Contact Dr Barmak Honarvar Shakibaei Asli
Barmak received a Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2013. Early in his career, he served as a Senior Lecturer with the Azad University of Urmia, Iran, from 1998 to 2009. From 2013 to 2015, he was a post-doc fellow at the Integrated Light-wave Research Group (ILRG) in the Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya. He co-supervised two Ph.D. students in photonics and optics in ILRG. From 2015 to 2018, he was a research fellow in the Department of Image Processing at the Institute of Information Theory and Automation, Czech Academy of Sciences, Prague, Czech Republic.
He joined Cranfield in October 2018 as Senior Research Fellow in Intelligent Medical Imaging and Processing and Project Manager at the School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing. He has published more than 35 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals and conference proceedings.
His teaching and current research interests include signals and systems, digital filter design, digital image processing, medical image processing, and pattern recognition. He is an associate fellow of advance HE and a Senior Member of IEEE.
I am recruiting Self-funded PhD and MSc students in the following areas:
Medical Image Processing, Image Processing in Nondestructive testing (NDT), Digital Signal Processing Techniques for Fault Detection and Diagnosis in Electric Machines and Systems, Photonics Applications in Disease Diagnosis and Healthcare
Barmak is a Senior Research Fellow in Intelligent Medical Imaging and Processing and Project Manager in the School of Aerospace, Transport and Manufacturing at Cranfield University. He is a manager of EPSRC project titled ‘Distributed Intelligent Ultrasound Imaging System for Secure in-community Diagnostics (SecureUltrasound)’. His research is related to ultrasound image analysis, development of efficient algorithms for image enhancement, ultrasound image segmentation and feature extraction and identifying an appropriate Cloud platform for prenatal diagnostics.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc)
National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS)
CBCI Society for Medical Education, St John's Research Institute (SJRI)
The Institute of Information Theory and Automation, Czech Academy of Sciences (UTIA)
Articles In Journals
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B, Zhao Y & Erkoyuncu JA (2021) Motion blur invariant for estimating motion parameters of medical ultrasound images, Scientific Reports, 11 (1) Article No. 14312.
- Alotaibi M, Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Khan M (2021) Non-invasive inspections: a review on methods and tools, Sensors, 21 (24) Article No. 8474.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B, Flusser J, Zhao Y, Erkoyuncu JA, Banerjee Krishnan K, Farrokhi Y & Roy R (2020) Ultrasound image filtering and reconstruction using DCT/IDCT filter structure, IEEE Access, 8 141342-141357.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B, Flusser J, Zhao Y & Erkoyuncu J (2019) Filter-generating system of Zernike polynomials, Automatica, 108 (October) Article No. 108498.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Flusser J (2018) Discrete hermite moments and their application in chemometrics, Chemometrics and Intelligent Laboratory Systems, 177 (June) 83-88.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Flusser J (2017) New discrete orthogonal moments for signal analysis, Signal Processing, 141 (December) 57-73.
- Aslian A, Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B, Tan C, Adikan F & Toloei A (2016) Design and analysis of an optical coupler for concentrated solar light using optical fibers in residential buildings, International Journal of Photoenergy, 2016 Article No. 3176052.
- Kakaie Z, Honarvar Shakibaei B, Sua YM, Chow DM, Mahdiraji GA & Adikan FRM (2015) Design of single-band bandpass filter using photonic bandgap fiber by suppressing core modes in higher order bandgaps, IEEE Photonics Journal, 7 (3) Article No. 4700214.
- Shawon MJ, Amouzad Mahdiraji G, Hasan MM, Honarvar Shakibaei B, Gang SY, Rahman Chowdhury Mahdy M & Adikan FRM (2015) Single negative metamaterial-based hollow-core bandgap fiber with multilayer cladding, IEEE Photonics Journal, 7 (6) Article No. 4600812.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Flusser J (2014) Fast computation of Krawtchouk moments, Information Sciences, 288 (December) 73-86.
- Honarvar B, Paramesran R & Lim C (2014) Image reconstruction from a complete set of geometric and complex moments, Signal Processing, 98 (May) 224-232.
