Contact Dr Anthony Jackson
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754641
- Email: a.j.b.jackson@Cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
- Gas Turbines & Propulsion
- Power Systems & Turbines
- RAF Officer 1954-56
- Graduated in Mechanical Sciences at Cambridge University, 1959
- 38 years at Rolls-Royce in gas turbines; posts in Engine Performance, Compressor Aerodynamics, Preliminary Design, Turbine Aerodynamics, Turbine and Combustion Design, Advanced Engineering and Industrial Gas Turbine Technology.
- PhD at Cranfield University, 2009.
Current activitiesDr Jackson is a specialist in gas turbine technology. After graduating at Cambridge, he spent 38 years in engineering at Rolls Royce, finishing as Director of Technology in Rolls-Royce Canada.
He joined Cranfield University in 1997. His particular interests are engine performance, turbomachinery aerodynamics, installation performance and engine structures. He has experience in several aspects of the design of gas turbines for aircraft and industrial applications.
ClientsPrevious clients include:
- European Union
- International Energy Agency
- Rolls Royce
- AVIC (China).
Articles In Journals
- Xue R, Jiang J, Zheng X, Gong JL & Jackson A (2019) Study of noise reduction based on optimal fan outer pressure ratio and thermodynamic performance for turbofan engines at conceptual design stage, International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 21 (2).
- Xue R, Jiang J & Jackson A (2019) Effect of bypass ratio on optimal fan outer pressure ratio and performance for turbofan engines, International Journal of Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 20 (1).
- Mahmood T, Jackson AJB, Sethi V, Khanal B & Ali F (2017) CFD investigation of a core-mounted-target-type thrust reverser, Part 1: reverser stowed configuration, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 140 (9) Article No. Article no. 091204.
- Mahmood T, Jackson AJB, Sethi V, Khanal B & Ali F (2017) CFD investigation of a core-mounted-target-type thrust reverser, Part 2: reverser deployed configuration, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 140 (9) Article No. 091205 : GTP-17-1465.
- Lolis P, Giannakakis P, Sethi V, Jackson AJB & Pilidis P (2014) Evaluation of aero gas turbine preliminary weight estimation methods, The Aeronautical Journal, 118 (1204) 625-641.
- Rubie JS, Li YG & Jackson AJB (2018) Performance simulation and analysis of a gas turbine engine using drop-in bio-fuels. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2018, Oslo, 11-15 June 2018.
- Mahmood T, Jackson A, Rizvi SH, Pilidis P, Savill AM & Sethi V (2012) Thrust reverser for a mixed exhaust high bypass ratio turbofan engine and its effect on aircraft and engine performance. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2012: Turbine Technical Conference and Exposition (GT2012), Copenhagen, 11-15 June 2012.
- Sethi V, Diara F, Atabak S, Jackson A, Bala A & Pilidis P (2008) Advanced modeling of fluid thermodynamic properties for gas turbine performance simulation. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2008: Power for Land, Sea, and Air (GT2008), Berlin, 9-13 June 2008.
- Zilli A, Pachidis V, Jackson A & Pilidis P (2005) CFD investigation of the performance of a military HP axial turbine subjected to inlet temperature distortion. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2005: Power for Land, Sea, and Air (GT2005), Reno, NV, 6-9 June 2005.
- Jackson AJB, Laskaridis P & Pilidis P (2004) A test bed for small aero gas turbines for education and for university - Industry collaboration. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2004: Power for Land, Sea, and Air (GT2004), Vienna, 14-17 July 2004.