Contact Dr David Galvao Wall
Areas of expertise
- Aeronautical Systems
- Autonomous Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Defence Sensors
- Flight Physics
- Systems Engineering
- Weapons Engineering
David is a Lecturer in Flight Dynamics within Cranfield University’s Aeromechanical Systems Group at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom and is the Course Director for the university's Guided Weapon Systems MSc Course at Shrivenham. He has been teaching and researching since 2014.
He graduated with a combined Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering with Private Pilot Instruction from The University of Sheffield in 2010 and was awarded a PhD in Defence Engineering in 2016 for research into autonomous robotic manipulator control and guidance.
- UK Ministry of Defence
- Defence Academy of the United Kingdom
- BAE Systems
Articles In Journals
- Vincent RV, Economou J, Wall DG & Cleminson J (2019) H∞/LQR optimal control for a supersonic air-breathing missile of asymmetric configuration, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 52 (12) 214-218.
- Wall DG, Economou J & Knowles K (2018) Quasi-real-time confined environment path generation for mobile robotic manipulator arms, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, 232 (3) 1-15.
- Wall DG, Economou J, Goyder H, Knowles K, Silson P & Lawrance M (2015) Mobile robot arm trajectory generation for operation in confined environments, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, 229 (3) 215-234.