Contact Dr Christos Emmanouilidis
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 758355
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linkedin: https://uk.linkedin.com/pub/christos-emmanouilidis/3/144/aaa
Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Industrial Automation
- Instrumentation & Sensors
- Safety, Resilience, Risk & Reliability
- Sensor Technologies
- Systems Engineering
- Throughlife Engineering Services
BackgroundChristos Emmanouilidis (Dipl. Elec. Eng, MSc, PhD) is a Senior IEEE Member, a Founding Fellow of the International Society of Engineering Asset Management (ISEAM), a member of the IFIP WG5.7 ‘Advances in Production Management Systems’ and is currently serving as Secretary of the IFIP TC5.1 WG A-MEST on Advanced Maintenance Engineering Services and Technologies. He has been a Research Director and Senior Researcher at ATHENA Research and Innovation Centre, Greece. He has acted as a Visiting Professor at the Department of Industrial Engineering, Politecnico di Milano and as adjunct Assistant Professor at the Departments of Production and Management Engineering & Electrical & Computer Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, having taught Industrial Information Systems, Asset Lifecycle Management, Operating Systems, Pattern Recognition and Decision Analysis & Game Theory. He has acted as Adviser on research and innovation to Regional Government and as independent Innovation expert on Smart Specialisation for the EC's JRC. He has served as Senior Project Manager at ZENON SA Automation Technologies, Greece and offered consultancy expertise for several private high-tech enterprises. He has been involved for 20 years in all aspects of RDI projects, including Principal Investigator or co-Investigator roles.
Current activitiesChristos Emmanouilidis is a Senior Lecturer at Cranfield University, UK, on Internet of Things and Analytics, within the Through-Life Engineering Services Centre, in the School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing. His research portfolio is in the area of Urban & Industrial Informatics, employing Context-Aware Computing, Machine Learning and Data Analytics, as well as Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet of Things Technologies to serve applications needs in Engineering Services, Asset Lifecycle & Maintenance Management, Industrial Automation, as well as Smart Cities & Technology-Enhanced Learning. His current teaching portfolio includes Information Management, Internet of Things, Data Analytics, and Engineering Services.
Christos is Programme Director of the Services 4.0 course. This is a residential course at Cranfield delivered in two modules, including flexible one-to-one coaching. The will guide you through the introduction of Industry 4.0 technologies and services strategies to your business, enabling you to lead the Services 4.0 business transformation within your organisation.
Articles In Journals
- Emmanouilidis C, Pistofidis P, Bertoncelj L, Katsouros V, Fournaris A, Koulamas C & Ruiz-Carcel C (2019) Enabling the human in the loop: Linked data and knowledge in industrial cyber-physical systems, Annual Reviews in Control, Early online.
- Tedeschi S, Rodrigues D, Emmanouilidis C, Erkoyuncu J, Roy R & Starr A (2018) A cost estimation approach for IoT modular architectures implementation in legacy systems, Procedia Manufacturing, 19 103-110.
- Katsouros V, Koulamas C, Fournaris A & Emmanouilidis C (2016) Embedded event detection for self-aware and safer assets, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 48 (21) 802-807.
- Pistofidis P, Emmanouilidis C, Papadopopoulos A & Botsaris PN (2016) Management of linked knowledge in industrial maintenance, Industrial Management and Data Systems, 116 (8) 1741-1758.
- El-Kadiri S, Grabot B, Thoben K.-D, Hribernik K, Emmanouilidis C, von Cieminski G & Dimitris Kiritsis D (2015) Current trends on ICT technologies for Enterprise Information Systems, Computers in Industry, 79 14-33.
- Papathanassiou N, Pistofidis P & Emmanouilidis C (2013) Competencies development and self-assessment in maintenance management e-training, European Journal of Engineering Education, 38 (5) 497-511.
- Katsouros V, Papavassiliou V & Emmanouilidis C (2013) A Bayesian approach for maintenance action recommendation, International Journal of Prognostics and Health Management, 4 (2).
- Kouskouridas R, Gasteratos A & Emmanouilidis C (2013) Efficient representation and feature extraction for neural network-based 3D object pose estimation, Neurocomputing, 120 90-100.
- Pistofidis P & Emmanouilidis C (2012) Developing advanced context aware tools for mobile maintenance, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 45 (31) 133-138.
- Papathanasiou N, Emmanouilidis C, Pistofidis P & Karampatzakis D (2012) E-Learning and context aware e-Support software for maintenance, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 364 (1) 1-10.
- Emmanouilidis C, Koutsiamanis R & Tasidou A (2012) Mobile guides: Taxonomy of architectures, context awareness, technologies and applications, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 36 (1) 103-125.
