Contact Dr Cecilia Fenech Brincat
Areas of expertise
- Biomass and Waste
- Energy and the Environment
- Environment and Health
- Environmental Impacts
- Waste Management and Resource Efficiency
- Water Science & Engineering
Dr Cecilia Fenech Brincat took on this role as a Research Delivery Executive within the Research and Innovation Office at Cranfield University after spending a number of years as a Research Fellow in renewable energy at Cranfield University. As a Research Fellow she was the project manager of the Bio-Thermal RED (Biological and Thermal Renewable Energy Demonstrator) ERDF funded project, to provide business support to SMEs in the East of England involved in renewable energy.
She completed her PhD (2010-2013) in environmental and analytical chemistry as part of the Marie Curie funded ITN ATWARM (Advanced Technologies for Water Resource Management) at Dublin City University, Ireland. Prior to this, she was employed as an Assistant Quality Assurance Manager at General Soft Drinks (Coca Cola) Co. Ltd., Malta.
I am the Research Delivery Executive at Cranfield University, based within the Research and Innovation Office, where I lead the Research Support Team. The primary purpose of this role is to contribute to the implementation and review of the University's research strategy and related processes and policies, and providing an expert support function to maximise the University's research performance and develop a dynamic research environment. My responsibilities include:
- Advising academic staff of forthcoming public sector funding opportunities and provide expert advice during the development of proposals, policies and processes.
- Identifying and sharing best practice in the national and international funding arena.
- Contributing to the development and ongoing review of University Research Strategy and implementation plans.
- Developing and implementing processes and initiatives that the university in increasing public-sector research funding.