Contact Dr Edith Rogers
I have an MPhys degree from Aberystwyth University (2004-2008) where my final year project was on the use of colloidal nanoparticles for surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy. I did my PhD at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) between 2008 and 2012 where I defended my thesis on the topic "Engineering the electronic structure of lanthanide materials" in Demember 2012. I then stayed at Delft until June 2014, as a postdoctoral researcher investigating the systematic behaviour of transition metal doped inorganic compounds. From 2015-2019 I was senior specialist technician for physics at the University of Portsmouth, where I ran the research labs, and in particular magnetron sputtering, atomic force microscopy and vibrating sample magnetometry.
I am a research fellow in Radiation Detector Material Development where I work on the EPSRC funded project “Heterostructure
Radiation Detector Materials for Advanced Time of Flight Positron Emission Tomography
My main interests are in the design, manufacture and testing of new detector materials, working with the centre's Kern Evo Micro CNC centre as well as smaller set-ups in the centre including confocal microscopy. I also run the centre's Fourier transform infrared and UV-visible spectrometers, providing support beyond my project.
Articles In Journals
- Krause P, Rogers E & Bizarri G (2023) Advances in design of high-performance heterostructured scintillators for time-of-flight positron emission tomography, Advanced Theory and Simulations, Available online 10 October 2023 Article No. 2300425. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.23566458
- Jones CA, Jarfors AEW, Rogers E, Vrethed P, Silva P & Jolly MR (2023) A mathematical examination of the impact of mould transparency to infrared radiation on solidification during the investment casting process, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, 1281 Article No. 012040. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.22153778
- Rogers EG, Birowosuto MD, Maddalena F, Dujardin C, Pagano F, Kratochwil N, Auffray E, Krause P & Bizarri G (2023) Two-dimensional perovskite functionalized fiber-type heterostructured scintillators, Applied Physics Letters, 122 (8) Article No. 081901. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.21640520
- Krause P, Rogers E, Birowosuto MD, Pei Q, Auffray E, Vasil'ev AN & Bizarri G (2022) Design rules for time of flight positron emission tomography (ToF-PET) heterostructure radiation detectors, Heliyon, 8 (6) Article No. e09754. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.2013173
- Dorenbos P & Rogers E (2014) Vacuum referred binding energies of the lanthanides in transition metal oxide compounds, ECS Journal of Solid State Science and Technology, 3 (8) R150-R158.
- Rogers E & Dorenbos P (2014) Vacuum referred binding energy of the single 3d, 4d, or 5d electron in transition metal and lanthanide impurities in compounds, ECS Journal of Solid State Science and Technology, 3 (10) R173-R184.
- Rogers E & Dorenbos P (2014) Vacuum energy referred Ti3+/4+ donor/acceptor states in insulating and semiconducting inorganic compounds, Journal of Luminescence, 153 (September) 40-45.
- Rogers E & Dorenbos P (2014) Unification of the point charge electrostatic model with the chemical shift model for lanthanide 5d states, Journal of Luminescence, 146 (February) 445-449.
- Ganapathy S, Basak S, Lefering A, Rogers E, Zandbergen H & Wagemaker M (2014) Improving reversible capacities of high-surface lithium insertion materials - The case of amorphous TiO 2, Frontiers in Energy Research, 2 (28 November 2014) Article No. 53.
- Rogers EG & Dorenbos P (2014) A comparison of the transition metal 3d1 crystal field splitting with the lanthanide 5d1 crystal field splitting in compounds, Journal of Luminescence, 155 135-140.
- Rogers E, Dorenbos P, De Haas J & Van Der Kolk E (2012) Experimental study of the 4fn→4fn and 4f n→4fn15d1 transitions of the lanthanide diiodides LnI2 (Ln=Nd, Sm, Eu, Dy, Tm, Yb), Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 24 (27) Article No. 275502.
- Rogers E, Dorenbos P & Van Der Kolk E (2011) Systematics in the optical and electronic properties of the binary lanthanide halide, chalcogenide and pnictide compounds: An overview, New Journal of Physics, 13 (September) Article No. 093038.
- Rogers E, Smet P, Dorenbos P, Poelman D & Van Der Kolk E (2010) The thermally induced metal-semiconducting phase transition of samarium monosulfide (SmS) thin films, Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 22 (1) Article No. 015005.