Contact Dr Dmitry Ignatyev
Areas of expertise
- Aeronautical Systems
- Autonomous Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Flight Physics
- Off-Road Vehicle Engineering
He received an MSc on Applied Mathematics and Physics from Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT) in 2008, and a PhD on Physics and Mathematics from MIPT in 2013. He has published over 30 journal and conference papers on aerodynamics, flight dynamics and control.
Before joining Cranfield, Dr Ignatyev worked for eight years as a researcher at the Central Aerohydrodynamic Institute n.a. Zhukovsky, which is a leading aeronautics research institution in Russia.
He was involved in multiple academic and industrial research programs. His research background includes aerodynamics, flight dynamics and control.
Current activitiesDr Ignatyev's current research is focused on an increase in levels of performance, safety and autonomy of vehicles by the mean of the following activities:
- developing novel and improving existing advanced control strategies;
- improving aerodynamic and flight dynamics performance of aircraft via wind tunnel and flight testing;
- identification and modelling of vehicle dynamics.
Articles In Journals
- Dessena G, Ignatyev DI, Whidborne JF & Zanotti Fragonara L (2024) A global-local meta-modelling technique for model updating, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 418, Part A (January) Article No. 116511. Dataset/s: 10.5281/zenodo.8406030
- Li D, Ignatyev D, Tsourdos A & Wang Z (2023) Estimation of non-symmetric and unbounded region of attraction using shifted shape function and R-composition, ISA Transactions, 136 (May) 308-322.
- Beyçimen S, Beyçimen S, Ignatyev D & Zolotas A (2023) A comprehensive survey of unmanned ground vehicle terrain traversability for unstructured environments and sensor technology insights, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal, 47 (November) Article No. 101457.
- Dessena G, Civera M, Ignatyev DI, Whidborne JF, Zanotti Fragonara L & Chiaia B (2023) The accuracy and computational efficiency of the Loewner framework for the system identification of mechanical systems, Aerospace, 10 (6) Article No. 571.
- Dessena G, Civera M, Zanotti Fragonara L, Ignatyev DI & Whidborne JF (2023) A Loewner-based system identification and structural health monitoring approach for mechanical systems, Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 2023 Article No. 1891062. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.16636279
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2023) Sparse online Gaussian process adaptation for incremental backstepping flight control, Aerospace Science and Technology, 136 (May) Article No. 108157.
- Grehan J, Ignatyev D & Zolotas A (2023) Fault detection in aircraft flight control actuators using support vector machines, Machines, 11 (2) Article No. 211.
- Dhami HS, Ignatyev D & Tsourdos A (2022) Semantic segmentation based mapping systems for the safe and precise landing of flying vehicles, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 55 (22) 310-315.
- Li D, Tsourdos A, Wang Z & Ignatyev D (2022) Nonlinear analysis for wing-rock system with adaptive control, Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, 45 (11) 2174-2181.
- Dessena G, Ignatyev DI, Whidborne JF, Pontillo A & Zanotti Fragonara L (2022) Ground vibration testing of a flexible wing: a benchmark and case study, Aerospace, 9 (8) Article No. 438. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.19077023
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S, Zolotas A & Tsourdos A (2021) Group design project in control engineering: Adapting to COVID-19 pandemic, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 54 (12) 68-73.
- Li D, Ignatyev D, Tsourdos A & Wang Z (2021) Region of attraction analysis for adaptive control of wing rock system, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 54 (14) 518-523.
- Strawa N, Ignatyev DI, Zolotas AC & Tsourdos A (2021) On-line learning and updating unmanned tracked vehicle dynamics, Electronics, 10 (2) Article No. 187. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.15156810.v1
- Ignatyev DI, Khrabrov AN, Kortukova AI, Alieva DA, Sidoryuk ME & Bazhenov SG (2020) Interplay of unsteady aerodynamics and flight dynamics of transport aircraft in icing conditions, Aerospace Science and Technology, 104 (September) Article No. 105914.
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2020) Fault detection, isolation and adaptive augmentation for incremental backstepping flight control, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 53 (2) 14799-14804.
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2020) Two-layer adaptive augmentation for incremental backstepping flight control of transport aircraft in uncertain conditions, Aerospace Science and Technology, 105 (October) Article No. 106051.
- Ignatyev DI, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2019) Two-layer on-line parameter estimation for adaptive incremental backstepping flight control for a transport aircraft in uncertain conditions, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 52 (12) 411-416.
- Ignatyev D, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2018) Bayesian calibration for multiple source regression model, Neurocomputing, 318 (November) 55-64.
