Contact Dr Alexander Heidebrecht
Areas of expertise
- Aircraft Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Gas Turbines & Propulsion
- Preliminary Aircraft design
- CFD (RANS methods) for:
- Analysis and design of transport aircraft
- Determination of wind tunnel intereference (transonic, slotted-wall)
- Design of wind tunnel model support
- Flow in a thrust reverser
- Design of low-speed wind tunnel.
- Technical and aerodynamic design of a teaching wind tunnel.
- Engine integration in preliminary design stage.
Articles In Journals
- Heidebrecht A & MacManus DG (2019) Surrogate model of complex non-linear data for preliminary nacelle design, Aerospace Science and Technology, 84 (January) 399-411.
- Christie R, Heidebrecht A & MacManus D (2017) An automated approach to nacelle parameterization using intuitive class shape transformation curves, Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 139 (6) Article No. GTP-16-1227 062601-1-062601-9.
- Matesanz-Garcia J, Christie R, Tejero F, MacManus D & Heidebrecht A (2020) An automated approach for the aerodynamic design of close-coupled propulsion/airframe configurations. In: Aerospace Europe Conference 2020 (AEC2020), Bordeaux, France, 25-28 February 2020.
- Robinson MH, MacManus DG, Heidebrecht A & Grech N (2017) An optimization method for nacelle design. In: 55th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Grapevine, Texas, 9-13 January 2017.
- Christie R, Heidebrecht A & MacManus D (2016) An automated approach to nacelle parameterization using intuitive class shape transformation curves. In: ASME Turbo Expo 2016: Turbomachinery Technical Conference and Exposition, Seoul, 13-17 June 2016.