Brandon obtained his first class undergraduate degree at Aston University in Mechanical Engineering (BEng). During his degree he studied a range of modules from dynamics to control theory and thermodynamics to advanced systems design. The end result of his study was an original dissertation into autonomous control systems.
Brandon has also worked in industry, most notably Worcester Bosch Group, where he worked within the R&D New Technologies department and was involved in the use and design of detailed simulation models of home and commercial heating systems.
Brandon then finally joined Cranfield University school of Defence and Security in October 2016 to begin his Ph.D within the field of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), with a focus on image processing techniques and data analysis. With the aim of exploiting synthetic aperture radar signal processing to reveal concealed building features and phenomena.
PhD Research Title:
"Exploiting Synthetic Aperture Radar Signal Processing to Reveal Concealed Building Features And Phenomena".
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) Image Analysis.
- Through Wall SAR Imaging.
- 3D SAR Image Processing.
- Large airborne SAR collection processing.
- 3D airborne SAR image processing.
- Complex SAR phenomena analysis; multipath, vibrating targets.
Articles In Journals
- Corbett B, Andre D & Finnis M (2020) Localising vibrating scatterer phenomena in synthetic aperture radar imagery, Electronics Letters, Available online 21st January 2020 (8).
- Corbett B, Andre D & Finnis M (2017) Through-wall detection and imaging of a vibrating target using synthetic aperture radar, Electronics Letters, 53 (15) 991-995.
- Corbett B & Andre D (2019) Using synthetic aperture radar data-dome collections for building feature analysis. In: Defence and Security Doctoral Symposium, 2018, Steam Museum, Swindon, 13-14 November 2018.
- Corbett B, Andre D, Muff D, Finnis M & Blacknell D (2018) Analysis and exploitation of complex SAR phenomena produced from vibrating targets. In: 4th International Conference on Synthetic Aperture Sonar and Synthetic Aperture Radar, 2018, Lerici, 5-7 September 2018.
- Corbett B, Andre D, Muff D, Morrow I & Finnis M (2018) Imaging SAR phenomenology of concealed vibrating targets. In: 12th European Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar (EUSAR 2018), Aachen, 4-7 June 2018.
- Muff D, Andre D, Corbett B, Finnis M, Blacknell D, Nottingham M, Stevenson C & Griffiths H (2018) Comparison of vibration and multipath signatures from simulated and real SAR images. In: IET International Conference on Radar Systems (Radar 2017), Belfast, 23-26 October 2017.
- Corbett B, Andre D & Finnis M (2017) Through-wall detection and imaging of a vibrating target using synthetic aperture radar. In: Remote Intelligence of Building Interiors, 2017, Helsinki, 8-9 May 2017.