- Kumar A, Paramesran R & Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B (2014) Moment domain representation of nonblind image deblurring, Applied Optics, 53 (10) B167-B171.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Jahanshahi P (2014) Image deconvolution by means of frequency blur invariant concept, Scientific World Journal, 2014 Article No. 951842.
- Homarvar Shakibaei B & Paramesran R (2014) A new formulation of geometric moments from lower output values of digital filters, Journal of Circuits, Systems, and Computers, 23 (4) Article No. 1450055.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Paramesran P (2013) Fourier–Mellin expansion coefficients of scaled pupils, Chinese Optics Letters, 11 (8) Article No. 080101.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Paramesran R (2013) Recursive formula to compute Zernike radial polynomials, Optics Letters, 38 (14) 2487-2489.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B, Paramesran R & Lim C-L (2013) The fast recursive computation of Tchebichef moment and its inverse transform based on Z-transform, Digital Signal Processing, 23 (5) 1738-1746.
- Chang K, Paramesran R, Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Lim C (2012) Efficient hardware accelerators for the computation of Tchebichef moments, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 22 (3) 414-425.
- Shakibaei Asli B. (2012) Survey of a New Note on Karnaugh Maps, International Journal of Control and Automation, 5 (2) 21-24.
- Honarvar Shakibaei B (2012) Analysis and simulations of eccentric rotors of rotating machinery in polar space, World Applied Sciences Journal, 17 (12) 1675-1682.
- Lim C-L, Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B, Thung K-H & Paramesran R (2011) Fast computation of exact Zernike moments using cascaded digital filters, Information Sciences, 181 (17) 3638-3651.
- Jalali M & Honarvar Shakibaei B (2010) Angular accuracy of ML, MUSIC, ROOT-MUSIC and spatially smoothed version of MUSIC algorithms, International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering, 2 (3) 399-403.
- Jalali M & Honarvar Shakibaei B (2008) Performance evaluation of spatially smoothed MUSIC algorithm, GESTS International Transactions on Computer Science and Engineering, 47 (1).
- Jalali M, Honarvar Shakibaei B & Bazdar A (2008) Performance evaluation of ML, MUSIC and ROOT-MUSIC algorithms in presence of noise, fading and three active users, GESTS International Transactions on Computer Science and Engineering, 50 (1).
- Shakibaei BH, Flusser J, Zhao Y, Erkoyuncu JA & Roy R (2021) DCT/IDCT filter design for ultrasound image filtering. In: 25th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2020), Milan, 10-15 January 2021.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B, Flusser J & Zhao Y (2019) 2-D generating function of the zernike polynomials and their application for image classification. In: 2019 Ninth International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications (IPTA), Istanbul, 6-9 November 2019.
- Jahanshahi P, Honarvar Shakibaei B, Gang SY & Adikan FRM (2015) Numerical analysis of SPR-based optical fiber biosensor. In: 2014 IEEE 5th International Conference on Photonics (ICP), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2-4 September 2014.
- Shakibaei B, Shawon M, Gang S & Mahamd Adikan F (2015) IIR filter implementation of dispersive medium using Z-transform. In: 2014 IEEE 5th International Conference on Photonics (ICP), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2-4 September 2014.
- Tan C, Aslian A, Honarvar B, Puborlaksono J, Yau Y & Chong W (2015) Estimating surface hardening profile of blank for obtaining high drawing ratio in deep drawing process using FE analysis. In: 4th Global Conference on Materials Science and Engineering (CMSE 2015), Macau, China, 3-6 August 2015.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli, B, Paramesran R & Han-Thung K Chang KH (2011) A reduced 2-D digital filter structure for fast implementation of geometric moments. In: 4th International Conference on Computer and Electrical Engineering (ICCEE 2011), Singapore, 14-15 October 2011.
- Honarvar Shakibaei B & Flusser J (2014) Image deconvolution in the moment domain. In: Moments and Moment Invariants: Theory and Applications, Science Gate Publishing, p. 111-125.
- Honarvar Shakibaei Asli B & Paramesran R (2013) Digital filter implementation of orthogonal moments. In: Digital Filters and Signal Processing, InTech.