Contact Dr Andrea Momblanch
Areas of expertise
She is a water and environmental engineer with 8 years of experience on integrated water resource management. She developed her main expertise at the Technical University of Valencia, around water resource allocation, river water quality and aquatic habitat modelling, with special focus on their relationship with aquatic Ecosystem Services.
Andrea is now working in the Catchment Management group, contributing to the hydrological and water resource systems modelling in a NERC funded project that explores the impacts of climate change on water resources in the Indian Himalayas and sustainable ways to manage them.
Her research interests are related to water resource and environmental modelling to support sustainable catchment management.
Articles In Journals
- Momblanch A, Paredes-Arquiola J & Andreu J (2017) Improved modelling of the freshwater provisioning ecosystem service in water scarce river basins, Environmental Modelling and Software, 94 (August) 87-99.
- Momblanch A, Connor J, Crossman N, Paredes-Arquiola J & Andreu J (2016) Using ecosystem services to represent the environment in hydro-economic models, Journal of Hydrology, 538 293-303.
- Terrado M, Momblanch A, Bardina M, Boithias L, Munné A, Sabater S, Solera A, Acuña V & Siqueira T (2016) Integrating ecosystem services in river basin management plans, Journal of Applied Ecology, 53 (3) 865-875.
- Momblanch A, Paredes-Arquiola J, Munné A, Manzano A, Arnau J & Andreu J (2015) Managing water quality under drought conditions in the Llobregat River Basin, Science of the Total Environment, 503-504 300-318.
- Paredes-Arquiola J, Solera A, Martinez-Capel F, Momblanch A & Andreu J (2014) Integrating water management, habitat modelling and water quality at the basin scale and environmental flow assessment: Case study of the Tormes River, Spain, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 59 (3-4) 878-889.
- Momblanch A, Andreu J, Paredes-Arquiola J, Solera A & Pedro-Monzonís M (2014) Adapting water accounting for integrated water resource management. The Júcar Water Resource System (Spain), Journal of Hydrology, 519 3369-3385.