- Ignatyev DI, Sidoryuk ME, Kolinko KA & Khrabrov AN (2017) Dynamic rig for validation of control algorithms at high angles of attack, Journal of Aircraft, 54 (5) 1760-1771.
- Ignatyev D & Khrabrov A (2014) Neural network modeling of unsteady aerodynamic characteristics at high angles of attack, Aerospace Science and Technology, 41 106-115.
- Youhanna V, Felicetti L & Ignatyev D (2023) Parametric analysis of battery-electric rotorcraft configurations to fly on Mars. In: Aerospace Europe Conference Joint 10th EUCASS - 9th CEAS Conference 2023, Lausanne, 9-13 July 2023.
- Biswas B, Ignatyev D, Zolotas A & Tsourdos A (2023) Construction of control Lyapunov function with region of attraction using union theorem in sum-of-squares optimization. In: 2023 IEEE 31st Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED), Limassol, 26-29 June 2023.
- Shimamune S & Ignatyev D (2023) Flettner-rotor-powered VTOL’s theoretical performances. In: 2023 AIAA Aviation and Aeronautics Forum and Exposition (AIAA AVIATION Forum), San Diego, 12-16 June 2023.
- Pashchapur RA, Pashchapur Y & Ignatyev D (2023) Low-cost multi-object positioning system with optical sensor fusion. In: AIAA SciTech Forum 2023, National Harbor, 23-27 January 2023.
- Dessena G, Ignatyev DI, Whidborne JF, Pontillo A & Zanotti Fragonara L (2022) Ground vibration testing of a high aspect ratio wing with revolving clamp. In: ICAS 2022: 33rd Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Stockholm, 4-9 September 2022.
- Beyçimen S, Ignatyev D & Zolotas A (2022) Predicting autonomous vehicle navigation parameters via image and image-and-point cloud fusion-based end-to-end methods. In: 2022 IEEE International Conference on Multisensor Fusion and Integration (MFI 2022), Cranfield, 20-22 September 2022.
- Castiblanco JM, Garcia-Nieto S, Ignatyev D & Blasco X (2022) THE TRAM-FPV RACING Open Database. Sequences complete indoor flight tests for the study of racing drones. In: XLIII Automatica 2022, Logrono, La Rioja, 7-9 September 2022. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.19896295
- Wang I-T, Ignatyev D, Inalhan G, Collins A, Cheng S & Stephen S (2022) Integrated compact electrically powered and signaled actuation systems. In: AIAA Aviation 2022 Forum, Chicago, IL, 27 June - 1 July 2022.
- Youhanna V, Ignatyev D & Felicetti L (2022) Futuristic Martian aerobot design. In: UK-RAS22: The 5th UK Robotics and Autonomous Systems Conference, Aberystwyth, 26 August 2022.
- Ignatyev D & Tsourdos A (2022) Incremental nonlinear dynamic inversion with sparse online Gaussian processes adaptation for partially unknown systems. In: 2022 30th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED), Vouliagmeni, 28 June - 1 July 2022.
- Leung THY, Ignatyev D & Zolotas A (2022) Hybrid terrain traversability analysis in off-road environments. In: 2022 8th International Conference on Automation, Robotics and Applications (ICARA), Prague, 18 February - 20 March 2022. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.19668642
- Ignatyev D, Shin H-S & Tsourdos A (2021) Gaussian process adaptive incremental backstepping flight control. In: AIAA SciTech Forum 2022, San Diego and Virtual Event, 3-7 January 2022.
- Li D, Ignatyev D, Tsourdos A & Wang Z (2021) Nonlinear analysis for wing rock system with adaptive control. In: AIAA SciTech Forum 2022, San Diego and Virtual Event, 3-7 January 2022.
- Ignatyev D, Sidoryuk M, Kolinko K & Khrabrov A (2016) Wind tunnel three-degree-of-freedom dynamic rig for control validation. In: ICAS 2016: 30th Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Daejeon, 25-30 September 2016.
- Ignatyev D, Zaripov K, Sidoryuk M, Kolinko K & Khrabrov A (2016) Wind tunnel tests for validation of control algorithms at high angles of attack using autonomous aircraft model mounted in 3DOF gimbals. In: 2016 AIAA Atmospheric Flight Mechanics Conference, San Diego, 4 January 2016.
- Ignatyev D & Khrabrov A (2014) Model of the unsteady aerodynamic characteristics at high AOA with nonlinear dependency in angular rate. In: 29th Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, 2014, St Petersburg, 7-12 September 2014.