14) Article No. 5177.
- Htike Z, Papaioannou G, Siampis E, Velenis E & Longo S (2022) Fundamentals of motion planning for mitigating motion sickness in automated vehicles, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 71 (3) 2375-2384.
- Diez DR, Velenis E, Tavernini D, Smith E, Siampis E & Soltani A (2019) Front/rear axle torque vectoring control for electric vehicles, Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, 141 (6) Article No. DS-17-1303 061002-1-061002-12.
- Siampis E, Velenis E, Gariuolo S & Longo S (2018) A real-time nonlinear model predictive control strategy for stabilisation of an electric vehicle at the limits of handling, IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, 26 (6) Article No. 8061009 1982-1994.
- Kampanakis A, Siampis E, Velenis E & Longo S (2016) A torque vectoring optimal control strategy for combined vehicle dynamics performance enhancement and electric motor ageing minimisation, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 49 (1) 412-417.
- Siampis E, Velenis E & Longo S (2015) Rear wheel torque vectoring model predictive control with velocity regulation for electric vehicles, Vehicle System Dynamics, 53 (11) 1555-1579.
- Lin C, Siampis E & Velenis E (2022) Real-time path-tracking MPC for an over-actuated autonomous electric vehicle. In: 2022 American Control Conference (ACC), Atlanta, 8-10 June 2022.
- Li B, Lin C, Siampis E, Longo S & Velenis E (2021) Integrated Path-tracking and Control Allocation Controller for Autonomous Electric Vehicle under Limit Handling Condition. In: 2020 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), Las Vegas, NV, 19 October - 13 November 2020.
- Htike Z, Papaioannou G, Siampis E, Velenis E & Longo S (2021) Minimisation of Motion Sickness in Autonomous Vehicles. In: 2020 IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), Las Vegas, NV, 19 October - 13 November 2020.
- Basrah MS, Siampis E, Velenis E, Cao D & Longo S (2016) Integration of torque blending and slip control using real-time nonlinear model predictive control. In: 13th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, AVEC'16, Munich, 13-16 September 2016.
- Siampis E, Velenis E & Longo S (2015) Model Predictive torque vectoring control for electric vehicles near the limits of handling. In: 2015 European Control Conference, ECC 2015, Linz, 15-17 July 2015.
- Siampis E, Massaro M & Velenis E (2013) Electric rear axle torque vectoring for combined yaw stability and velocity control near the limit of handling. In: 52nd IEEE Decision and Control and European Control Conference, Florence, 10-13 December 2013.