Areas of expertise
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Through-life Engineering Services
Davide graduated from the University of Padova (Italy) with a BSc degree in Electrical Energy Engineering. He moved on to complete a joint MSc in Energy Engineering at the Free University of Bolzano and the University of Trento (Italy). While studying at Bolzano and Trento, Davide spent one semester at the Vienna University of Technology (Austria), and one semester at the Chiang Mai University (Thailand) to complete his MSc thesis. After the MSc Davide started working at Fraunhofer Institute in the team of Automation and Mechatronics Engineering.
Davide is currently pursuing a PhD in developing top-level ontology-based digital twins to monitor through-life degradation of complex engineering assets.
The digital twin to be developed in this PhD aims to deliver the availability and reliability of major asset against a customer requirement (Demand). This will contribute to matching the supply of the different contributing service resources that will assist in making an asset available for the customer to undertake their operations. Within the PhD will be developed degradation optimisation methods embedded in the digital twin to enable the planning process.
At Cranfield, Davide will be based at the Centre for Digital Engineering and Manufacturing (CDEM), which hosts cutting-edge simulation and visualisation facilities.
Articles In Journals
- D'Amico RD, Addepalli S & Erkoyuncu JA (2023) Industrial insights on digital twins in manufacturing: application landscape, current practices, and future needs, Big Data and Cognitive Computing, 7 (3) Article No. 126. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.23587110
- D'Amico DR, Erkoyuncu JA, Addepalli S & Penver S (2022) Cognitive digital twin: an approach to improve the maintenance management, CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, 38 (August) 613-630.
- D’Amico D, Ekoyuncu J, Addepalli S, Smith C, Keedwell E, Sibson J & Penver S (2019) Conceptual framework of a digital twin to evaluate the degradation status of complex engineering systems, Procedia CIRP, 86 61-67.
- D’Amico RD, Egger G, Giusti A, Rauch E, Riedl M & Matt DT (2018) Communication concept of DeConSim: a decentralized control simulator for production systems, Procedia Manufacturing, 24 100-106.
- D'Amico RD, Sarkar A, Karray H, Addepalli S & Erkoyuncu J (2022) Detecting failure of a material handling system through a cognitive twin. In: 10th IFAC Conference on Manufacturing Modelling, Management and Control MIM 2022, Nantes, 22-24 June 2022.
- D'Amico RD, Addepalli P & Erkoyuncu JA (2022) Is a top level ontology based digital twin the solution to human-machine interoperability?. In: TESConf 2021: 10th International Conference on Through-life Engineering Services, Virtual Event: Host: University of Twente, 16-17 November 2021.
- Brozzi R, D’Amico RD, Pasetti Monizza G, Marcher C, Riedl M & Matt D (2018) Design of self-assessment tools to measure industry 4.0 readiness. A methodological approach for craftsmanship SMEs. In: IFIP International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management, Turin, 2-4 July 2018.