Contact Christopher A Jones
Areas of expertise
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Sustainable Manufacturing
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Physics from Imperial College London (2016)
Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Space Science and Engineering from Mullard Space Science Laboratory - University College London (2017)
In October 2018, Christopher joined the Cranfield University Sustainable Manufacturing Systems Centre which, in collaboration with Exeter University and the University of Warwick, forms part of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council's (EPSRC) Centre for Doctoral Training in Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing.
Working with an investment casting foundry TPC Components AB, Hallstahammer, Sweden, Christopher's current research activities focus on:
- Ceramic material characterization
- Casting design
- CFD modelling and optimization
- Jones CA, Jolly MR, Jarfors AEW & Irwin M (2020) An experimental characterization of thermophysical properties of a porous ceramic shell used in the investment casting process. In: TMS 2020 149th Annual Meeting and Exhibition, San Diego, California, 23-27 February 2020. Dataset/s: 10.17862/cranfield.rd.9934280
- Jones CA, Jolly MR, Jarfors AEW, Irwin M, Svenningsson R, Steggo J & Eriksson J (2020) A verification of thermophysical properties of a porous ceramic investment casting mould using commercial computational fluid dynamics software. In: 15th International Conference on Modelling of Casting, Welding and Advanced Solidification Processes (MCWASP XV), Jönköping, 22-23 June 2020.