Contact Dr Chris Walton
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 752974
- Email: email@example.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopher-walton-63419114?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic
Areas of expertise
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biosensors & Diagnostics
- Environment and Health
- Food waste
- Instrumentation & Sensors
- Natural capital
- Water Science & Engineering
- BSc Biological Sciences, University of Leicester
- MSc Biological Computation, University of York
- PhD Bioengineering (cardiac pacemakers), CNAA
- MSc Medical Diagnostics, Cranfield University.
Dr Chris Walton's research career has spanned three decades and an eclectic mix of disciplines including engineering, software development, mathematical modelling, database design, metabolic medicine and statistics.
Chris is a Member of the Institute of Biology, a Chartered Biologist, and an Affiliate of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Trace gas analysis for medical diagnostics
- Vehicle air quality monitoring
- Sensor-based systems for volatiles analysis.
- Department for Transport
- Wellcome Trust
- Technology Strategy Board
- Thales UK
- Johnson Matthey
- Nutriad Ltd
- Consultancy and air quality monitoring for SMEs and other organisations.
Articles In Journals
- Mercer E, Davey CJ, Campo-Moreno P, Fowler D, Williams L, Kolios A, Parker AH, Tyrrel S, Walton C, Cartmell E, Pidou M & McAdam EJ (2019) Quantification of liquid phase faecal odourants to evaluate membrane technology for wastewater reuse from decentralised sanitation facilities, Environmental Science: Water Research and Technology, 5 (1) 161-171.
- Walton C, Montoya MPB, Fowler DP, Turner C, Jia W, Whitehead RN, Griffiths L, Waring RH, Ramsden DB, Cole JA, Cauchi M, Bessant C, Naylor SJ & Hunter JO (2016) Enteral feeding reduces metabolic activity of the intestinal microbiome in Crohn’s disease: an observational study, European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 70 (9) 1052-1056.
- Walton C, Patel MK, Pitts DG, Knight PV, Hoashi S, Evans M & Turner C (2014) The use of a portable breath analysis device in monitoring type 1 diabetes patients in a hypoglycaemic clamp: Validation with SIFT-MS data, Journal of Breath Research, 8 (3).
- Cauchi M, Fowler D, Walton C, Turner C, Jia W, Whitehead R, Griffiths L, Dawson C, Bai H, Waring R, Ramsden D, Hunter J, Cole J & Bessant C (2014) Application of gas chromatography mass spectrometry (GC-MS) in conjunction with multivariate classification for the diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases, Metabolomics, 10 (6) 1113-1120.
- Walton C, Fowler DP, Turner C, Jia W, Whitehead RN, Griffiths L, Dawson C, Waring RH, Ramsden DB, Cole JA, Cauchi M, Bessant C & Hunter JO (2013) Analysis of volatile organic compounds of bacterial origin in chronic gastrointestinal diseases, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, 19 (10) 2069-2078.
- Jia W, Whitehead RN, Griffiths L, Dawson C, Bai H, Waring RH, Ramsden DB, Hunter JO, Cauchi M, Bessant C, Fowler DP, Walton C, Turner C & Cole JA (2012) Diversity and distribution of sulphate-reducing bacteria in human faeces from healthy subjects and patients with inflammatory bowel disease, FEMS Immunology and Medical Microbiology, 65 (1) 55-68.
- Jia W, Griffiths L, Whitehead R, Basser SJ, Dawson C, Turner C, Bessant C, Fowler D, Walton C, Ramsden D, Waring R, Cole J & Hunter JO (2010) Abundance of sulphate reducing bacteria in inflammatory bowel disease, Gut, 59 (Suppl 1) A97-A98.
- Turner C, Walton C, Hoashi S & Evans M (2009) Breath acetone concentration decreases with blood glucose concentration in type I diabetes mellitus patients during hypoglycaemic clamps, Journal of Breath Research, 3 (4) Article No. 046004.
- Coulon F, Orsi R, Turner C, Walton C, Daly P & Pollard SJT (2009) Understanding the fate and transport of petroleum hydrocarbons from coal tar within gasholders, Environment International, 35 (2) 248-252.
- Turner C, Parekh B, Walton C, Španěl P, Smith D & Evans M (2008) An exploratory comparative study of volatile compounds in exhaled breath and emitted by skin using selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry, Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 22 (4) 526-532.
- Godsland IF, Bruce R, Jeffs JAR, Leyva F, Walton C & Stevenson JC (2004) Inflammation markers and erythrocyte sedimentation rate but not metabolic syndrome factor score predict coronary heart disease in high socioeconomic class males: the HDDRISC study, International Journal of Cardiology, 97 (3) 543-550.
- Godsland IF & Walton C (2001) Maximizing the success rate of minimal model insulin sensitivity measurement in humans: the importance of basal glucose levels, Clinical Science, 101 (1) 1-9.
- Bruce R, Godsland I, Walton C, Crook D & Wynn V (1994) Associations between insulin sensitivity, and free fatty acid and triglyceride metabolism independent of uncomplicated obesity, Metabolism, 43 (10) 1275-1281.
- Swan JW, Walton C & Godsland IF (1994) Assessment of insulin sensitivity in man: A comparison of minimal model- and euglycaemic clamp-derived measures in health and heart failure, Clinical Science, 86 (3) 317-322.
- Walton C, Godsland IF, Proudler AJ, Felton CV & Wynn V (1992) An apparently anomalous relationship between insulin and C-peptide concentrations in their initial response to intravenous glucose, Metabolism, 41 (11) 1210-1214.
- Francis D, Hodgkinson J, Walton C, Sizer J, Black P, Livingstone B, Fowler DP, Patel MK & Tatam RP (2017) Mid-IR spectroscopic instrumentation for point-of-care diagnosis using a hollow silica waveguide gas cell. In: Photonics West, San Francisco, CA, 27 January - 1 February 2017.
- Orsi R, Turner C, Walton C, Pollard SJT, Daly P & Coulon F (2008) Evaluation of vapour emissions aiming former gasholder decommissioning. In: ConSoil 2008 : 10th International conference on soil-water systems, Milan, 3-6 June 2008.