Contact Dr Amir Zare Shahneh
- Tel: +44 (0) 1234 754601
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Areas of expertise
Current activitiesDr Shahneh joined the Aerospace Engineering Department at Cranfield University to research and lecture in airframe systems design in 2009. He lectures on topics including hydraulics, pneumatics, flight control actuation systems and aerodynamics, as well as providing supervision on related student projects. He is also acting as project examiner and independent Academic Representative to monitor the progress of students. Dr Shahneh has a record of published papers and contributes to journal and conference papers. He is a member of the Royal Aeronautical Society.
Dr Shahneh is the Course Director for the Pre-Masters in Engineering course. The course provides a professional grounding for engineers to further their studies in Aerospace, Power & Propulsion, Automotive, CFD, Offshore, Astronautics and Renewable Energy.
Current research interests include airframe systems technologies focusing on environmentally approaches. He is also involved in projects relating to upgrading aircraft performance.
ClientsDr Shahneh has years of experience in scientific and industrial activities, both experimental and theoretical. Following his graduation in Mechanical Engineering from Sharif University of Technology, he began his career in industry as a design engineer working in mechanical systems, HVAC, and clean room design and management. He took part in many on-the-job training fellowships in different countries and is a highly skilled engineer.
He joined Queen Mary University, London in 2002 to complete his PhD in Aerospace Engineering. The nature of his research was both experimental and computational - work was carried out in a supersonic wind tunnel to verify the effect of a novel vortex generator on the attenuation of shock induced separation, and then verified by modelling the experimental facilities by a computational fluid dynamic code, STAR-CD.
He started his teaching career in 2002 in the areas of Fluid Mechanics, Mathematics and Aerodynamics.
Articles In Journals
- Zare Shahneh A (2019) More frequent flight in the ash polluted sky using electrostatic filter, International Journal of Aeronautics and Aerospace Engineering, 1 (1) Article No. 1000105 27-35.
- Shahneh A (2018) Compound actuation system design for an advanced space transportation reusable orbiter, Aeronautics and Aerospace Open Access Journal, 2 (5) 264-268.
- Terada Y, Lawson CP & Shahneh AZ (2017) Analytical investigation into the effects of nitrogen enriched air bubbles to improve aircraft fuel system water management, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 233 (3) 861-870.
- Cooper M, Lawson C & Shahneh AZ (2017) Simulating actuator energy consumption for trajectory optimisation, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 232 (11) 2178-2192.
- Durango GJ, Lawson C & Zare Shaneh A (2016) Formation flight investigation for highly efficient future civil transport aircraft, The Aeronautical Journal, 120 (1229) 1081-1100.
- Zare Shahneh A (2016) Computational simulated verification of hybrid laminar flow design by suction method, International Journal of Computer & Software Engineering, 1 Article No. IJCSE-105 - .
- Shetty J, Lawson C & Shahneh AZ (2015) Simulation for temperature control of a military aircraft cockpit to avoid pilot’s thermal stress, CEAS Aeronautical Journal, 6 (2) 319-333.
- Zare Shahneh A & MacBean A (2015) Analytical investigation on the performance of laminar to turbulent transition over a wing, Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology, 2 (8) 2000-2007.
- Zare Shahneh A (2015) Vortex generator effect on mitigation of separation in transonic flow nozzle, International Journal of Advancements in Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, 2 (1) 61-65.
- Zare Shahneh A (2012) Computational analysis of tetrahedral vortex generator effect on the attenuation of shock induced separation, International Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 1 (IJAST) 34-52.
- Zare Shahneh A (2011) Control of separation induced on the wing of transonic speed aircraft by means of micro vortex generator, Journal of Aerospace Engineering and Technology, 1 (2) 8-25.
- Shahneh AZ & Motallebi F (2009) Effect of submerged vortex generators on shock-induced separation in transonic flow, Journal of Aircraft, 46 (3) 856-863.
- Zare Shahneh A & Motallebi F (2009) An experimental study on the influence of vortex generators on the shock-induced boundary layer separation at M=1.4, Journal of Applied Mechanics, 76 (4) 1-8.