Contact Dr Andrea Momblanch
Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Natural capital
- Water Science and Engineering
Dr Momblanch is a water and environmental engineer specialised on integrated water resource management. She developed her main expertise around water resource planning and management, water quality and aquatic habitat modelling, with special focus on their relationship with aquatic Ecosystem Services.
Dr Momblanch is now working in the Catchment Management group, contributing to the hydrological and water resource systems modelling in a NERC funded project that explores the impacts of climate change on water resources in the Indian Himalayas and sustainable ways to manage them.
Her research interests are related to water resource and environmental modelling to support sustainable water and catchment management.
Articles In Journals
- Benisiewicz B, Momblanch A, Leggatt A & Holman IP (2020) Erosion and sediment transport modelling to inform payment for ecosystem services schemes, Environmental Modeling and Assessment, Available online 30 July 2020.
- Momblanch A, Beevers L, Srinivasalu P, Kulkarni A & Holman IP (2020) Enhancing production and flow of freshwater ecosystem services in a managed Himalayan river system under uncertain future climate, Climatic Change, Available online 29 August 2020. Dataset/s: 10.5285/715db0b2-1d63-4842-ab80-f0f33b39e5e0
- Momblanch A, Papadimitriou L, Jain SK, Kulkarni A, Ojha CSP, Adeloye AJ & Holman IP (2019) Untangling the water-food-energy-environment nexus for global change adaptation in a complex Himalayan water resource system, Science of the Total Environment, 655 (March) 35-47. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.7041902.v1
- Bannister D, Orr A, Jain SK, Holman IP, Momblanch A, Phillips T, Adeloye AJ, Snapir B, Waine TW, Hosking JS & Allen-Sader C (2019) Bias correction of high-resolution regional climate model precipitation output gives the best estimates of precipitation in Himalayan catchments, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, Available online 14 December 2019 (24).
- Momblanch A, Holman IP & Jain SK (2019) Current practice and recommendations for modelling global change impacts on water resource in the Himalayas, Water (Switzerland), 11 (6) Article No. 1303.
- Snapir B, Momblanch A, Jain SK, Waine TW & Holman IP (2019) A method for monthly mapping of wet and dry snow using Sentinel-1 and MODIS: Application to a Himalayan river basin, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 74 (February) 222-230.
- Momblanch A, Paredes-Arquiola J & Andreu J (2017) Improved modelling of the freshwater provisioning ecosystem service in water scarce river basins, Environmental Modelling and Software, 94 (August) 87-99.
- Momblanch A, Connor J, Crossman N, Paredes-Arquiola J & Andreu J (2016) Using ecosystem services to represent the environment in hydro-economic models, Journal of Hydrology, 538 293-303.
- Terrado M, Momblanch A, Bardina M, Boithias L, Munné A, Sabater S, Solera A, Acuña V & Siqueira T (2016) Integrating ecosystem services in river basin management plans, Journal of Applied Ecology, 53 (3) 865-875.
- Momblanch A, Paredes-Arquiola J, Munné A, Manzano A, Arnau J & Andreu J (2015) Managing water quality under drought conditions in the Llobregat River Basin, Science of the Total Environment, 503-504 300-318.
- Momblanch A, Andreu J, Paredes-Arquiola J, Solera A & Pedro-Monzonís M (2014) Adapting water accounting for integrated water resource management. The Júcar Water Resource System (Spain), Journal of Hydrology, 519 3369-3385.
- Paredes-Arquiola J, Solera A, Martinez-Capel F, Momblanch A & Andreu J (2014) Integrating water management, habitat modelling and water quality at the basin scale and environmental flow assessment: Case study of the Tormes River, Spain, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 59 (3-4) 878-889.
- Momblanch A, Pedro-Monzonis M, Solera A & Andreu J (2018) Water accounting for integrated water resources management: experiences and recommendations. In: Advances in Chemical Pollution, Environmental Management and Protection, Elsevier, p. 63-96.
- Andreu J, Momblanch A, Paredes J, Pérez M & Solera A (2012) Potential role of standardized water accounting in Spanish basins. In: Water Accounting: International Approaches to Policy and Decision-making, Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd., p. 123-138.