Contact Dr Ali Oskuie
- Email: Ali.Oskuie@cranfield.ac.uk
Areas of expertise
- Energy Asset Management
- Structures and Materials
Aliakbar Oskuie received his BSc from Iran University of Technology (IUST) in Materials Science and Engineering (Ceramics) in 2006 and his MSc from Sharif University of Technology in Corrosion Engineering in 2008.
He matriculated in 2008 and graduated in 2013 from University of Tarbiat Modares in Materials Science and Engineering. His thesis title was the investigation of environmental factors on SCC of pipeline steels in high pH soils.
Soon after graduation he started a career in Oil & Gas and was the team lead and group manager for a consultancy company providing services on Asset Integrity Management.
Now, he is Knowledge Transfer Associate working in partnership with Cranfield University and CorrosionRADAR Ltd. to carry out studies on Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) and its risk assessment.
Aliakabr Oskuie's work as the KTP Associate involves studying contributing factors to Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) and supporting the development of a risk assessment methodology based on the study results.
Articles In Journals
- Oskuie AA, Shahrabi T & Lajevardi A (2013) Failure of pipeline expander segments due to undesirable EDM, Engineering Failure Analysis, 28 34-46.
- Shahriari A, Shahrabi T & Oskuie AA (2013) Effects of cathodic potential, bicarbonate, and chloride ions on SCC of X70 pipeline steel, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 22 (5) 1421-1429.
- Shahriari A, Shahrabi T & Oskuie AA (2013) A study on stress corrosion cracking of X70 pipeline steel in carbonate solution by EIS, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 22 (5) 1459-1470.
- Ghasemi A, Shahrabi T, Oskuie AA, Hasannejad H & Sanjabi S (2010) Effect of heat treatment on corrosion properties of sol-gel titania-ceria nanocomposite coating, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 504 (1) 237-242.
- Oskuie AA, Afshar A & Hasannejad H (2010) Effect of current density on DC electrochemical phosphating of stainless steel 316, Surface and Coatings Technology, 205 (7) 2302-2306.
- Hassannejad H, Shahrabi T, Malekmohammadi F, Shanaghi A, Aliofkhazraei M & Oskuie AA (2010) Effect of cerium doping on corrosion resistance of amorphous silica-titanium sol-gel coating, Current Applied Physics, 10 (4) 1022-1028.