Contact Boyu Kuang
Areas of expertise
- Aerospace Manufacturing
- Computing, Simulation & Modelling
- Mechatronics & Advanced Controls
- Space Systems
- Structures and Materials
Boyu Kuang received the B.E. in aerospace engineering from the Civil University of China, Tianjin, China, in 2014, and the M.Sc. in Thermal Power from Cranfield University, U.K., in 2017. He is currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree with the Centre for Computational Engineering Sciences, Cranfield University.
He is a graduate student member of the IEEE. He is the reviewer of the IEEE/ASME. His experience involves surface inspection, image semantic segmentation for planetary exploration, and ultrasonic signal processing. His research interests include computer vision, signal processing, image processing, machine learning, and the planetary rover's visual odometry.
Boyu is working on a project named the visual autonomy of the planetary rover, which involves image processing, computer vision, machine learning, robotics, etc. He is also working on implementing signal processing and artificial intelligence technology in manufacturing applications and aerospace.
Articles In Journals
- Kuang B, Rana Z & Zhao Y (2021) Sky and ground segmentation in the navigation visions of the planetary rovers, Sensors, 21 (21) Article No. 6996.
- Nnabuife SG, Kuang B, Whidborne JF & Rana ZA (2021) Development of gas-liquid flow regimes identification using a noninvasive ultrasonic sensor, belt-shape features, and convolutional neural network in an S-shaped riser, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Available online 14 July 2021.
- Nnabuife SG, Kuang B, Whidborne J & Rana Z (2021) Non-intrusive classification of gas-liquid flow regimes in an S-shaped pipeline-riser using doppler ultrasonic sensor and deep neural networks, Chemical Engineering Journal, 403 (January) Article No. 126401.
- Kuang B, Nnabuife SG & Rana Z (2021) Pseudo-image-feature-based identification benchmark for multi-phase flow regimes, Chemical Engineering Journal Advances, 5 (March) Article No. 100060.