Contact Dr Dolores Rey Vicario
Areas of expertise
She has over 8 years research experience on water availability risks and water economics in the agricultural sector. Her current research under the NERC UK Droughts and Water Scarcity research programme seeks to understand farmer decision-making processes regarding water management during drought events and the financial impacts of droughts on UK agriculture. She is the PI of the project “NEXus Thinking for sustainable AGricultural development in Andean countries (NEXT-AG)” working with partners in Chile, Ecuador, Peru and the UK on applying a Water-Energy-Food-Environment nexus approach to inform future irrigated agriculture development policies in Andean countries. As part of her PhD research at the Technical University of Madrid, Dolores was involved in pan European research addressing the use of water markets to cope with water shortages, drought and flood policies related to the agricultural sector in different countries, and assessing climate change impacts on agriculture.
Articles In Journals
- Salmoral G, Rey D, Rudd A, de Margon P & Holman I (2019) A probabilistic risk assessment of the national economic impacts of regulatory drought management on irrigated agriculture, Earth's Future, 7 (2) 178-196. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.7613192
- Rey D, Pérez-Blanco CD, Escriva-Bou A, Girard C & Veldkamp TIE (2019) Role of economic instruments in water allocation reform: lessons from Europe, International Journal of Water Resources Development, 35 (2) 206-239.
- Parsons DJ, Rey D, Tanguy M & Holman IP (2019) Regional variations in the link between drought indices and reported agricultural impacts of drought, Agricultural Systems, 173 (July) 119-129. Dataset/s: 10.5285/17b9c4f7-1c30-4b6f-b2fe-f7780159939c, 10.5285/8baf805d-39ce-4dac-b224-c926ada353b7, 10.5285/33604ea0-c238-4488-813d-0ad9ab7c51ca, 10.5255/UKDA-SN-853167
- Rio M, Rey D, Prudhomme C & Holman IP (2018) Evaluation of changing surface water abstraction reliability for supplemental irrigation under climate change, Agricultural Water Management, 206 (July) 200-208. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.6327176
- Morris J, Else MA, El Chami D, Daccache A, Rey D & Knox J (2017) Essential irrigation and the economics of strawberries in a temperate climate, Agricultural Water Management, 194 (December) 90-99.
- Rey D, Holman IP & Knox JW (2017) Developing drought resilience in irrigated agriculture in the face of increasing water scarcity, Regional Environmental Change, 17 (5) 1527-1540.
- Rey D, Garrido A & Calatrava J (2016) An innovative option contract for allocating water in Inter-Basin Transfers: the case of the Tagus-Segura Transfer in Spain, Water Resources Management, 30 (3) 1165-1182.
- Rey D, Holman I, Daccache A, Morris J, Weatherhead K & Knox J (2016) Modelling and mapping the economic value of supplemental irrigation in a humid climate, Agricultural Water Management, 173 (July) 13-22.
- Rey D, Calatrava J & Garrido A (2015) Optimisation of water procurement decisions in an irrigation district: the role of option contracts, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 60 (1) 130-154.
- Rey Dolores (2015) Water option contracts for reducing water supply risks, Outlook On Agriculture, 44 (1) 5-9.
- Rey D, Garrido A & Calatrava J (2015) Comparison of different water supply risk management tools for irrigators: option contracts and insurance, Environmental and Resource Economics, 65 (2) 415-439.