Contact Dr David Galvao Wall
Areas of expertise
- Aeronautical Systems
- Autonomous Systems
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Defence Sensors
- Flight Physics
- Systems Engineering
- Weapons Engineering
David is a Lecturer in Flight Dynamics within Cranfield University’s Aeromechanical Systems Group at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom and is the Course Director for the university's Guided Weapon Systems MSc Course at Shrivenham. He has been teaching and researching since 2014.
He graduated with a combined Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering with Private Pilot Instruction from The University of Sheffield in 2010 and was awarded a PhD in Defence Engineering in 2016 for research into autonomous robotic manipulator control and guidance.
David is currently carrying out research and supervising research students in the areas of aerial and ground vehicle guidance, navigation and control, decision making for sliding autonomy for vehicles, control optimisation and trajectory generation and inertial tracking.
David is heavily involved in the management and delivery of MSc courses, including being Course Director of the Guided Weapon Systems MSc programme. He delivers teaching in the fields of aircraft dynamics, control and guidance, as well as ground vehicle dynamics and control, and sensors for mapping and navigation across a large number of defence-based MSc programmes and short courses within Cranfield Defence and Security.
- UK Ministry of Defence
- Defence Academy of the United Kingdom
- BAE Systems
Articles In Journals
- Maton D, Economou JT, Galvão Wall D, Ward D & Trythall S (2023) Subtractive clustering Takagi-Sugeno position tracking for humans by low-cost inertial sensors and velocity classification, Measurement and Control, 56 (9-10) 1534-1544. Dataset/s: 10.20383/102.0543
- Hamilton J, Galvão Wall D, Saddington AJ & Economou JT (2020) Hypersurface normalised gain-scheduled controller for a non-linear 6-DOF fast jet, Aerospace Science and Technology, 106 (November) Article No. 106155.
- Vincent RV, Economou J, Wall DG & Cleminson J (2019) H∞/LQR optimal control for a supersonic air-breathing missile of asymmetric configuration, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 52 (12) 214-218.
- Galvao Wall D, Economou J & Knowles K (2018) Quasi-real-time confined environment path generation for mobile robotic manipulator arms, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, 232 (3) 270-284.
- Wall DG, Economou J, Goyder H, Knowles K, Silson P & Lawrance M (2015) Mobile robot arm trajectory generation for operation in confined environments, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, 229 (3) 215-234.