Contact Dr Dolores Rey Vicario
Areas of expertise
- Agrifood Systems
- Water Science and Engineering
Dr Rey's research mainly focuses on water availability risks for farmers in different countries - their impacts, coping strategies and long-term planning, and the financial implications. She is or has been involved in several research and consultancy projects. Some recent examples are:
- NEXus Thinking for sustainable AGricultural development in Andean countries (NEXT-AG, NE/R015759/1). NERC (UK) and CONICYT (Chile), 2018-2021. PIs: Dolores Rey and Oscar Melo (UPCC, Chile)
- Strengthening Thailand’s Agricultural Drought Resilience (STAR NE/S003223/1). NERC (UK) and TSRI (Thailand), 2018-2021. PI: Simon Parry (CEH). Role: Co-I
- Rurality as a vehicle for Urban Sanitation Transformation (RUST, ES/R006865/1). ESRC (UK), 2018-2020. PI: Paul Hutchings (Cranfield University). Role: Co-I
- Irrigation Efficiency Training Toolkit. PepsiCo, 2019. PI: Tim Hess (Cranfield University). Role: Co-I
- Managing the Risks, Impacts and Uncertainties of droughts and water Scarcity (MaRIUS, NE/L010364/1). NERC (UK), 2014-19. PI: Jim Hall (Oxford University). Role: Researcher
- Analysis of historic drought and water scarcity in the UK: a systems-based study of drivers, impacts and their interactions (Historic Droughts, NE/L01016X/1 ). NERC, 2014-2019. PI: Jamie Hannaford (CEH). Role: Researcher
Articles In Journals
- Salmoral G, Rey D, Rudd A, de Margon P & Holman I (2019) A probabilistic risk assessment of the national economic impacts of regulatory drought management on irrigated agriculture, Earth's Future, 7 (2) 178-196. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.7613192
- Rey D, Pérez-Blanco CD, Escriva-Bou A, Girard C & Veldkamp TIE (2019) Role of economic instruments in water allocation reform: lessons from Europe, International Journal of Water Resources Development, 35 (2) 206-239.
- Parsons DJ, Rey D, Tanguy M & Holman IP (2019) Regional variations in the link between drought indices and reported agricultural impacts of drought, Agricultural Systems, 173 (July) 119-129. Dataset/s: 10.5285/17b9c4f7-1c30-4b6f-b2fe-f7780159939c, 10.5285/8baf805d-39ce-4dac-b224-c926ada353b7, 10.5285/33604ea0-c238-4488-813d-0ad9ab7c51ca, 10.5255/UKDA-SN-853167
- Rio M, Rey D, Prudhomme C & Holman IP (2018) Evaluation of changing surface water abstraction reliability for supplemental irrigation under climate change, Agricultural Water Management, 206 (July) 200-208. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.6327176
- Rey D, Holman IP & Knox JW (2017) Developing drought resilience in irrigated agriculture in the face of increasing water scarcity, Regional Environmental Change, 17 (5) 1527-1540.
- Morris J, Else MA, El Chami D, Daccache A, Rey D & Knox J (2017) Essential irrigation and the economics of strawberries in a temperate climate, Agricultural Water Management, 194 (December) 90-99.
- Rey D, Garrido A & Calatrava J (2016) An innovative option contract for allocating water in Inter-Basin Transfers: the case of the Tagus-Segura Transfer in Spain, Water Resources Management, 30 (3) 1165-1182.
- Rey D, Holman I, Daccache A, Morris J, Weatherhead K & Knox J (2016) Modelling and mapping the economic value of supplemental irrigation in a humid climate, Agricultural Water Management, 173 (July) 13-22.
- Rey D, Garrido A & Calatrava J (2015) Comparison of different water supply risk management tools for irrigators: option contracts and insurance, Environmental and Resource Economics, 65 (2) 415-439.
- Rey D, Calatrava J & Garrido A (2015) Optimisation of water procurement decisions in an irrigation district: the role of option contracts, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, 60 (1) 130-154.
- Rey Dolores (2015) Water option contracts for reducing water supply risks, Outlook On Agriculture, 44 (1) 5-9.