- Jantunen E, Emmanouilidis C, Arnaiz A & Gilabert E (2011) E-Maintenance: Trends, challenges and opportunities for modern industry, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 44 (1) 453-458.
- Emmanouilidis C, Papathanassiou N, Pistofidis P & Labib A (2010) Maintenance Management e-training: What we learn from the users, IFAC-PapersOnLine, 43 (3) 36-41.
- Emmanouilidis C, Liyanage J & Jantunen E (2009) Mobile solutions for engineering asset and maintenance management, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, 15 (1) 92-105.
- Bairaktaris D, Delis V, Emmanouilidis C, Frondistou-Yannas S, Gratsias K, Kallidromitis V & Rerras N (2007) Decision-support system for the rehabilitation of deteriorating sewers, Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 21 (3) 240-248. Dataset/s: 10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3828(2007)21:3(240)
- Emmanouilidis C, Jantunen E & MacIntyre J (2006) Flexible software for condition monitoring, incorporating novelty detection and diagnostics, Computers in Industry, 57 (6) 516-527. Dataset/s: 10.1016/j.compind.2006.02.012
- Blakeley B, Emmanouilidis C & Hrissagis K (2005) Above-ground storage tank inspection using the 'Robot Inspector', Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring, 47 (11) 705-708.
- Emmanouilides C & Petrou L (1997) Identification and control of anaerobic digesters using adaptive, on-line trained neural networks, Computers and Chemical Engineering, 21 (1) 113-143.
- Sezer E, Romero D, Guedea F, Macchi M & Emmanouilidis (2018) An industry 4.0-enabled low cost predictive maintenance approach for SMEs: a use case applied to a CNC turning centre. In: 2018 IEEE International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC), Stuttgart, 17-20 June 2018.
- Tedeschi S, Emmanouilidis C, Farnsworth M, Mehnen J & Roy R (2017) New threats for old manufacturing problems: Secure IoT-Enabled monitoring of legacy production machinery. In: APMS 2017: IFIP International Conference on Advances in Production Management Systems: The Path to Intelligent, Collaborative, and Sustainable Manufacturing, Hamburg, 3-7 September 2017.
- Emmanouilidis C, Pistofidis P, Fournaris A, Bevilacqua M, Durazo-Cardenas I, Botsaris PN, Katsouros V, Koulamas C & Starr AG (2016) Context-based and human-centred information fusion in diagnostics. In: 3rd IFAc Workshop on Advanced Maintenance Engineering, Services and Technology AMEST 2016, Biarritz, 19-21 October 2016.
- Tolias Y & Emmanouilidis C (2014) Cross-mapping of regional research and production landscapes: Methodological issues and implications for elaborating regional innovation strategies. In: 2014 International ICE Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation, Bergamo, 23-25 June 2014.
- Charalampous K, Kostavelis I, Chantzakou F, Volanis E, Emmanouilidis C, Tsalides P & Gasteratos A (2014) Place categorization through object classification. In: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST), Santorini, 14-17 October 2014.
- Charalampous K, Emmanouilidis C & Gasteratos A (2014) Social mapping on RGB-D scenes. In: 2014 IEEE International Conference on Imaging Systems and Techniques (IST), Santorini, 14-17 October 2014.
- Pistofidis P, Emmanouilidis C, Koulamas C, Karampatzakis D & Papathanassiou N (2012) A layered e-maintenance architecture powered by smart wireless monitoring components. In: 2012 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), Athens, 19-21 March 2012.
- Emmanouilidis C, Pistofidis P, Papathanassiou N & Labid A (2011) Competencies in maintenance management: The iLearn2Main tools for training and competence assessment. In: 2011 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference (EDUCON), Amman, 4-6 April 2011.
- Papathanassiou N & Emmanouilidis C (2010) E-learning in maintenance management training and competence assessment: Development and demonstration. In: 4th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (WCEAM 2009), Athens, 28-30 September 2009.
- Emmanouilidis C & Pistofidis P (2009) Design requirements for wireless sensor-based novelty detection in machinery condition monitoring. In: 4th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (WCEAM 2009), Athens, 28-30 September 2009.
- Emmanouilidis C, Batsalas C & Papamarkos N (2009) Development and evaluation of text localization techniques based on structural texture features and neural classifiers. In: CDAR2009 - 10th International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, Barcelona, 26 August 2009 - 29 August 2016.
- Jantunen E, Gilabert E, Emmanoulidis C & Adgar A (2009) E-Maintenance, a means to high overall efficiency. In: 4th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management: Engineering Asset Lifecycle Management, WCEAM 2009, Athens, 28-30 August 2009.
