Contact Dr Boris Snapir
Areas of expertise
- Applied Informatics
- Digital Agriculture
- Monitoring & Environmental Informatics
- Natural capital
- Space Systems
- PhD, Radar remote sensing of soil moisture, Cranfield University (2011-2014)
- MSc Astronautics and Space Engineering, Cranfield University (2010-2011)
- Institut supérieur de l'aéronautique et de l'espace (ISAE), France (2008-2011)
Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
Marine Management Organisation
Articles In Journals
- Cipullo S, Snapir B, Tardif S, Campo P, Prpich G & Coulon F (2018) Insights into mixed contaminants interactions and its implication for heavy metals and metalloids mobility, bioavailability and risk assessment, Science of the Total Environment, 645 (December) 662-673.
- Snapir B, Waine TW, Corstanje R, Redfern S, De Silva J & Kirui C (2018) Harvest monitoring of Kenyan tea plantations with X-band SAR, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 11 (3) 930-938.
- Snapir B, Simms DM & Waine TW (2017) Mapping the expansion of galamsey gold mines in the cocoa growing area of Ghana using optical remote sensing, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 58 (June) 225-233.
- Kingston J, Hobbs S, Roberts P, Juanes-Vallejo C, Robinson F, Sewell R, Snapir B, Llop J & Patel M (2015) Use of CYPRES™ cutters with a Kevlar clamp band for hold-down and release of the Icarus De-Orbit Sail payload on TechDemoSat-1, Acta Astronautica, 100 (1) 82-93.
- Hobbs S, Mitchell C, Forte B, Holley R, Snapir B & Whittaker P (2014) System design for geosynchronous synthetic aperture radar missions, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 52 (12) 7750-7763.
- Snapir B, Hobbs S & Waine TW (2014) Roughness measurements over an agricultural soil surface with Structure from Motion, ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 96 210-223.