Contact Dr Dawid Hanak
Areas of expertise
- Carbon Capture & Storage
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Conventional & Advanced Fuels
- Power Systems & Turbines
Dr Dawid P. Hanak is currently a Lecturer in Clean Energy at Cranfield University. He has received a B.Eng. degree (with distinction) in Environmental and Energy Engineering, and the M.Eng. degree in Power Engineering from Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland in 2012 and 2013, respectively. He also received the M.Sc. degree in Carbon Capture and Transport, and the Ph.D. degree in Carbon Capture Systems Engineering from Cranfield University, Cranfield, UK in 2013 and 2016, respectively. Dr Hanak has held research positions at Cranfield University, and has been leading process modelling activities in a portfolio of research projects in the areas of Energy Systems and Carbon Capture and Storage. His research interest includes low-emission power generation and industrial processes, sustainable energy systems, fossil fuel power plants retrofits with CO2 capture systems, probabilistic techno-economic performance assessment, and reliability analysis. His expertise is in process simulation and modelling of power generation and CO2 capture systems, and statistical analysis of engineering data.
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Origen Power Ltd
- Cambridge Engineering
Analysis & Design Ltd (CEAD)
- Epicam Ltd
Articles In Journals
- Osagie E, Biliyok C, Di Lorenzo G, Hanak DP & Manovic V (2018) Techno-economic evaluation of the 2-amino-2-methyl-1-propanol (AMP) process for CO 2 capture from natural gas combined cycle power plant, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 70 45-56.
- Hanak DP & Manovic V (2018) Combined heat and power generation with lime production for direct air capture, Energy Conversion and Management, 160 (March) 455-466. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.5818083
- Diglio G, Hanak DP, Bareschino P, Pepe F, Montagnaro F & Manovic V (2018) Modelling of sorption-enhanced steam methane reforming in a fixed bed reactor network integrated with fuel cell, Applied Energy, 210 1-5.
- Hanak DP, Erans M, Nabavi SA, Jeremias M, Romeo LM & Manovic V (2018) Technical and economic feasibility evaluation of calcium looping with no CO2 recirculation, Chemical Engineering Journal, 335 763-773.
- Hanak DP & Manovic V (2018) Techno-economic feasibility assessment of CO2 capture from coal-fired power plants using molecularly imprinted polymer, Fuel, 214 (February) 512-520.
- Onyebuchi VE, Kolios A, Hanak DP, Biliyok C & Manovic V (2018) A systematic review of key challenges of CO2 transport via pipelines, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 81 (2) 2563-2583.
- Hanak DP & Manovic V (2017) Economic feasibility of calcium looping under uncertainty, Applied Energy, 208 691-702.
- Diglio G, Hanak DP, Bareschino P, Mancusi E, Pepe F, Montagnaro F & Manovic V (2017) Techno-economic analysis of sorption-enhanced steam methane reforming in a fixed bed reactor network integrated with fuel cell, Journal of Power Sources, 364 41-51.
- Hanak DP, Jenkins B, Kruger T & Manovic V (2017) High-efficiency negative-carbon emission power generation from integrated solid-oxide fuel cell and calciner, Applied Energy, 205 1189-1201.
- Hanak DH & Manovic V (2017) Calcium looping combustion for high-efficiency low-emission power generation, Journal of Cleaner Production , 161 245-255. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.5032223
- Hanak DH, Powell D & Manovic V (2017) Techno-economic analysis of oxy-combustion coal-fired power plant with cryogenic oxygen storage, Applied Energy, 191 (April) 193-203.
- Hanak DP, Kolios A, Onabanjo T, Wagland ST, Patchigolla K, Fidalgo B, Manovic V, McAdam E, Parker A, Williams L, Tyrrel S & Cartmell E (2016) Conceptual energy and water recovery system for self-sustained nano membrane toilet, Energy Conversion and Management, 126 352-361.
- Hanak, DP, Biliyok C, Anthony, E, Manovic & V (2016) Evaluation of a calcium looping CO2 capture plant retrofit to a coal-fired power plant., Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 38 2115-2120.
- Onabanjo T, Kolios A, Patchigolla K, Wagland ST, Fidalgo B, Jurado N, Hanak DP, Manovic V, Parker A, McAdam E, Williams L, Tyrrel S & Cartmell E (2016) An experimental investigation of the combustion performance of human faeces, Fuel, 184 (November) 780-791.
- Hanak DP, Kolios AJ & Manovic V (2016) Comparison of probabilistic performance of calcium looping and chemical solvent scrubbing retrofits for CO2 capture from coal-fired power plant, Applied Energy, 172 (June) 323-336.
- Hanak DP & Manovic V (2016) Calcium looping with supercritical CO2 cycle for decarbonisation of coal-fired power plant, Energy, 102 (May) 343-353.
- Hanak DP, Biliyok C & Manovic V. (2016) Calcium looping with inherent energy storage for decarbonisation of coal-fired power plant, Energy and Environmental Science, 9 (3) 971-983.
- Hanak DP, Kolios AJ, Biliyok C & Manovic V (2015) Probabilistic performance assessment of a coal-fired power plant, Applied Energy, 139 350-364.
- Hanak DP, Anthony EJ & Manovic V (2015) A review of developments in pilot-plant testing and modelling of calcium looping process for CO2 capture from power generation systems, Energy and Environmental Science, 2015 (8) 2199-2249.
- Hanak DP, Biliyok C, Anthony EJ & Manovic V (2015) Modelling and comparison of calcium looping and chemical solvent scrubbing retrofits for CO2 capture from coal-fired power plant, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 42 226-236.
- Erans M, Hanak DP, Mir J, Anthony EJ & Manovic V (2015) Process modelling and techno-economic analysis of natural gas combined cycle integrated with calcium looping, Thermal Science, 20 (Supplement 1) 59-67.
- Hanak DP, Biliyok C & Manovic V (2015) Efficiency improvements for the coal-fired power plant retrofit with CO2 capture plant using chilled ammonia process, Applied Energy, 151 258-272.
- Hanak DP, Biliyok C & Manovic V (2015) Evaluation and Modeling of Part-Load Performance of Coal-Fired Power Plant with Postcombustion CO2 Capture, Energy and Fuels, 29 (6) 3833-3844.
- Biliyok C, Canepa R & Hanak DP (2015) Investigation of Alternative Strategies for Integrating Post-combustion CO2 Capture to a Natural Gas Combined Cycle Power Plant, Energy and Fuels, 29 (7) 4624-4633.
- Hanak DP, Biliyok C, Yeung H & Bialecki R (2014) Heat integration and exergy analysis for a supercritical high-ash coal-fired power plant integrated with a post-combustion carbon capture process, Fuel, 134 (October) 126-139.