Areas of expertise
- Power Systems & Turbines
- Process Systems Engineering
- Diagnosis of Low-Speed Bearing Degradation Using Acoustic Emission Techniques
- The effect of nanocoating and nanofluids on a parabolic trough system performance
- Study the thermal behaviour correlation between the outer ring raceway and casing of a rolling bearing element
- Monitoring cavitation phenomena on centrifugal pumps and valves using
Stress Analysis of Machine Components
Articles In Journals
- Almurtaji S, Ali N, Teixeira JA & Addali A (2021) Effect of preparation temperature, surfactant, and nanoparticles concentration on the effective thermophysical properties of multi-walled carbon nanotubes’ nanofluids, International Journal of Thermophysics, 42, (12) Article No. 168.
- Almurtaji S, Ali N, Teixeira JA & Addali A (2021) Effect of multi-walled carbon nanotubes-based nanofluids on marine gas turbine intercooler performance, Nanomaterials, 11 (9) Article No. 2300.
- Alqallaf J, Ali N, Teixeira JA & Addali A (2020) Solid particle erosion behaviour and protective coatings for gas turbine compressor blades—a review, Processes, 8 (8) Article No. 984.
- Almurtaji S, Ali N, Teixeira J & Addali A (2020) On the role of nanofluids in thermal-hydraulic performance of heat exchangers - a review, Nanomaterials, 10 (4) Article No. 734.
- Naser A, Amaral Teixeira J & Addali A (2019) New pH correlations for stainless steel 316L, alumina, and copper(I) oxide nanofluids fabricated at controlled sonication temperatures, Journal of Nano Research, 58 (June) 125-138.
- Ali N, Amaral Teixeira J, Addali A, Saeed M, Al-Zubi F, Sedaghat A & Bahzad H (2019) Deposition of stainless steel thin films: an electron beam physical vapour deposition approach, Materials, 12 (4) Article No. 571.
- Alhashan T, Addali A, Teixeira JA & Elhashan S (2018) Identifying bubble occurrence during pool boiling employing acoustic emission technique, Applied Acoustics, 132 (March) 191-201.
- Ali N, Teixeira JA, Addali A, Al-Zubi F, Shaban E & Behbehani I (2018) The effect of aluminium nanocoating and water pH value on the wettability behavior of an aluminium surface, Applied Surface Science, 443 (June) 24-30.
- Alhashan T, Addali A, Teixeira JA & Naid A (2018) Experimental investigation of the influences of different liquid types on acoustic emission energy levels during the bubble formation process, International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering, 9 (1) 13-20.
- Alhashan T, Addali A & Teixeira JA (2018) Investigation of the influence of flow rate on bubble formation and collapse in ball valves at various opening percentages using an AE technique, Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring, 60 (6) 326-334.
- Ali N, Teixeira JA & Addali A (2018) A review on nanofluids: fabrication, stability, and thermophysical properties, Journal of Nanomaterials, 2018 Article No. 6978130.
- Alhashan T, Addali A & Teixeira J (2016) Exploration of the possibility of acoustic emission technique in detection and diagnosis of bubble formation and collapse in valves, IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering, 13 (6, Version II) 32-40.
- Alssayh M, Addali A, Mba D & El-Alej M (2016) Slug velocity measurement using acoustic emission technology, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, 230 (1) 76-83.
- Alhashan T, Elforjani M, Addali A & Teixeira J (2016) Monitoring of bubble formation during the boiling process using acoustic emission signals, International Journal of Engineering Research & Science, 2 (4) 66-72.
- Elasha F, Greaves M, Mba D & Addali A. (2015) Application of Acoustic Emission in Diagnostic of Bearing Faults within a Helicopter Gearbox, Procedia CIRP, 38 30-36.
- Husin S, Addali A, Hammond D & Mba D (2013) High-frequency acoustic emission and single gas bubble burst, Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring, 55 (4) 197-201.
- Eftekharnejad B, Addali A & Mba D (2012) Shaft crack diagnostics in a gearbox, Applied Acoustics, 73 (8) 723-733.
- Husin S, Addali A & Mba D (2012) Observation of acoustic emission from gas bubble inception and burst, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, 226 (1) 79-88.
- Husin S, Addali A & Mba D (2011) Sensitivity of acoustic emission (AE) technology in monitoring oxide formation on an aluminium surface, Insight: Non-Destructive Testing & Condition Monitoring, 53 (12) 677-681.
- Al-Balushi KR, Addali A, Charnley B & Mba D (2010) Energy index technique for detection of acoustic emissions associated with incipient bearing failures, Applied Acoustics, 71 (9) 812-821.
- Addali A, Al-Lababidi S, Yeung H, Mba D & Khan F (2010) Acoustic emission and gas-phase measurements in two-phase flow, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part E: Journal of Process Mechanical Engineering, 224 (4) 281-290.
- Al-lababidi S, Addali A, Yeung H, Mba D & Khan F (2009) Gas void fraction measurement in two-phase gas/liquid slug flow using acoustic emission technology, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 131 (6) 064501-1-064501-7.
- Alhajeri HM, Amaral Teixeira J, Addali A, Gamil AAA & Alenezi AH (2016) Mist cooling ratios analysis in rectangular passage with 45deg angled rib. In: 54th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, 2016, San Diego, 4-8 January 2016.
- Eftekharnejad B, Addali A & Mba D (2014) Defect source location of a natural defect on a high speedrolling element bearing with Acoustic Emission. In: Annual Conference of the Prognostics and Health Management Society 2011, Montreal, QC, 25-29 September 2011.
- Addali A, Al-lababidi S, Yeung H & Mba D (2010) Measurement of gas content in two-phase flow with acoustic emission. In: 4th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (WCEAM 2009), Athens, 28-30 September 2009.
- Addali A & Mba D (2010) Acoustic Emission Technology for Assessing Gas Void Fraction Levels in Two-Phase Flow. In: 5th World Congress on Engineering Asset Management (WCEAM 2010), Brisbane, 25-27 October 2010.