Contact Clive Temple
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM)
- MA University of York
- BA (Hons) Saint David's University College, University of Wales
- Management development programmes at Cranfield University
Motorsport and Automotive Programme Director and Course Director - Motorsport MSc courses
Clive Temple joined Cranfield from the Open University in 1995. Prior to this he worked in industry before returning to his studies and then taking up a career in the higher education sector. Clive was the initiator of Cranfield's Motorsport Engineering MSc, developing the course in collaboration with the motorsport sector. He is currently Programme Director for Motorsport and Automotive MSc courses. He is the Course Director for the Advanced Motorsport Engineering and Advanced Motorsport Mechatronics MSc courses for which he is also admissions tutor, co-manager for the group design and individual thesis projects. Additionally, Clive Temple leads a number of modules delivered on the Motorsport MSc courses .including the induction/introduction, motorsport powertrain, motorsport CFD and business of motorsport modules. Clive Temple is actively involved in motorsport as a competition licence holder, having competed in events for over 30 years. He owns historic competition cars and motorcycles. Clive is a member of the Vintage Sports Car Club, the Riley Register, the Amilcar Salmson Register and the Vintage Motor Cycle Club. Clive attended his first race at Silverstone in 1962 as a spectator. He represents the University where the Motorsport Industry Association (MIA), the British Racing Driver's Club (BRDC) and Motorsport UK are concerned. He has contributed to a number of broadcasts covering motorsport. He has supported the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Lewis Hamilton Commission regarding diversity; an area which he also contributes to within the University. In 2021 Clive became the inaugural holder of the Adrian Reynard Medal for Ingenuity. Clive is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM) and a member of the Grand Prix Trust. He is an Old Bedfordian, providing careers advice to Harpur Trust pupils.
- The business of motorsport
- The history of motorsport
- Motorsport technology development
- Motorsport technology transfer
- Motorsport technology clusters
- The automotive sector
- Social Media
- Motorsport companies including F1, Formula E and MotoGP teams
- Sir Jackie Stewart OBE
- Silverstone and the British Racing Drivers' Club (BRDC)
- Motorsport UK
- Motorsport Industry Association (MIA)
- Cranfield Simulation
- Cranfield Impact Centre (CIC)
- The International Guild of Specialist Engineers (TIGOSE)
Articles In Journals
- Bang CS, Rana ZA, Könözsy L, Marchante Rodriguez V & Temple C (2022) Numerical investigation and fluid-structure interaction (FSI) analysis on a double-element simplified Formula One (F1) composite wing in the presence of ground effect, Fluids, 7 (2) Article No. 85.
- Bang CS, Rana ZA, Könözsy L, Marchante Rodriguez V & Temple C (2022) Aeroelastic analysis of a single element composite wing in ground effect using fluid-structure Interaction, Journal of Fluids Engineering, 144 (4) Article No. 041202.
- Salmon P, Könözsy L, Temple C & Grove S (2017) Numerical investigation on various heat exchanger performances to determine an optimum configuration for charge air cooler, oil and water radiators in F1 sidepods, Applied Thermal Engineering, 117 (May) 235-244.
- Dubey DP, Abhyankar HA, Marchante V, Brighton JL, Blackburn K, Temple C, Bergmann B, Trinh G & David C (2016) Modelling and validation of synthesis of poly lactic acid using an alternative energy source through a continuous reactive extrusion process, Polymers, 8 (4) Article No. 164.
- Gendre L, Marchante Rodriguez V, Abhyankar H, Blackburn D, Temple C & Brighton J (2016) Development of CNC prototype for the characterization of the nanoparticle release during physical manipulation of nanocomposites, Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part A: Toxic Hazardous Substances and Environmental Engineering, 51 (6) 459-501.
- MacAdam J, Ozgencil H, Autin O, Pidou M, Temple C, Parsons S & Jefferson B (2012) Incorporating biodegradation and advanced oxidation processes in the treatment of spent metalworking fluids, Environmental Technology, 33 (24) 2741-2750.
- Ladbrook J, Tjahjono B, Oakes E, de Sanabria Sales RR, de Rueda AG, Lizarazu U & Temple C (2011) Simulation study for investment decisions on the EcoBoost camshaft machining line, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part B: Journal of Engineering Manufacture, 225 (11) 2124-2137.
- Jeffrey P, Stephenson T & Temple C (2004) Ever deeper and wider: incorporating sustainability into a practitioner oriented engineering curriculum, Water Science and Technology, 49 (8) 43-48.
- Jeffrey P, Stephenson T & Temple C (2003) Ever deeper and wider: incorporating sustainability into a practitioner orientated engineering curriculum. In: 3rd IWA International Conference Environmental Engineering Education, Zurich, Switzerland, 25 September 2003.