Contact Dr Davide Di Pasquale
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
- Aircraft Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Flight Physics
Davide Di Pasquale graduated as a MEng Aeronautical from the University of Palermo, Italy in April 2004. In 2005 he obtained an MSc in `Space Transportation Systems' from the University of Rome "La Sapienza". After the Master, he was employed as researcher under contract with the University of Rome “La Sapienza”. Most of the research work was undertaken in the premises of ELV/AVIO S.p.A. an Italian aerospace Industry, where he performed research activity on different aspect of the Vega launcher (ESA Project) during its design phase. In March 2007 he was awarded a 33 months Marie Curie fellowship for Early Stage Researcher Training at the Department of Engineering, University of Leicester. In February 2010 he was awarded of an HPC-Europa 2 grant Transnational Access Fellowship with the project title “CFD Transition on distributed memory” at CINECA, Italy. In February 2015, he was appointed as Research Assistant at Cranfield University, SATM, Centre for Propulsion Engineering. As part of this role, he worked as subcontractor at Airbus, Filton UK, for several years, mainly on developing new capability for aerodynamic optimisation. In November 2017, he was appointed as Research Fellow in the Applied Aerodynamics group within the Centre for Aeronautics at Cranfield University. He has been involved in several UK and an EU research projects. Dr Davide Di Pasquale latest work has been focused on a range of multi-objective optimisation developments, and virtual test bed simulations for aircraft design. He collaborates closely with others at Cranfield on multi-disciplinary computational engineering design optimisation for minimising the impact of aviation on the environment; embracing emission studies, such as Boundary Layer Ingestion technologies. He also continues to work in cooperation with colleagues at a number of other UK institutions; currently with a main focus on aircraft/engine performance and integration, high-lift and novel configurations, aerodynamic noise, and flow control.
Currently working on different Aerospace Technology Institute (ATI) projects led by Airbus and on a NATO applied vehicle technology project.
Research in Flight®
Articles In Journals
- Di Pasquale D & Savill M (2022) The importance of coupling aerodynamic and cost analysis in aircraft design, CEAS Aeronautical Journal, Available online 3 August 2022.
- Kim T, Kipouros T, Brintrup A, Farnfield J & Di Pasquale D (2022) Optimisation of aero-manufacturing characteristics of aircraft ribs, The Aeronautical Journal, 126 (1299) 866-888.
- Di Pasquale D, Gore D, Savill M, Kipouros T & Holden C (2019) Aircraft cost modelling, integrated in a multidisciplinary design context, Engineering and Applied Sciences, 4 (6) 169-189.
- Di Pasquale D & Bolart C (2021) Validating surrogate models and incorporating uncertainty quantification in multi-element airfoil design optimisation. In: ICAS 2021: 32nd Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Shanghai, 6-10 September 2021.
- Di Pasquale D, Verma D & Pagliuca G (2021) Blended wing body (BWB) planform multidisciplinary optimisation (MDO) for early stage aircraft design using model based engineering. In: ICAS 2021: 32nd Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, Shanghai, 6-10 September 2021.
- Prince SA, Di Pasquale D & Garry K (2020) Progress towards a rapid method for conceptual aerodynamic design for transonic cruise. In: 2020 AIAA SciTech Forum, Orlando, Florida, 6-10 January 2020.
- Prince S, Di Pasquale D, Garry K & Nuzzo C (2018) A rapid aerodynamic prediction method for unconventional transonic aircraft configurations. In: 31st Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, 2018, Belo Horizonte, 9-14 September 2018.
- Garry K, Di Pasquale D, Prince S & Lawson N (2018) The influence of SPIV data processing parameters on aircraft wing wake vortex assessment. In: 31st Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences, 2018, Belo Horizonte, 9-14 September 2018.
- Soares RF, Garry K, Holt J & Di Pasquale D (2018) A wake analysis of four DrivAer configurations: on the experimental measurements using total pressure rake. In: International Conference on Vehicle Aerodynamics, Birmingham, 16-17 October 2018.
- Di Pasquale D, Gore D, Savill M & Kipouros T (2017) Multi-disciplinary integrated aircraft cost suite for optimisation study. In: 15th International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR 2017), Greenwich, London, 5-7 September 2017.
- Di Pasquale D, Cross M, Savill M & Kipouros T (2017) Automated multi-objective surrogate based optimisation for high lift airfoil under kinematic constraint. In: 19th International Conference on Computational Optimization, Modelling and Optimization, Cape Town, 2-3 November 2017.
- Di Pasquale D, Gore D, Savill M, Kipouros T & Holden C (2016) Cost modelling for aircraft in a multi-disciplinary design context. In: 14th International Conference on Manufacturing Research (ICMR 2016), Loughborough, 6-8 September 2016.
- Di Pasquale D, Zhu F, Cross M, Savill M & Kipouros T (2016) Integrated system to perform surrogate based aerodynamic optimisation for high-lift airfoil. In: 5th International Conference on Engineering Optimization - EngOpt 2016, Iguassu Falls, 19-23 June 2016.
- Di Pasquale D, Holden C, Kipouros T & Savill M. (2014) An automatic aerodynamic design process in an industrial multi-disciplinary context. In: Joint 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics, WCCM 2014, the 5th European Conference on Computational Mechanics, ECCM 2014 and the 6th European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics, ECFD 2014, Barcelona, 20-25 July 2014.
- Di Pasquale D & Rona A (2010) Data assessment of two Ercoftac transition test cases for CFD validation. In: 7th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics (HEFAT2010),, Antalya, 19-21 July 2010.
- Di Pasquale D, Rona A & Garrett SJ (2009) A selective review of CFD transition models. In: 39th AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference 2009, San Antonio, TX, 22-25 June 2009.
- Rona A, Di Pasquale D & Gostelow JP (2008) Implementing and testing a natural transition model in a multi-block finite-volume time resolved RANS scheme. In: ECCOMAS 2008: 5th European Conference on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering, Venice, 30 June - 4 July 2008.