Contact Dr Chawki Abdessemed
Areas of expertise
- Aircraft Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Gas Turbines & Propulsion
Current research focus:
Research in the area of propulsion systems aerodynamic integration within the Rolls-Royce University Technology Centre (UTC).
Development and delivery of aerodynamic tools and software for the analysis and optimisation of aero-engine intakes, nacelles and nozzles.
Preliminary assessment of aerodynamic performance including drag and aero-engine installation effects.
Currently, acting as a guest editor for Fluids journal Special Issue "Modelling and Simulation of Turbulent Flows"
which is dedicated to the recent advances in computational modelling
and simulation of turbulent flows including numerical methods
development and its applications.
Please get in touch if you have a paper which fits within the scope of the special issue.
- Advanced Product Concept Analysis Environment project (APROCONE) (delivered)
- Powerplant Integration of Novel Engine systems (PINES)(current)
- Fan And Nacelle Future Aerodynamic Research (FANFARE) (current)
- Multidisciplinary design optimisation
- Dimensionality reduction
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Unsteady Aerodynamics
- RANS-LES modeling
- Morphing wings
- High-Lift System Aerodynamics
- Green Aviation
- Machine learning
- Rolls-Royce plc
Articles In Journals
- Abdessemed C, Bouferrouk A & Yao Y (2022) Effects of an unsteady morphing wing with seamless side-edge transition on aerodynamic performance, Energies, 15 (3) Article No. 1093.
- Abdessemed C, Yao Y & Bouferrouk A (2021) Near stall unsteady flow responses to morphing flap deflections, Fluids, 6 (5) Article No. 180.
- Abdessemed C, Bouferrouk A & Yao Y (2021) Aerodynamic and aeroacoustic analysis of a harmonically morphing airfoil using dynamic meshing, Acoustics, 3 (1) 177-199.
- Abdessemed C, Yao Y, Bouferrouk A & Narayan P (2018) Morphing airfoils analysis using dynamic meshing, International Journal of Numerical Methods for Heat and Fluid Flow, 28 (5) 1117-1133.
- Abdessemed C, Yao Y, Bouferrouk A & Narayan P (2019) Flow response to rapid morphing flap deflection. In: 54th 3AF International Conference on Applied Aerodynamics, Paris, 25-27 March 2019.
- Abdessemed C, Yao Y, Bouferrouk A & Narayan P (2019) Influence of non-iterative time-advancement schemes on the aerodynamic prediction of pitching airfoils using dynamic mesh. In: 8th International Symposium on Physics of Fluids (ISPF8), Xian, 10-13 June 2019.
- Abdessemed C, Yao Y, Bouferrouk A & Narayan P (2018) Analysis of a 3D unsteady morphing wing with seamless side-edge transition. In: 2018 Applied Aerodynamics Conference AIAA Aviation Forum, Atlanta, 25-29 June 2018.
- Abdessemed C, Yao Y, Bouferrouk A & Narayan P (2018) Aerodynamic analysis of a harmonically morphing flap using a hybrid turbulence model and dynamic meshing. In: 2018 Applied Aerodynamics Conference AIAA Aviation Forum, Atlanta, 25-29 June 2018.
- Abdessemed C, Yao Y, Narayan P & Bouferrouk A. (2017) Unsteady parametrization of a morphing wing design for improved aerodynamic performance. In: 52nd 3AF International Conference on Applied Aerodynamics, Lyon, 27-29 March 2017.