Contact Dr Dmitry Ignatyev
Areas of expertise
- Aeronautical Systems
- Autonomous Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Flight Physics
- Off-Road Vehicle Engineering
He received an MSc on Applied Mathematics and Physics from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) in 2008, and a PhD on Physics and Mathematics from MIPT in 2013. He has published over 30 journal and conference papers on aerodynamics, flight dynamics and control.
Before joining Cranfield, Dr Ignatyev worked for eight years as a researcher at the Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute n.a. Zhukovsky, which is a leading aeronautics research institution in Russia.
He was involved in multiple academic and industrial research programs. His research background includes aerodynamics, flight dynamics and control.
Current activitiesDr Ignatyev's current research is focused on an increase in levels of performance, safety and autonomy of vehicles by the mean of the following activities:
- developing novel and improving existing advanced control strategies;
- improving aerodynamic and flight dynamics performance of aircraft via wind tunnel and flight testing;
- identification and modelling of vehicle dynamics.
Articles In Journals
- Dessena G, Ignatyev DI, Whidborne JF, Pontillo A & Zanotti Fragonara L (2022) Ground vibration testing of a flexible wing: a benchmark and case study, Aerospace, 9 (8) Article No. 438. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.19077023
- Li D, Tsourdos A, Wang Z & Ignatyev D (2022) Nonlinear analysis for wing-rock system with adaptive control, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Available online 25 July 2022.
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S, Zolotas A & Tsourdos A (2021) Group design project in control engineering: Adapting to COVID-19 pandemic, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 54 (12) 68-73.
- Li D, Ignatyev D, Tsourdos A & Wang Z (2021) Region of attraction analysis for adaptive control of wing rock system, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 54 (14) 518-523.
- Strawa N, Ignatyev DI, Zolotas AC & Tsourdos A (2021) On-line learning and updating unmanned tracked vehicle dynamics, Electronics, 10 (2) Article No. 187. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.15156810.v1
- Ignatyev DI, Khrabrov AN, Kortukova AI, Alieva DA, Sidoryuk ME & Bazhenov SG (2020) Interplay of unsteady aerodynamics and flight dynamics of transport aircraft in icing conditions, Aerospace Science and Technology, 104 (September) Article No. 105914.
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2020) Fault detection, isolation and adaptive augmentation for incremental backstepping flight control, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 53 (2) 14799-14804.
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2020) Two-layer adaptive augmentation for incremental backstepping flight control of transport aircraft in uncertain conditions, Aerospace Science and Technology, 105 (October) Article No. 106051.
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2019) Two-layer on-line parameter estimation for adaptive incremental backstepping flight control for a transport aircraft in uncertain conditions, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 52 (12) 411-416.
- Ignatyev D, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2018) Bayesian calibration for multiple source regression model, Neurocomputing, 318 (November) 55-64.
- Ignatyev DI, Sidoryuk ME, Kolinko KA & Khrabrov AN (2017) Dynamic rig for validation of control algorithms at high angles of attack, Journal of Aircraft, 54 (5) 1760-1771.
- Ignatyev D & Khrabrov A (2014) Neural network modeling of unsteady aerodynamic characteristics at high angles of attack, Aerospace Science and Technology, 41 106-115.
- Wang I-T, Ignatyev D, Inalhan G, Collins A, Cheng S & Stephen S (2022) Integrated compact electrically powered and signaled actuation systems. In: AIAA Aviation 2022 Forum, Chicago, IL, 27 June - 1 July 2022.
- Castiblanco JM, Garcia-Nieto S, Ignatyev D & Blasco X (2022) THE TRAM-FPV RACING Open Database. Sequences complete indoor flight tests for the study of racing drones. In: XLIII Automatica 2022, Logrono, La Rioja, 7-9 September 2022.
- Ignatyev D & Tsourdos A (2022) Incremental nonlinear dynamic inversion with sparse online Gaussian processes adaptation for partially unknown systems. In: 2022 30th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED), Vouliagmeni, 28 June - 1 July 2022.
- Leung THY, Ignatyev D & Zolotas A (2022) Hybrid terrain traversability analysis in off-road environments. In: 2022 8th International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Applications (ICARA), Prague, 18 February - 20 March 2022. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.19668642
- Ignatyev D, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2021) Gaussian process adaptive incremental backstepping flight control. In: AIAA SciTech 2022 Forum, San Diego and Virtual Event, 3-7 January 2022.
- Li D, Ignatyev D, Tsourdos A & Wang Z (2021) Nonlinear analysis for wing rock system with adaptive control. In: AIAA SciTech 2022 Forum, San Diego and Virtual Event, 3-7 January 2022.
- Ignatyev D, Zaripov K, Sidoryuk M, Kolinko K & Khrabrov A (2016) Wind tunnel tests for validation of control algorithms at high angles of attack using autonomous aircraft model mounted in 3DOF gimbals. In: 2016 AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference, San Diego, 4 January 2016.
- Ignatyev D, Sidoryuk M, Kolinko K & Khrabrov A (2016) Wind tunnel three-degree-of-freedom dynamic rig for control validation. In: 30th Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, ICAS 2016, Daejeon, Korea, 25-30 September 2016.
- Ignatyev D & Khrabrov A (2014) Model of the unsteady aerodynamic characteristics at high AOA with nonlinear dependency in angular rate. In: 29th Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, 2014, St Petersburg, 7-12 September 2014.