Contact Dr Boris Snapir
Areas of expertise
- Applied Informatics
- Digital Agriculture
- Monitoring & Environmental Informatics
- Natural capital
- Space Systems
- PhD, Radar remote sensing of soil moisture, Cranfield University (2011-2014)
- MSc Astronautics and Space Engineering, Cranfield University (2010-2011)
- Institut supérieur de l'aéronautique et de l'espace (ISAE), France (2008-2011)
Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
Marine Management Organisation
Articles In Journals
- Snapir B, Momblanch A, Jain SK, Waine TW & Holman IP (2019) A method for monthly mapping of wet and dry snow using Sentinel-1 and MODIS: Application to a Himalayan river basin, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 74 (February) 222-230.
- Cipullo S, Negrin I, Claveau L, Snapir B, Tardif S, Pulleyblank C, Prpich G, Campo P & Coulon F (2019) Linking bioavailability and toxicity changes of complex chemicals mixture to support decision making for remediation endpoint of contaminated soils, Science of the Total Environment, 650 (2) 2150-2163.
- Cipullo S, Snapir B, Prpich G, Campo P & Coulon F (2019) Prediction of bioavailability and toxicity of complex chemical mixtures through machine learning models, Chemosphere, 215 (January) 388-395.
- Snapir B, Waine TW, Corstanje R, Redfern S, De Silva J & Kirui C (2018) Harvest monitoring of Kenyan tea plantations with X-band SAR, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 11 (3) 930-938.
- Cipullo S, Snapir B, Tardif S, Campo P, Prpich G & Coulon F (2018) Insights into mixed contaminants interactions and its implication for heavy metals and metalloids mobility, bioavailability and risk assessment, Science of the Total Environment, 645 (December) 662-673.
- Snapir B, Simms DM & Waine TW (2017) Mapping the expansion of galamsey gold mines in the cocoa growing area of Ghana using optical remote sensing, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 58 (June) 225-233.
- Kingston J, Hobbs S, Roberts P, Juanes-Vallejo C, Robinson F, Sewell R, Snapir B, Llop J & Patel M (2015) Use of CYPRES™ cutters with a Kevlar clamp band for hold-down and release of the Icarus De-Orbit Sail payload on TechDemoSat-1, Acta Astronautica, 100 (1) 82-93.
- Snapir B, Hobbs S & Waine TW (2014) Roughness measurements over an agricultural soil surface with Structure from Motion, ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 96 210-223.
- Hobbs S, Mitchell C, Forte B, Holley R, Snapir B & Whittaker P (2014) System design for geosynchronous synthetic aperture radar missions, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 52 (12) 7750-7763.