- Emmanouilidis C, Labib A, Franlund J, Dontsiou M, Elina L & Borcos M (2009) ILEARN2MAIN-an elearning system for maintenance management training. In: 4th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management: Engineering Asset Lifecycle Management, WCEAM 2009, Athens, 28-30 August 2009.
- Emmanouilidis C, Hunter A & MacIntyre J (2000) Multiobjective evolutionary setting for feature selection and a commonality-based crossover operator. In: Proceedings of the 2000 Congress on Evolutionary Computation, La Jolla, California, 16-19 July 2000. Dataset/s: 10.1784/insi.2005.47.11.705
- Emmanouilidis C, Hunter A, MacIntyre J & Cox C (1999) Multiple-criteria genetic algorithms for feature selection in neurofuzzy modeling. In: International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN'99), Washingon DC, 10-16 July 1999.
- Emmanouilidis C, Hunter A, MacIntyre J & Cox C (1999) Selecting features in neurofuzzy modelling by multiobjective genetic algorithms. In: 9th International Conference on 'Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN99)', Edinburgh, 7-10 September 1999.
- Alenezi A. & Emmanouilidis C. (2017) Utilising learning analytics in knowledge management adoption for effective manufacturing education. In: Advances in Manufacturing Technology XXXI: Volume 6, Netherlands: IOS Press BV, p. 534-539.
- Refanidis I, Emmanouilidis C, Sakellariou I, Alexiadis A, Koutsiamanis R, Agnantis K, Tasidou A, Kokkoras F & Efraimidis P (2014) myVisitPlannerGR: Personalized itinerary planning system for tourism. In: Artificial Intelligence: Methods and Applications: 8th Hellenic Conference on AI, SETN 2014, Ioannina, Greece, May 15-17, 2014. Proceedings, Berlin: Springer International Publishing, p. 615-629.
- Papathanasiou N, Karampatzakis D, Koulouriotis D & Emmanouilidis C (2014) Mobile Personalised Support in Industrial Environments: Coupling Learning with Context - Aware Features. In: Advances in Production Management Systems. Innovative and Knowledge-Based Production Management in a Global-Local World: IFIP WG 5.7 International Conference, APMS 2014, Ajaccio, France, September 20-24, 2014, Proceedings, Part I, Springer: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, p. 298-306.
- Emmanouilidis C & Riziotis C (2014) Wireless condition monitoring integrating smart computing and optical sensor technologies. In: Engineering Asset Management - Systems, Professional Practices and Certification: Proceedings of the 8th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (WCEAM 2013) & the 3rd International Conference on Utility Management & Safety (ICUMAS), Heidelberg: Springer, p. 1389-1400, ed. Peter W. Tse, Joseph Mathew, King Wong, Rocky Lam, C.N. Ko.
- Papathanassiou N, Emmanouilidis C, Pistofidis P & Karampatzakis D (2013) Context aware e-Support in e-Maintenance. In: Advances in Production Management Systems. Competitive Manufacturing for Innovative Products and Services, Berlin: Springer, p. 574-581.
- Gilabert E, Jantunen E, Emmanouilidis C, Starr A & Arnaiz A (2013) Optimizing E-maintenance through intelligent data processing systems. In: Engineering Asset Management 2011, London: Springer, p. 1-9.
- Pistofidis P & Emmanouilidis C (2013) Profiling context awareness in mobile and cloud based engineering asset management. In: Advances in Production Management Systems: Competitive Manufacturing for Innovative Products and Services, Heidelberg: Springer, p. 17-24.
- Giannoulis S, Koulamas C, Emmanouilidis C, Pistofidis P & Karampatzakis D (2013) Wireless sensor network technologies for condition monitoring of industrial assets. In: Advances in Production Management Systems: Competitive Manufacturing for Innovative Products and Services, Heidelberg: Springer, p. 33-40.
- Emmanouilidis C & Spais V (2010) E-training in maintenance. In: E-Maintenance, Springer, p. 475-506.
- Jantunen E, Giordamlis C, Adgar A & Emmanouilidis C (2010) Mobile devices and services, Berlin, Germany: Springer, p. 227-246.
- Emmanouilidis C & Pistofidis P (2010) Wireless condition monitoring and embedded novelty detection. In: Definitions, concepts and scope of engineering asset management, Berlin, Germany: Springer, p. 195-238.
- Krommenacker N, Lecuire V, Salles N, Katsikas S, Giordamlis C & Emmanouilidis C (2010) Wireless communication. In: E-maintenance, Berlin, Germany: Springer, p. 247-272.
- Liyanage J, Lee J, Emmanouilidis C & Ni J (2009) Integrated E-maintenance and intelligent maintenance systems. In: Handbook of Maintenance Management and Engineering, Springer, p. 499-544. Dataset/s: 10.1007/978-1-84882-472-0_20